Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Feb 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1228202)   #26
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woodbine Racing announces rebrand

Woodbine Racing, Fantasy Championship frontrunners, are proud to announce that they will now be known as Jims Computer Services Racing after signing a multi-year deal with the Jim's Group. A special feature of this sponsorship is that the underside of the cars is being redesigned to accept lawnmower blades so that in the event of the car leaving the track, the circuit will receive a free grass cut. The team has managed to secure enough sponsorship to run a four car attack on this year's championship and has spent many months researching the best drivers for the team. Unfortunately we lost that piece of paper and have resorted to picking the drivers' names out of a hat.

Team: Jim's Computer Services Racing
Sponsors: Jims Computer Services, Jims Mowing, Microsoft, Dell, and Honda Lawnmowers.
Drivers:
#13 Paul Weel
#15 Craig Baird
#46 Andrew Jones
#00 Steve Owen
Manufacturer: Ford
Old 17 Feb 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1228807)   #27
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name: BORING (Boxy Organised Racing Including Naked Gridgirls)
Sponsers: Reef Oil, CUB, Hoosiers, Hog's Breath Cafe, Bolle Sunglasses
Drivers: #6 Mark Skaife
#9 Steve Ellery
#69 Steve Owen
State: QLD
Manufacturer: HOLDEN

Press release to follow.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1228882)   #28
Riddler
Rookie

Riddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: RIDDLER RACING
Sponsor(s): HOLDEN, BRIDGESTONE, ARROW KARTS
Drivers:
#04 PAUL WEEL
#66 DAVID BESNARD
#74 ANDREW JONES
#96 WILL DAVISON

Last edited by Riddler; 17 Feb 2005 at 23:53.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1228901)   #29
Dingo
Racer

United Nations
Dingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: DINGO MOTORSPORT
Sponsor(s): DIEBELS ALT, DANKA, VODAFONE
Drivers:
#25 Cameron McCONVILLE
#52 David BESNARD
#95 Greg RITTER
Manufacturer: HOLDEN COMMODORE VZ
Old 18 Feb 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1228906)   #30
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Spirit Race Team
Sponsor(s): Jack Daniels, Betty Ford, Velvet Revolver, Daily Planet
Drivers:
#2 Mark Skaife
#3 Greg Ritter
#23 Will Davidson
Manufacturer: HOLDEN COMMODORE VZ

We'd like to issue a press release however we have not seen our PR manager since negotiation of a contra deal with daily planet. Therefore we will leave our statements to be made by on track performace.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 01:56 (Ref:1228933)   #31
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
jason7250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JGS Motorsport
We are very happy to announce in a last minute deal Paul Dumbrell will join the team in a third VZ commodore.
14 Paul Dumbrell
15 Andrew Jones
16 Garth Tander
Sponsors Boags Brewery Penrite and Toyo Tyres
Manafactuer Holden
Old 18 Feb 2005, 02:12 (Ref:1228937)   #32
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE

433 MOTORSPORT REVEAL STUNNING WAR PAINT

While having a great looking car won't win races on its own, it will certainly help to attract attention. 433 Motorsport are entering their first year in the V8 Supercar series and look to do so with a bang.

With top class drivers Greg Murphy and Paul Morris ready to go, all they need were their cars. Built by HRT, and then tuned and prepared in-house, and powered by HRT-supplied HMS engines, they are sure to set the track on fire.

The team principle sponsor 433:design has worked to come up with what will be one of, if not, the best liveries in this years field. In striking green, white and black, they will definitely stand out.

Team Manager Dean Robinson is also pleased to annouced that since the team initial launch Fusion Car Audio have come on board, lured by a team who will be racing in its corportate colours. Fusion have also been a personal sponsor of Murphy for several years.

So without keeping you waiting any longer I present you with 433 Motorsport's 2005 Commodores.....

Old 18 Feb 2005, 03:31 (Ref:1228968)   #33
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW

PRESS RELEASE

433 MOTORSPORT DRIVERS SHOW THEIR STUFF

Lead driver Greg Murphy and team mate Paul Morris have revealed their racing suits for the upcoming season. In a stunning grean the same as their race cars, they sure will be easy to stop at each race, whether they are one the track or not.

Murphy believes while he was still happy with his former team, he needed a change and thought 433 Motorsport could provide him with the best overall package. It goes without saying that Murphy will be chasing the title with great intent and has no thoughts of letting it get away again.

Morris, who has been running his own team for a number of years (and will continue to this year), brings a lot of experience to the team. It is likely he will runnig in the top ten for the majority of the year and will make a most suitable co-driver for the endurance rounds at Sandown and Bathurst.

