Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Aug 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2521418)   #1
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mosler ruled out of British GT

Ive just heard that Mosler has been ruled out of the British GT by the national court.
just 11 cars will be starting on sunday at silverstone. the british gt championship has go so down hill and IMO its the SRO thats ruined it.

Rollcentre has been stripped of all points as has Dan Brown.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2521420)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Martin Short was hinting at this earlier in the week. Do you know what grounds it's been banned on?
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2521422)   #3
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
ah this thread should probably be moved to the sportscar & gt racing thread... sorry...
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2521424)   #4
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Martin Short was hinting at this earlier in the week. Do you know what grounds it's been banned on?
protest from the jones brothers is a rumour.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:11 (Ref:2521429)   #5
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
protest from the jones brothers is a rumour.
That's what Shorty was hinting at.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2521467)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/newsar...ter=1&nid=1271 for the story.

Seems unsatisfactory that a manifestly non-compliant car was allowed to run for so many rounds.

Jim
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2521468)   #7
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
http://www.mosler.co.uk/mosler/news_final.asp?id=81

Press release from Mosler & Martin Short. Don't think we've heard the last of this....
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2521471)   #8
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job SRO!
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2521473)   #9
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
http://www.mosler.co.uk/mosler/news_final.asp?id=81

Press release from Mosler & Martin Short. Don't think we've heard the last of this....
I hope not and knowing Martin he won't give up. The BGT won't be the same without Mosler or Rollcentre.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2521480)   #10
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one is pretty darn annoyed at this move by the MSA, article on Planetlemans, after a number of protest's by the jones brothers team, the Mosler is no longer allowed to race in the championship, bloody disgrace, you dont let a car race for this long in the season and they turn around and do this, you lay the rules out in the first place, i feel for Dan Brown and Shorty at this moment in time and after this, dare i say it, but i hope its the nail in the coffin for British GT, the championship is nothing short of a farce and i doubt i will be going to Silverstone this weekend as a matter of principle.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2521484)   #11
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever is behind throwing the team out having let them run for so long and spend so much money helping to prop up a failing series (single figure fields by the end of the year?) should hang their head. What a way to reward the loyalty of a team who's been in British GT for so long.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2521487)   #12
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe it's a "MSA move". The court had no choice. It appears the fault lies solely with the organisers. I also find it slightly surprising that the Mosler team entered the car into a class which they knew the car wasn't eligible for - unless someone mis-read the regs of course.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2521492)   #13
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Mike Sweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a farce. Doesn't the size of the grid reflect the state of the championship anyway, though?
Old 14 Aug 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2521502)   #14
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn silly this is. They knew at the start the decison to allow the (great looking) Mosler into the series was on shaky grounds, yet they did nothing. Now they ban it. I look forward every year to the BGT meeting at Brands, but this year........
Just be done with it and have Britcar as the de-facto British GT, its vastly more entertaining anyway.
Simon
Old 14 Aug 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2521503)   #15
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
BGT has been a farce of a championship for a while now.
the grid will be in single figures before long.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2521571)   #16
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
Rockfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking of attending Silverstone, but no point now, no Mosler.

I feel this is a shame, and the series needs cars like the Mosler. If the car was wrong from the start, why allow it in any way.

Shame for the series really, and I won't attend Silverstone, sorry about that.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2521747)   #17
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have every sympathy for Martin, I know *exactly* what it feels like...

once again SRO/BRSCC have demonstrated their totally in-ability to manage the championship.

PS. it's almost laughable that the only hurdle to stop the Mosler being homologated was protests about production numbers and yet how many Ascari's are there in the world?
Old 15 Aug 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2521759)   #18
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
I don't believe it's a "MSA move". The court had no choice. It appears the fault lies solely with the organisers. I also find it slightly surprising that the Mosler team entered the car into a class which they knew the car wasn't eligible for - unless someone mis-read the regs of course.
Less surprising if, as Martin Short's statement claims, they were given both
Quote:
'verbal and written affirmation that National GT cars were eligible'

Sounds as if the people mis-reading their own regs are SRO....

SRO's management of the series over the last couple of years seems to be a shambles- the best thing the MSA can do for next year is pull the plug and hand the rights to the 'British GT Championship' name over to the Britcar organisers

Incidentally, again from Martin's statement:

Quote:
Ironically, the Jones brothers are racing a car with a current performance advantage due to another technicality. The Ascari was originally only entitled to run in FIA GT3 several years ago because there were relatively few marques available in the European Championship’s first year and without any Ascari entries in Europe this year, the Ascari couldn't be ‘performance equalised’ for FIA GT3, the result of which has been that all Balance of Performance measures accrued for the Ascari over the last 3 years have been dismissed. Consequently, the Preci Spark entry has been running without last year’s 80 kg of ballast, and without the higher 20mm ride height Equalisation measure.

So is the Ascari running in GT3-legal form either....?

This seems to have opened a whole can of worms, and as arnie said, I don't think we've heard the last of this...

I was looking forward to going to the Brands round this year as well- right now I don't think I'll be bothering, the prospect of a grid barely into double figures and the championship decided in a courtroom, rather than on track holds no appeal at all...
Old 15 Aug 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2521790)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a ridiculous farce. So it would appear that you can race what you like in British GT until/unless its protested ! Aren't there eligibility stewards at each event ? Isn't eligibility a criterion for post-race scrutineering ?

If I were Martin Short I would seriously consider taking legal action to recover his outlay until this point in the year. As for the series itself... well it would be difficult to argue that its not in tatters. If I were running a team this year, I would consider withdrawing now.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2521837)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having heard this yesterday I too am extremely dissapointed by this decision. Yes the car strictly speaking isnt eligable for the class but I find it pathetic that certain people like the Jones brothers are prepared to sink so low in order to potentially win the Championship. This isnt the first time this year there has been confrontation between Martin Short and the Jones brothers though, as I remember last time out at Snetterton there was some sort of clash? I remember on the British GT programme that Martin Short didnt seem to be too happy with the Jones brothers about something, I just cant remember what it was.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2521843)   #21
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
winning and 11 car championship where your major major rivals are excluded - how truly proud one team will be on the 20th of September...

what a complete joke (least we didn't get this bad in Australia!!! )
Old 15 Aug 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2521857)   #22
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a load of rubbish.

I hope anyone at the last race takes some tomatoes to through at the Jones brothers on the podium.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2521867)   #23
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
wow a massive 13 car grid at silverstone this weekend, 2 of the cars are invitational...
surely BGT will be under threat of loosing its championship status from the MSA with such low grid numbers?
Old 15 Aug 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2521872)   #24
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least SRO sold Belgium GT and it hopefully will be back to the good old Belcar days ...
3 GT series in the UK are anyway to much - no problem if british GT dies
Old 15 Aug 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2521896)   #25
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BOOOOOOOOO. Oh well. Britcar and GT Cup offer much better racing.