Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3552673)   #1151
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
That's the problem with this one Al, It's similar to leisure batteries for caravans and as Mike said earlier they hold a lot of juice but no good for cranking.
Try this and look on ebay
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...cooter+battery
They sell a lot of them in pairs but there are some quite hefty single ones for about £50 if you look.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3552799)   #1152
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at Delta's post re misfire we have spent all weekend chasing one too.Just won't pull above slightly shy of 5k and struggles to 4500. God knows why. Went beatifully at Brands two weeks ago and I've done absolutely nothing since.

Changed everything (points coil condenser plugs rotor arm) checked timing and pretty much everything else with all sorts of helpful advice and head scratching from lots of helpful neighbours in the paddock but all to nowt. Still today was sunshine and have sun/windburn to prove it!!
Old 22 Jun 2015, 06:45 (Ref:3552913)   #1153
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engine earth lead? Had a similar problem on the B years ago Nick, car was on the rollers when it started misfiring.New plugs etc didnt cure it the I noticed the lead was arking out at higher engine speeds.Only started happening at around seven and a half though.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 06:55 (Ref:3552914)   #1154
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
O dear that's a shame nick . Two cars for the rolling road then . Journey home from monza cheered me up . Listen to this , pull up at first toll and there is a little fiat in front of me with three women . They shoot pass the ticket box and get to barrier . Realise their mistake and reverse back to the box hitting the high kirb . No damage done . I'm sitting in truck patiently . The machine does not work now ha ha . She is pushing the button again and again . She then pushes the other button asking for help . By this time there is massive que and all Italians on their horns . Still I sit there patiently . After five minuits bloke comes round in hi viz looks at the box and gives it a couple of wacks . Still no ticket and the three women are now shouting at this bloke . He goes off, they then approach me and I get out and shrug my shoulders . I can't reverse out to many cars behind . One of the other women wi day here window down and gestures to me to sound my horn . I sort of explain tvat I am Cornish and we can't be bothered to do that she then sticks her finger up her nose at me as if to say I'm to posh do do such a thing . By now I can reverse out and another bloke turns up in hi viz with clip board and the
Women driver gets out of the car and just goes berserk at this chap . It was so funny and cheered me up after the misery of my drive shaft breaking .
Old 22 Jun 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3553002)   #1155
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain, good one, another one for your autobiog!! Just let me edit it for spelling errors, though!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 22 Jun 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3553028)   #1156
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Iain, good one, another one for your autobiog!! Just let me edit it for spelling errors, though!
Best of luck with that then John.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3553030)   #1157
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, are you going to send me any photos from yesterday, particularly of Rod spinning the Elva. Sure that was you I espied at that location at the time!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 22 Jun 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3553075)   #1158
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Bob, are you going to send me any photos from yesterday, particularly of Rod spinning the Elva. Sure that was you I espied at that location at the time!
That was me John, and yes I caught Rod's gilhooley. I am busy processing, but will sort out a few from the Icons asap and send you a link.

Just don't tell Rod where you got them from.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3553144)   #1159
bauble
Veteran

England
John, I have sent a link of everything from the combined race, you should be able to download, however, if you can not, let me know. I might have sent the wrong link.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 05:53 (Ref:3553232)   #1160
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Great, isn't it. Get to Calais after 3am start, hour getting to check in with usual queue, then find 'No ship movement due to industrial action.'

Pity they couldn't have warned us at the booth!

Kettle going on....

Old 23 Jun 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3553236)   #1161
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah for once I have made the right desision going to Caen . Happy birthday Peter .
Old 23 Jun 2015, 07:14 (Ref:3553238)   #1162
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah for once I have made the right desision going to Caen . Happy birthday Peter .
No trouble with migrants either! Suppose we (am with Mirage truck) are better off than some as have just had porridge for brekkie- fresh made as well from proper oats and not your 'quick' stuff! The emergency tins of chilli and curry plus the dried pasta could yet be needed.

