Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Feb 2001, 20:13 (Ref:61990)   #26
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe, 20th Feb sounds good to me It's a Tuesday, I like the sound of that. Revenge is a sweet word and a couple of weeks ago my boss left me alone on a Tuesday with a particularly obnoxious volunteer that we have. Me thinks the bossman is going to find himself left alone with the obnoxious volunteer on Tuesday 20th We really need an evil grin smiley on here somewhere
Old 2 Feb 2001, 20:25 (Ref:61997)   #27
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio33
I am probably going to postpone to 20th Feb...
Probably? When are you going to make your mind up?

Quote:
Clio V6, Clio 172 and Mighty Mini! Should be fun...
Yep, certainly does sound like fun...and as I said, I like the idea of dropping the boss in it on the 20th

Old 2 Feb 2001, 20:29 (Ref:62000)   #28
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Oh bugger..

I'm sharing a track I hardly know, with a Clio driver not known for his patience in a brand new car with twice the horsepower he's had before... I'm now very scared..

"Hello, is that the Donington sales line? Can I have my money back? Hello? Hello?"

I did ring them before actually - and they said they only had 5 cars booked in for the day (afternoon actually).. Three of them are Mighty Minis, so I guess the other two are Rick + Paul..

This could be fun

By the way Rick, you've already shared track space with the other two Mighty Minis before - They are Neven and David Kirkpatrick, and they were in attendance at the Snetterton Charity day last year..

Old 3 Feb 2001, 08:56 (Ref:62126)   #29
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi! Oi!
I have driven the V6 before...
I am not known for my patience??????????? Did I push anyone off at the Charity day? I think not.
We aren't booked in yet, still saving the money!
Mighty Minis huh? I thought they were extra chicanes!

Seriously, don't worry about who else is there. You've paid your money and you have every right to be on the racing line, it is upto the faster guys to go around you.

Wise words given to me by my team manager during my first ever test day. At Donington. With the entire F3 field out at the same time. Until you've looked into Jenson Buttons eyes as you come out of McLeans backwards and he is coming straight at you, trying to guess which direction you are going to have your accident in next, you've missed out!
Old 3 Feb 2001, 11:41 (Ref:62143)   #30
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
when is the next test day at mallory?

we want one about the 22nd

anyone know wots on?
Old 3 Feb 2001, 11:51 (Ref:62149)   #31
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Traditionally testing at Mallory is every Weds morning for cars and then bikes in the afternoon...
Don't think thats changed recently...
R
Old 3 Feb 2001, 11:55 (Ref:62151)   #32
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'll be the 21st of Feb then, THR.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 12:25 (Ref:62165)   #33
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
god that was quick. do u two live online?

weds mornings that sounds ok. altho it means leaving home about 5am to get there. :-(

how much?
Old 3 Feb 2001, 12:39 (Ref:62169)   #34
Sparky
Veteran

Live Online? Is there anywhere else?

Mallory charges £70.00 for the 9:00 to 12:30 morning session.

Details on http://www.mallorypark.co.uk
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:14 (Ref:62186)   #35
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think you guys could start a topic stating a list of when you are testing so your elite fans can come and watch? I don't know if you have set days or whether it is a decision made on a weekly or monthly basis. It would be nice if you could keep us updated on a regular basis so we could arrange to come along. Alternatively, if you keep me updated then I can include it in the monthly post on what's on in the month.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:17 (Ref:62188)   #36
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, sod it, i'm gonna *ask* if I can take Feb 20th as one of my days holiday for this year. Don't know if i'll get it, but i'll ask Hopefully see the 3 of you at Donny

Lorna - dunno about Chris Y, but maybe you could keep an eye on - the soon to be new and improved - http://www.cliosport.com for news on the ActiveShop boys ?
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:18 (Ref:62189)   #37
Lorna
Veteran

I will be booking he 20th off to have a gander SO MAKE SURE YOU DO CRAIG!
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:20 (Ref:62192)   #38
Sparky
Veteran

Woo Hoo!! See ya there Craigster!

Anyone else? Get a few more and this could be a regular gathering!

(The best bit for me is that it's an afternoon session, so I don't have to get up at FIVE A.M. like I did for Mallory! )
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:20 (Ref:62193)   #39
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well it's not really my decision, but i'll ask
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:21 (Ref:62194)   #40
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
70 earth pounds?!!!
wow

how much is silverstone or thruxton?
anybody know?
and the avialibility of the tracks.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:23 (Ref:62196)   #41
Sparky
Veteran

£70.00 is not bad, THR. Donington want £150.00 for the afternoon session on the 20th!

