Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Notices

Old 16 Jan 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4029456)   #196
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Well, that seems to be like the pre-2011 days where teams made an aero package that largely suited LM, but then got dirtied up for the sprint races with gurneys, dive planes, more rear wing, etc. Think stuff like the Audi R8/10/15, 2008 and earlier Peugeot 908, and even Peugeot's 2011 car post-Le Mans that year when they ran a slightly modified LM aero kit.

Then again, even before that Peugeot ('09/10) ran a different nose on the 908 than anywhere else that was a LM exclusive fitting.

I also think that the one aero kit logic (as well as the weight increase) was to address criticism from fans over how the cars looked with the dorsal fins and the bulbous front fenders/wheel arches for their LM kits. Heavier cars are harder to flip over given the increase in mass, and having to standardize on one main aero kit means you have to make it work to a degree everywhere, not just at LM.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4029476)   #197
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Endurance-info wonder:
Does a high-performance prototype have to be pretty?

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un...-il-etre-beau/
Old 16 Jan 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4029487)   #198
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Interesting design in the floor area. Im interested in seeing this car perform. I wonder how bop will come into play as well. The difference between this new car and the grandfathered "Alpine" Oreca.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4029507)   #199
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota are predicting at LM they "should" be about 10 seconds a lap slower. If that's race pace, that's 2006-like speeds. If they mean qualifying, that's current LMP2 pace when driven by a pro.

Toyota didn't clarify and also, since there's no lift and coast anymore, the LMH/LMDH cars will probably be able to run closer to qualifying pace in the races.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4029823)   #200
greenmachinets040
Rookie

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
so it seems that power output from ICE will decrease when front ERS will release power to let the car stay in the 500W limit in any case. For sure that will help with traction and acceleration but should prevent toyota exiting skyrocket from corners compared to not hybrid cars
..on the other hand the GR010 won t have the top speed deficit at the end of the straights compared to LMP2 as TS050 did..it is also a good thing.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4029825)   #201
greenmachinets040
Rookie

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Interesting design in the floor area. Im interested in seeing this car perform. I wonder how bop will come into play as well. The difference between this new car and the grandfathered "Alpine" Oreca.
It will be interesting. I have a fear though, that the french would go towards Alpine to win LM this year...it would be a shame honestly..

What is a vast and unique difference is, that in the same class there will be racecars having not the same width?? That is grotesque, for g.ds sake!
Old 18 Jan 2021, 21:04 (Ref:4029932)   #202
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
There was 1900mm ORECAs racing 2000mm everything else in LMP2 for two seasons.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4029944)   #203
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes it’s a disgrace that in the race’s 98 year history, cars of different proportions will be competing at Le Mans for the first time.
Old Yesterday, 13:40 (Ref:4030650)   #204
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gorgeous in white
Attached Thumbnails
gr010.jpg  
Old Yesterday, 14:13 (Ref:4030665)   #205
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Makes me wonder if the color scheme in the promo/test video was a place holder or that'll be the actual race color scheme. Number plate was def. a place holder, seeing in the ACO graphic they switched to the Gazoo Racing font (just like Audi did with their font after 2008).
Old Yesterday, 14:14 (Ref:4030666)   #206
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd approve of anything but red, white and black.....

I'd like something like this....
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota-1992-TS-010-n33-Le-Mans.jpg  
Old Yesterday, 17:32 (Ref:4030723)   #207
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When i watched that WEC entrants preview weren't all the cars displayed in a plain white livery?

Looking forward to internet meltdowns when Porsche and Audi display their inevitable red white and black liveries!
Old Yesterday, 20:48 (Ref:4030752)   #208
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'll buy some blue tinted specs Ker, then when I watch them, the red will be purple.....