Russ (mirage truckie) is due at Brands tomorrow, Mirage are at FoS later this week and I am booked on ferry tomorrow for Spa Summer Classic, so not best timing by frenchies form our perspective.....
Old 23 Jun 2015, 08:54 (Ref:3553251)   #1163
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've come in to the office this morning to reports of the chaos at Calais, as I'm sure Mike will attest. The ferries are not sailing, the port workers are attempting to blockade the Eurotunnel access, there is disruption on the A16 and hundreds of migrants are attempting to breach the Eurotunnel perimeter at numerous points. With big delays on the M20 at J11A, Kent police have Operation Stack Phase 2 at "probable" status. Despite all this, Eurotunnel are managing to operate 4 freight trains an hour (they say). You did well going to Caen Iain!
Old 23 Jun 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3553257)   #1164
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I've come in to the office this morning to reports of the chaos at Calais, as I'm sure Mike will attest!
Suppose we are lucky in a way that got into port! Presume that the strike was called while we were checking in, so in theory should be on one of first ferries to eventually sail..... Hear flights affected as well to somewhere in France, so not just us.

Have had time for shave, and now putting feet up for a zizz. And at last a glimpse of sun......
Old 23 Jun 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3553273)   #1165
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Suppose we are lucky in a way that got into port! Presume that the strike was called while we were checking in, so in theory should be on one of first ferries to eventually sail..... Hear flights affected as well to somewhere in France, so not just us.

Have had time for shave, and now putting feet up for a zizz. And at last a glimpse of sun......
Might take a while Mike.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-33235473

Fires burning across the road and stuff, allegedly.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3553297)   #1166
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurotunnel now running 6 per hour plus access has been cleared and will reopen......once they have resurfaced!!! Currently running traffic to next junction and using the other slip to get people in. My Ferry Link staff are the culprits, currently Eurotunnel owned but soon to be forcibly sold off......they're obviously not happy about it. Operation Stack now in place. Telegraph warning of impending croissant crisis.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3553306)   #1167
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Eurotunnel now running 6 per hour plus access has been cleared and will reopen......once they have resurfaced!!! Currently running traffic to next junction and using the other slip to get people in. My Ferry Link staff are the culprits, currently Eurotunnel owned but soon to be forcibly sold off......they're obviously not happy about it. Operation Stack now in place. Telegraph warning of impending croissant crisis.
I bet that Spanish and Moroccan tomatoes (et al) will be either cheap (too many that survived the journey to sell on before the next lot arrives) or expensive (all trashed as suspect quality and claimed on insurance.)

Good decision from Mr. Delta I think.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3553324)   #1168
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Feeling smug but worried about mike . Not heard from him . Any news on tely
Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3553326)   #1169
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Someone tell Colin ezzz spelling Quassons Wong
Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:17 (Ref:3553329)   #1170
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Happy birthday Mr Mallett

Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3553333)   #1171
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Wow just had Darren Hall and Hall Truckie ring he is at Calais and says it's scary . Put tely on someone let us know what's going on
Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3553336)   #1172
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, what am I thinking- many Happy Returns, Pete!

Colin has got it correct, being in the know! My Ferry Link are owned by Eurotunnel (!), they've sold the ships to DFDS, 400 redundancies likely as a result. Union pressed crisis button.

Some race trucks not even trying to get here, but stopped short of the chaos to wait. Others turned round and legged it to a safe place!

Unless all returns to normal after today it's going to cause a lot of problems for Spa this weekend, as expect majority of Brits would be booked Dover Calais. Think Dunkirk is open but if you can't get to Dover port because of Operation Stack, then no advantage!

At least it is not raining.....
Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3553338)   #1173
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow just had Darren Hall and Hall Truckie ring he is at Calais and says it's scary . Put tely on someone let us know what's going on
Looks to be a bit of a mess - to say the least! Many miles of traffic. Fighting between migrants to get on to the lorries, local police chasing them etc. Eurotunnel said it's highest number of migrants that they have ever seen. Truck drivers being advised not to drive within 60 miles of Calais (easier said than done I would have thought).

Eurotunnel say the strike was expected to last until 20:00 local time (19:00 GMT).
Old 23 Jun 2015, 13:56 (Ref:3553339)   #1174
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Don't know if you'll be able to see this but there's a video of insurgents trying to get into the back of a truck while it's moving
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-33235473
Old 23 Jun 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3553341)   #1175
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Flipping eck . Thanks Tim . Just thought hope it was not me taking those two imagrents the wrong way sparked all this off !!!😳
Closed Thread