Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2791897)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton Development on BBC TV News

Excellent piece on the BBC TV News today about the re development of Snetterton can be found via the following links;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-11766694

and via the BBC Sport website;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/9195673.stm

Terry
Old 17 Nov 2010, 08:38 (Ref:2791991)   #2
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry,
From all accounts this upgrade will be very good. The 'Autosport Three Hours' is planned to run on the 'new '300' circuit which, after Silverstone, will be the UK's second longest circuit. We've had some great grids in recent years and hope even more drivers make the trip this year to check out the new track.
See you in June!
Chris
Old 17 Nov 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2791994)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like it may well suit my Chevies, hope I get the opportunity to try it!
Old 17 Nov 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2791998)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sharples View Post
Terry,
From all accounts this upgrade will be very good. The 'Autosport Three Hours' is planned to run on the 'new '300' circuit which, after Silverstone, will be the UK's second longest circuit. We've had some great grids in recent years and hope even more drivers make the trip this year to check out the new track.
See you in June!
Chris
Have you got a date for that Chris?
Old 17 Nov 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2792000)   #5
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about the coram and russell revision, I think it will lead to less overtaking into the long pit straight. Also the hairpin which replaces sears does look very slow.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2792033)   #6
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,
Our plan is to release the HSCC dates at our Awards Dinner on Saturday (the evening you are washing your hair). I'll send them to you early next week.
Chris
Old 17 Nov 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2792044)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Peter,
Our plan is to release the HSCC dates at our Awards Dinner on Saturday (the evening you are washing your hair). I'll send them to you early next week.
Chris
Brilliant. I'll plug the dates into the calendar too.

I should have added "... in Doha".

Will pm my e mail address.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2792118)   #8
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the revisions to the existing circuit i.e. the 200 I have reservations. Coram will be a very long grind and I suspect will render cars quite unbalanced for the new Russell., though I don't agree that it will produce less overtaking up the pit straight.The new Sear is simply mickey mouse and quite unnecessary.
The new '300' section looks quite interesting but I suspect won't be used when the historic 500s visit
Old 17 Nov 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2792159)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
looks interesting, a bit of up and down would be a bonus!
Old 17 Nov 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2792161)   #10
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a tough call in Norfolk
Old 17 Nov 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2792173)   #11
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Its interesting the response to this work is varied accross different circles. It will still have the longest straight in the country I believe, but, as pointed out, with the turn at Sear now very sharp, will it be as fast?...maybe not. Is it a case of doing it for doing its sake?.I mean, it doesnt really extend it does it, just makes use of the infield more? ....well..I dont think so, I think it opens up more challenges particulary for the driver, but, more over, the circuit will then be a Grade 2 and capable of running everything excluding current F1 I think and so I think it will be great for the East of England circuit, great for the Marshals who are very loyal to it and it certainly give it more options IMHO to Mr Palmer and team at MSV. And, if not to peoples liking, they can always still use the 200 which is close to how it is now (and cheaper)

We hope to use the new 300 for the 360 in April, think a relatively new event witha new circuit should be quite good and the new circuit will hopefully go down well with the six hour faithful
Old 17 Nov 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2792174)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Flat? It was an airfield after all

Biggest hills up my neck of the woods are Sheringham and Cromer area- just before you fall off edge. Could have another Anglesey

Last edited by Mike Bell; 17 Nov 2010 at 17:17. Reason: added
Old 17 Nov 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2792312)   #13
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Terry,
See you in June!
Chris
Thanks Chris - really looking forward to the Autosport Three Hours, as always, the new circuit should add a great deal to the challenge of the event and interest for the support races and as you mentioned I am sure many will want to come and experience the new circuit.

Note to self; Must check my existing provisional booking for our now traditional helping of weekend long Sun and Heat once the date for the 3hr meeting is confirmed!! Looking forward to seeing the HSCC team and yourself there once more in June.

Terry
Old 17 Nov 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2792321)   #14
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
looks interesting, a bit of up and down would be a bonus!
There's certainly quite enough of "up" from Russell to Riches but it's perhaps only noticable when pushing a stalled car from the back of the grid to the ambulance gate behind the scruitineering bay before the cars come round again!!!

Flat in these circumstances would be fantastic!!

Terry
Old 19 Nov 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2793029)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If on schedule the completion of the '300' should be in January. I think that this is an exciting development for Snet. My only plea is that it is not surrounded by loads of high fences a la Brands Indy and Silverstone which really detract from the spectator experience.