Old 18 Feb 2005, 06:53 (Ref:1229039)   #34
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
guys I Love The Artwork But Can We Please Keep Them To A Reasonable Size We Do Have Alot Of Members Still On Dial Up And It Can Take A Heck Of A Long Time To Download Pics Of That Size.

But By All Means Keep Them Coming They Are Superb , In Fact I Dont Think I Will Bother With A Livery This Year
Old 18 Feb 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1229133)   #35
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
sorry, I would change it back to a link but cant edit the post
Old 18 Feb 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1229134)   #36
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great work hrt 433
Old 18 Feb 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1229158)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
P.I.S.S Racing (Politics In Motorsport Sucks),would like to announce the formation of their new to v8supercar team
Driving BA falcons purchased from WPS who had peurchased them from the now defunct 00 motorsport
P.I.S.S Racing (or P.I.S.S.R) will be driven by Steven Johnson, Paul Morris and Paul Dumbrell

P.I.S.S.R will be sponsored by Caroma, Huggies Nappies, Fleur, Poise Incontinence pads and Reece Plumbing

team owner Thomas Crapper

Last edited by peckstar; 18 Feb 2005 at 10:21.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1229179)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TEAM RIVA IS GO!

Hip, cool and stylish international coffee brand Riva Coffee today began a new chapter of product promotion, with the unveling of a two car V8 Supercar championship series team in conjunction with GTRMagic Motorsport, the team to be known as Team Riva.

Riva Coffee Marketing Director Mr. I.Love Coffee, said that GTRMagic Motorsport gave the company an exceptional opportunity to showcase their brand to a new demographic, and involving two of the highest profile drivers in the sport.

"We are proud to announce that we have signed reigning two-time V8Supercar championship series winner Marcos Ambrose, along side 4 time Australian Super Touring Champion Paul Morris to drive for Team Riva for a number of years into the future" said Mr Coffee.

Mr Coffee said that Riva Coffee was a new brand to motorsport, but like the passion the company had for its products, it saw a number of common threads in the GTRMagic Motorsport operation.

"GTRMagic Motorsport has been operating for plenty of years now, the owner, GTRMagic, is absolutely as passionate about his team, his people, his drivers, his equipment, as we are about our great tasting Riva Coffee. It's that kind of passion we wanted to tap into, to leverage off each other for mutual benefit"

Riva Coffee Brand Manager Ms Yummy Drink explained that Riva Coffee is looking to expand on its support of Team Riva in V8Supercar, and dovetail the motorsport sponsorship with its already popular and well recalled television advertising campaign.

"You are likely to see Marcos and Paul in a variety of television advertisements in an extension of the motorsport sponsorship into the mainstream advertising arena. The current advertisements for Riva Coffee are on high rotation, so you will see the Team Riva Ford Falcon on the television at all hours of the day or night. We think there will be an added benefit of educating the consumer about our great tasting Riva Coffee, but also the opportunity to bring new and casual fans into motorsport"

Tony Cochrane, Chairman of AVESCO, praised the involvement of this iconic brand in supporting GTRMagic Motorsport.

“The involvement of Riva Coffee is a welcome addition to our V8Supercar family. It was part of AVESCO's vision to attract support from non-motor industry sponsors, and the huge Riva Coffee company is just what the series, and GTRMagic have been looking for” Mr Cochrane said.

Name: TEAM RIVA
Sponsor: Riva Coffee - 100% pure Brazilian coffee
Drivers:
#1 MARCOS AMBROSE
#4 PAUL MORRIS
Team: GTRMagic Motorsport
Team Principal: GTRMagic

Discover the real coffee taste of Riva today. Look for the distinctive orange pack in your supermarket aisle.

Viva Riva!

(With many, many thanks to a certain Supercar team (who shall remain nameless) who drew this car in the first place This picture proudly adorns the walls of a number of offices in our building)

Last edited by GTRMagic; 24 Feb 2005 at 10:30. Reason: Original link for picture dropped out... so I replaced it
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Feb 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1229201)   #39
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Crash Boost Racing
Sponsor(s): HOLDEN, Boost Juice and Panel Beaters
Drivers:
23 Paul Dumbrell
24 Paul Weel
25 Andrew Jones
26 Cameron McConville

Team Owner comment: As long as they don't take each other out, they all have a drive for the year
Old 18 Feb 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1229209)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
might need to get your calculator out lowndesfan
Old 18 Feb 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1229219)   #41
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope i'm under this time

Name: Crash Boost Racing
Sponsor(s): HOLDEN, Boost Juice and Panel Beaters
Drivers:
23 Paul Dumbrell
24 Paul Weel
25 Andrew Jones

