Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 19 Feb 2001, 09:47 (Ref:65502)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
who's still going to silverstone this wednesday?
Old 19 Feb 2001, 12:53 (Ref:65526)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me Armed with numerous cameras and taking too many photos no doubt.
Old 19 Feb 2001, 13:28 (Ref:65531)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said in the other thread, I'll do me darnedest to be there; finances permitting.

My daughter will be with me, she doesn't know yet though!

Sparky junior really enjoyed it last time, and I could really use the company on the trip!

(Carrie - Monopod at the ready? )
Old 19 Feb 2001, 21:16 (Ref:65611)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky
(Carrie - Monopod at the ready? )
It's got a proper flagpole now - oo er

Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:14 (Ref:65773)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, Bella, I can't get the day off work now. We'll have to meet up another time. Sorry
Old 20 Feb 2001, 22:10 (Ref:65784)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

i'm not going to be able to make it - a sad mix of weedy excuses i'm afraid. i can't afford more than 2 days off work this week, and there's a nasty bank manager waving his finger at me, and a credit company taking their big red marker and about to tarnish my credit record for life. petrol is another factor, and my weedy car is weeding out (anything over 65 is a no-no - shocks are wasted..).

i really wanna have some pics to show off, but it'll have to be at the next test. march, is it?

*off to have a major sulk*

see you all soon - including you, lorna...no excuses next time...
Old 22 Feb 2001, 23:30 (Ref:66169)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
So, did *anyone* make it then ?
Old 23 Feb 2001, 21:10 (Ref:66305)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Did anyone go? Did you have a good time?
Old 23 Feb 2001, 21:20 (Ref:66309)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STALKER ALERT!!!

Little moi made it to all three (cold) days. On Wednesday I had the pleasure of meeting Carrie, Danielsun, Sparky, Sparky Jr and Timothy once more.

F1 STALKER UPDATE:
This testing's stalking reaped little rewards, making it the most unsuccessful test ever on the autograph ever...
Jarno Trulli was got again - no mean feat, it required three of us sprinting down the road towards the A40 to the queue of traffic - whilst Jenson stopped on Wednesday night at 7pm. He also stopped again on Thursday morning. What a nice chap.

And now a short ditty...

Jos, Jos, hear this plea,
When next testing at Silverstone,
please stop for little me.
You always seem to drive past, really really fast,
never ever stopping, to sign some autographs.
So listen up Verstappen, or you won't be Jos the Boss -
sign my A21 next time, or we'll call you Joss the Dross.

Thankyou.

Old 24 Feb 2001, 00:25 (Ref:66359)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Move over Roger McGough...
Old 24 Feb 2001, 00:27 (Ref:66360)   #11
Carrie
Veteran

Well at least you amused the rest of us as we sat in our cars watching you go legging it down towards to A43 in hot pursuit of Jarno Trulli
Glad to say it wasn't as cold as Donington had been on the Tuesday.
Hopefully got some decent piccies as well, just slightly annoying to get a text message on Thursday saying that McLaren were there. We did get to see Jordan, Arrows and Benetton though. When's the next trip to Silverstone???
Has Sparky Junior got plans to become an autograph stalker now she's started her collection?
Old 24 Feb 2001, 00:35 (Ref:66362)   #12
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It certainly was a good day. And I still can't get over how taken I am with how the Benetton sounds. It's like a breath of fresh air after 5 years of "angry wasp in a jam-jar" F1 cars.

What an autograph for Sparky Jr to start a collection with! Jackie Stewart no less. No way was that big black Jag going to pass before she was good and ready to let it.

Looking forward to the pictures, Carrie - even though standing next to Danielsun makes me look even shorter than I do normally...!
Old 24 Feb 2001, 00:43 (Ref:66363)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Looking forward to the pictures, Carrie - even though standing next to Danielsun makes me look even shorter than I do normally...!
I resorted to trying to balance on a gate in a vain attempt to get a similar sort of height to Dan when we were trying to take photos at the entrance to Luffield Even so, I don't think there's hope that the photos I took there will turn out, I was wobbling about too much.

And should Mr Redshoes find his way into this topic and make any reference to my height I shall be forced to take immediate offence

Old 24 Feb 2001, 00:46 (Ref:66366)   #14
Carrie
Veteran

BTW, what year was the Benetton flag
Bet there's somebody somewhere giving a computer screen a good glare as they read that comment
Old 24 Feb 2001, 20:15 (Ref:66495)   #15
Lorna
Veteran

Nice one! Glad you had a good time. Sorry I missed it

I'll start another thread for another meeting
Old 24 Feb 2001, 20:43 (Ref:66504)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Can everyone keep in mind the test sesh on Thursday June 14th ? As pretty much all of the regular gang (and many others) will be departing fro either Mondello or Le Mans the following day and will therefore be booking holiday from work, why not take an extra day off and really start the weekend off well. Should be a giggle, and the rush for the various ferries at the end should be a giggle