Silverstone is going to be the same if not more...
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:24 (Ref:62198)   #42
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That's a weeks wages!!
Old 3 Feb 2001, 23:22 (Ref:62325)   #43
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
That's a weeks wages!!
That's motor racing

Originally posted by RickP:Clio33
I am not known for my patience??????????? Did I push anyone off at the Charity day? I think not.

Not for a lack of trying That poor Cortina! And you very nearly got the phrase "Vanden Plas" stamped backwards on your Clio from that SD1

We aren't booked in yet, still saving the money!
Mighty Minis huh? I thought they were extra chicanes!

Correct! And we can brake later and get in the way more Are you booking in for the whole day at Donny (I think it's possible, but it'll cost you about £230

Seriously, don't worry about who else is there. You've paid your money and you have every right to be on the racing line, it is upto the faster guys to go around you.

Wise words indeed. My ARDS instructor at Donington said exactly those words to me in November. I think I annoyed an MG Midget at Mallory by sticking to that same racing line

Old 4 Feb 2001, 13:37 (Ref:62371)   #44
Veteran

England
Zurich
We'll be there for the whole day... since we have to pay to have the car there and mechanics, we might as well cough the extra £80 or so to do the whole day.
Assuming I remember to book it...

That SD1 wasn't close... shurely you've seen some onboard stuff from the Clio where I was forced to push the guy all the way up the straight at Knockhill then round Duffus Dip? Now that was close...

I upset a MG Midget at Mallory once... she was dozing approaching the Esses when I went by in my 5 Turbo and then tried to stay with me through the corner... on road tyres... it all ended in tears and a shower of fibreglass.

In case I don't make it, someone, I wonder who? has put a good piccy of a very similar V6 to mine on the following link

Don't panic, we'll be there... assuming its not snowing.

RickP

Clio V6
Old 14 Feb 2001, 23:41 (Ref:64813)   #45
Lorna
Veteran

It's looking good for Rick's attendance on Tuesday now. And Chris? I take it you will still be testing too?

The show of hands looks like this:

Me
Woody
Les (& Kev, I presume)
Carrie
Sparky
Maisie?
Nigel? Were you going to make it?
Craig? Is it really impossible to get the time off work?
I assume Reb will be there?
Are there any others that I have forgotten?
Old 15 Feb 2001, 00:36 (Ref:64822)   #46
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
It's looking good for Rick's attendance on Tuesday now.

So he finally got round to booking it then I believe Paul Lomax will be there also..

And Chris? I take it you will still be testing too?

Certainly will. I will be there with the mini testing out some new tyres and possibly some new dampers. I'll be keeping a low profile, trying to avoid getting in the way of the storming Clios

Maisie will also be in attendance..

The show of hands looks like this:

Me
Woody
Les (& Kev, I presume)
Carrie
Sparky
Maisie?
Nigel? Were you going to make it?
Craig? Is it really impossible to get the time off work?
I assume Reb will be there?
Are there any others that I have forgotten?

Wow - I didn't realise there'd be so many people coming! I'll be there in the afternoon only, but I believe the Clio-ers will be there all day long.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 08:04 (Ref:64844)   #47
Veteran

England
Zurich
Yes, I have finaly booked it...

I really can't believe anyone is coming to watch though, it is going to be cold and it is going to be boring.

Track opens at 9 and closes at 5 light/fog/snow permitting with an hour for lunch at some stage. (Usually while they are scraping the Tuscan off the bottom of the Spitfire plinth).

Assuming we can keep them in one piece, Mr Lomax and I will be pounding around all day...

RickP
Old 15 Feb 2001, 12:29 (Ref:64868)   #48
Sparky
Veteran

I'll be there not so much to spectate; more to get my hands on the oily bits of the No. 42 Mighty Mini of Chris Yates!

(Rick, bring some passenger seats - we could re-live old times!! )
Old 15 Feb 2001, 12:44 (Ref:64871)   #49
Veteran

England
Zurich
This is a proper test day Sparky, none of that playing Taxis is allowed to go on...
I shall just be pounding the laps trying to match Jerome Policands Pole position time (some hope...)
Rick
Old 15 Feb 2001, 18:46 (Ref:64915)   #50
Sparky
Veteran

I knew that really, Rickster!
I just fancied a spin round Donington , that's all!