Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2007, 06:14 (Ref:1929028)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans Weather (Official 2007 thread)

Seem to remember we had a Le Mans 'weather' thread last year, so here's one for 2007!

Please note, Aysedasi warnings for blasphemy and heresy will be administered as appropriate (at his request)!

PascaLM's link

Accuweather link

The Accuweather forecast looks extremely promising (at the time of posting)!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1929062)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant..... nows my chance to try out my mew Hawaiian Tropic outfit !!!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:36 (Ref:1929066)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh dear, I worry about Le Mans weather threads....... Too much like tempting fate for my liking.

So, let's get this straight once and for all.

We need to harness the power of positive thought.

[chantmode]

It will not rain at Le Mans

It will not rain at Le Mans during the entire race

(Optional chorus) It will not rain at Le Mans during the entire race [scrutineering*][Wednesday practice*][Thursday practice*][Friday walkabout*]
(*delete as appropriate)

It will not rain at Le Mans.

[/chantmode]

Feel free to adopt a suitable heavy metal score - perhaps an adaptation of 'We are the Champions' or a track from Ozzy's new album, or something by the Floyd (for absent friends ).

When your friends and family ask you why you're talking to yourself all the time all of a sudden, just remind them (adapting Mr. Shankley's wise words) 'Some people believe Le Mans is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Jun 2007 at 07:40.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:40 (Ref:1929070)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Seem to remember we had a Le Mans 'weather' thread last year, so here's one for 2007!

Please note, Aysedasi warnings for blasphemy and heresy will be administered as appropriate (at his request)!

PascaLM's link

Accuweather link

The Accuweather forecast looks extremely promising (at the time of posting)!
I like the accuweather one best so can you please freeze that page to ensure it stays like that!

Cheers
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1929072)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but freezing connotes something liquid to be frozen - too risky!!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1929077)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Tempting as it is to leave jumpers and wet weather gear behind experience tells me to prepare for just about everything, but shorts and bright shirts will top of the list.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1929080)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My own view on the weather is that as long as it is dry when you arrive (Tuesday afternoon for us) and leave (Sunday evening) you can set-up and break camp comfortabley and then work around what ever the Weather Gods through at you for the days in between.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1929097)   #8
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I shall probably invoke cries of outrage when I say that some of the most exciting sports/gt races I've seen have been in the rain...

( But then I go back as far as Rodriguez in the Rain... )
Old 5 Jun 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1929155)   #9
bonedome
Rookie

England
bonedome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think I might get your rendition of Mr Shankley's quote put on a t-shirt, sums it all up in a nutshell.
top stuff

(adapting Mr. Shankley's wise words) 'Some people believe Le Mans is a matter of life and death.
[/QUOTE]
Old 5 Jun 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1929176)   #10
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as its not as hot as 2005 and not as wet as night qualifying last year, I'll be a happy man
Old 5 Jun 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1929187)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Bull
I shall probably invoke cries of outrage when I say that some of the most exciting sports/gt races I've seen have been in the rain...

( But then I go back as far as Rodriguez in the Rain... )
Last year the deisels did seem to have more touble in the wet so a spell of rain during the race may be just what we need to even things up. Agree with comment about it being dry when we arrive and dry when we leave though, nothing worse than putting up a tent in the rain or having a car full of damp gear.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 10:58 (Ref:1929213)   #12
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
As far as I can see it with the forecast,it's probably going to be pressing warm. And when all these cloud formations keep hanging around,we'll most likely get at least one shower. (I remember in '97,we even had a hailstorm of 5 min. and we ended up throwing iceballs at each other! )

Allways best to be prepared for hot AND wet weather.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1929463)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedome
I think I might get your rendition of Mr Shankley's quote put on a t-shirt, sums it all up in a nutshell.
top stuff

(adapting Mr. Shankley's wise words) 'Some people believe Le Mans is a matter of life and death.
[/quote]

You know bonedome - I might just just do that too.......
Old 5 Jun 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1929601)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I like a small shower in the race , sends them all scampering into the pits for wets and 10 laps later appears a dry line and they all scamper in for slicks ..... as well as cooling me down some . Just a small shower is all though .
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1929638)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The forcast is looking good, I have to agree with the The Badger a small shower would be nice a) to cool things down and b) do get rid of some of the dust in the specator area's.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1929666)   #16
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ayse, I advise you against reading this post

It may rain intermittently on saturday and the temperature will be rather cool, 18°C for the start, 15h00. Perhaps we will have a very busy pitlane during the first hours.
I hope these several drops won't affect our meeting.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1930114)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't tell 'you know who', but...........

.........I've just had a peak at the AccuWeather forecast which now tends to reflect PascaLM's predictions/forecast, except.........it's even worse!!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1930116)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure it's going to rain! I think it was Monday night this week there were big thunderstorms. I have remembered, though, to buy suncream so fingers crossed for good weather
Old 6 Jun 2007, 12:08 (Ref:1930178)   #19
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I'm sure it's going to rain! I think it was Monday night this week there were big thunderstorms. I have remembered, though, to buy suncream so fingers crossed for good weather
We are due some inclement weather, although 1995/2001 turned out to be pretty good races, particularly 1995.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1930218)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

I just hope these weather men got this wrong !!!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1930242)   #21
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Accuweather have a two day rain segment, which earlier was supposed to be Wednesday-Thursday, now seems to be Thurday-Friday. Race day looks good as of 9am EDT Wed June 6...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1930255)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Does it mention Saturday night and Sunday morning Paul , please ?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 14:37 (Ref:1930335)   #23
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
er... boy, it's still pretty much in flux. Now Saturday says "rainy" whereas Sunday is sunny and cool. (Saturday night is not supposed to be wet)

Last edited by paul-collins; 6 Jun 2007 at 14:39.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Jun 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1930398)   #24
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been keeping an eye on Metcheck and like the other sites above the forecast's got gradually poorer (Sorry).

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...ocationID=1758 (click the 'next 7 days' button to move ahead)

Al.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1930547)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That doesn't look good does, having said that it was mean to rain at Croft on Sunday and I ended up getting sun brunt !!!