Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2001, 15:23 (Ref:120586)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Biggest dissapointment

so a fair way through the V8 year so far ..i was wondering who you think has been a big dissapointment this year...

Tander and bargs have a had a shocker ..I thought Steve Ellery would have done better as well as Brad Jones and I thought McLean would have been a contender for podiums as well ..i know it isnt easy and im not bagging any of them but was just wondering who you thought has not preformed as well as you would have hoped so far ??
Old 23 Jul 2001, 23:46 (Ref:120792)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was thinking about this on the way to work this morning. Ford Tickford Racing...currently residing in the where are they now file...

Seems strange the factory team can't fly the flag for Ford and it's left up to Dick Johnson's mob and the Stone Bros...well Ambrose anyway.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 00:00 (Ref:120807)   #3
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright has been my big disappointment. He just does not seem to have the edge that I believed he would have after his experience overseas. He has not done at all good in qualifying when compared to his teammate.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 00:05 (Ref:120812)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brighty really has been the quiet acheiver...he's still 2nd in the championship after all...
Old 24 Jul 2001, 00:14 (Ref:120821)   #5
WheelMan
Rookie

WheelMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What's with Besnard?
I was looking forward to seeing him up there but that just hasn't been the case.

A little over-confidence perhaps?
Old 24 Jul 2001, 00:18 (Ref:120824)   #6
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know but he just does not seem to be performing to his best ability. I canberra which I consider to be a bit like monaco (a drivers track) he did not even make it into the top 15 shootout.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 02:32 (Ref:120864)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Easy on Brighty. He is in second, not too far behind Skaife. He has also been left to develop their somewhat troublesome new car almost entirely on his own.

Mark Larkham (and now his sponsor's left) and David Besnard have been a little disappointing.

Last edited by mac; 24 Jul 2001 at 02:36.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 02:49 (Ref:120875)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
even though he is 2nd in points, brighty has been out driven by his team-mate

david besnard i thought would have been the equal of marcus ambrose

paul romano - i dont understand how he can be so slow :confused:
Old 25 Jul 2001, 00:33 (Ref:121345)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say that I don't rate Besnard that highly, I was a bit worried that he would prove me wrong before the season started, butof course...

Bright- he won at the big points Adelaide and hasn't done much since getting his new car. I would have thought that the latest and greatest HRT have to offer would be more than capable of winning a few races...

GRM- Did they hit the booze after winning Bathurst or something? Maybe the added strain of running a Konica car is too much?

FTR- The other Ford teams have made them look a little bit second rate...and it is surprising to see Seton being conistantly beaten by his team mate for a change.

Romano- He still hasn't got the best car on the track....it's a VT, but when he got it from the factory, apparently it wasn't much of a VT, if you get my drift.... But I think the car is bent in 27 different directions, so he should be a bit higher up the standings.

Faulkner- I know he's had no luck what so ever, and he will always have a new sponsor on board 'for the next round', but he is having a right royal shocker

Oh well, there can only ever be one winner...
Old 25 Jul 2001, 02:43 (Ref:121379)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Besnard has been highly unimpressive, well short of all the hype. FTR seem to be off their game, Tander needs some big results to back up his big mouth and Romano has never done any good, never will IMO.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 02:52 (Ref:121382)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Besnard - what went wrong? It seems that Stone Brothers are having a little trouble having two competitive drivers in the team. Remember Craig Baird?

Romano too has been a little disappointing, as has Dean Canto. Of course, for Canto, funding is the cause of this, but I'm sure having to pre-qualify at each event is not where he'd like to be.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 10:21 (Ref:121483)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
besnard won australian formula ford and US formula ford 2000 - he should be doing better shouldnt he, maybe david should have been our open wheeler star in the US - still, in a month or 2 he could be bathurst champion

Last edited by gomick; 25 Jul 2001 at 10:22.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 10:52 (Ref:121493)   #13
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Skaife because of his attitude
Old 26 Jul 2001, 01:22 (Ref:121894)   #14
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
David would have been our US open wheeler star, if not for that greatest of all evils for Aussie racers - money.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 03:29 (Ref:122368)   #15
darren
Rookie

darren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT

Reading the lastest auto action paul romano it says that they dont get much factory support and it says that they done a deal to use romonas franchice for k mart racing and they run HYL. so if the deal turns sour who will run k mart racing next year HRT or ROMANO as it is his franchice.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 10:44 (Ref:122510)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HRT wont be able to- they are already entering their own 2 cars in addition to the Romano car- so next year they would only enter 1 car, if that was what was going to happen.

From what I'm told, Romano wasn't given a decent (or complete for that matter) car from the factory...so it has been a bit sour from that standpoint all year.

John Faulkner knocked back the oppertunity at the start of the season to be in Romano's position...maybe he'll take it up next season??
Old 30 Jul 2001, 23:04 (Ref:124066)   #17
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besnard

Well I raced Gokarts against him. He was the most tenacious calculating racer I have seen. Rumour around the pits the weekend was a year long brake hydraulic cockup discovered after Calder.
Whatever it was sure looks fixed now judging by his speed and confidence at Oran Park. Whach him and Ambrose feed off each other now.

Old 30 Jul 2001, 23:25 (Ref:124074)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Indeed, he had his finger firmly pulled out on the weekend....and I guess it shows the importance of qualifying...kudos David, now keep doing it!