Team Owner comment: As long as they don't take each other out, they all have a drive for the year
Old 18 Feb 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1229318)   #42
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Bra's N Things Racing
Sponsors: Bra's N Things, Ford, Dunlop, NGK Spark Plugs, Ansell.
Drivers:
1. Marcos Ambrose
20. Mark Winterbottom
Manafacturer: FORD
Team: Ford Boy Motorsport
Team Owner: Ford Boy

Press Release will be released soon.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1229346)   #43
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Name: OzEsnail K-Tart Opticrap Racing
Sponsors: OzEmail, Shell, K-Mart
Drivers:
#12 Craig Lowndes
#21 Glen Seton
#33 Andrew Jones

Press release to follow - still waiting for sponsor payment to pay the PR team...
Test Track: Pacific Motorway

Last edited by Nicholosophy; 18 Feb 2005 at 14:02.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1229738)   #44
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! 33 entries in two days!
We only got 60-odd for the whole of last year!

Most popular driver is currently Steve Owen, with 7 rides, followed by Craig Lowndes and Paul Dumbrell, with 6 each.

Financially, I can see dandman and NickoGP have some rearranging to do squeeze under the salary cap.

Also, with posting images of liveries and stuff, what marcus said is absolutely right. I'm on dial-up and I probably look at this thread more than most so it can be a bit of a pain.
The old image posting standards around here were nothing over 400x400 pixels, but I personally don't have a problem with anything that doesn't distort the forum formatting (ie about 500-600 wide) and is about the same height, so long as you don't overdo it. Is there an official word on this from the mods?
But anyway, the artwork so far has been outstanding. Keep it up and I might have to award a special for the best!
Old 18 Feb 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1229763)   #45
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GAZMOTORSPORTZ PICKS UP THE PIECES OF TEAM BLUE

Following a disappointing 2004, team owner GAZ170 has been left in the position of having no drivers and no sponsors at the end of the year. Nethertheless, negotations during the off season have been promising, with both Glenn Seton & Russell Ingall agreeing to terms to drive for the team.
Cars at this stage will be plain white Ford BA Falcons, athough Russell's car seems to been covered in personal sponsor stickers at the moment.

NAME : GAZMOTORSPORTZ
DRIVERS : RUSSELL INGALL & GLENN SETON
SPONSORS : WE'RE STILL LOOKING!
CARS: BA FORD FALCONS.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1229788)   #46
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I love the drivers' suits 433... an awesome effort.. I might have to give it a crack myself

Last edited by Mitchell; 18 Feb 2005 at 22:32. Reason: The Smiley didnt work
Old 18 Feb 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1229798)   #47
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Headless Chooks Racing
Sponsors: Barry's Tender Meats
Drivers: #51 GREG MURPHY
#52 CAMERON MCCONVILLE
Manafacturer: HOLDEN

Our team wishes to thank everyone involved in this competition in allowing a new inexperienced team to take part in one of the world's premier motor racing categories. Good luck to everyone for the season

Steven
Team Manager
Old 18 Feb 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1229810)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrodemus
Also, with posting images of liveries and stuff, what marcus said is absolutely right. I'm on dial-up and I probably look at this thread more than most so it can be a bit of a pain.

The old image posting standards around here were nothing over 400x400 pixels, but I personally don't have a problem with anything that doesn't distort the forum formatting (ie about 500-600 wide) and is about the same height, so long as you don't overdo it. Is there an official word on this from the mods?

But anyway, the artwork so far has been outstanding. Keep it up and I might have to award a special for the best!
I am on dialup, and have no problems waiting for the pics to come up... they dont take that long in any case.

The forum title is now adjusted to warn of the large images.

If the image is too big, as in it distorts the width of the page, the Mod Team may have to change it to a URL link instead of an IMG...

The creativity of the pics is very good... I didnt draw mine, so am not complimenting myself...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Feb 2005, 01:34 (Ref:1229864)   #49
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to announce the formation of a new V8 Supercar Team.

Team Ansell is joining the V8 Supercar series, and will hopefully be burning some rubber.

The drivers will be:

#69 Steven Richards
and
#70 Steven Ellery

and they will be running the latest spec Holden Commodores that will be prepared by the Ferrari Formula 1 Team in Italy between each round.

Team Sponsors: Ansell, Ferrari, Shell, Vodafone,
The Livery: Will be predominatelly Red, with some white and yellow.

Team Gear. Instead of the traditional team baseball caps, team members will wear baseball caps that have a little point at the top, and resemble condoms. The condom hats will add further publicity to Ansell.

It is also expected that Steven Ellery will feature in a TV commercial about a new range of condoms for taller men.

Forza Team Ansell !

Last edited by Raglanparade; 19 Feb 2005 at 01:35.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 02:14 (Ref:1229876)   #50
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BP Racing Merchandise

BP Racing Pit Replica