Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:19 (Ref:910392)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
phdm,

The site is still showing 2003. They don't generally change it until around June time.

Great pic.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 10:16 (Ref:910511)   #27
phdm
Racer

Belgium
Liège
phdm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct but it does nevertheless gives a general idea of the programme of the meeting
Old 19 Mar 2004, 10:23 (Ref:910520)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep.

Are you going this year?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:00 (Ref:910690)   #29
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks phdm, good site! The team are convinced, so it looks like this is definitely in the calendar for 2004
Old 19 Mar 2004, 14:36 (Ref:910806)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its on my list too. So Let's hope we meet up.

Accommodation can be limited so I suggest you find somewhere early.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:40 (Ref:913688)   #31
phdm
Racer

Belgium
Liège
phdm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drop an email to Vincent Collard on contact@motorclassic.com and ask him to send you the list of hotels in the Spa area. You might have to wait some time to get a reply as they are now pretty busy with the preparation of the Liege Rome Liege rally.

Last edited by phdm; 21 Mar 2004 at 09:41.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 12:40 (Ref:913900)   #32
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the tip - we're going to try to book the hotel we used to mob in the late 80s, but if that's full I'll definitely get in touch with Vincent.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 18:13 (Ref:914139)   #33
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I stayed at hotel Alfa 156 last year and it was great
Old 30 Apr 2004, 03:35 (Ref:956343)   #34
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I have just registered for this site and have found this during a look through the posts. I have raced in the 6 hour race for the last few years and reckon it is one of the best meetings of the year for historic cars. Now the Eiffell Klassik has become over popular, possibly the best! The change to a night race was inspired. The atmosphere as you charge down the pit straight towards Eau Rouge with all the pits lit up is something I will not forget. A quick coffee and a waffle at the Whoopi Snacks stand whilst waiting for your next 'stint', fantastic. Not so fantastic? Realising 5 minutes has gone by and your team mate has not been past since the last lap with only half an hour left.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 06:52 (Ref:956440)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome to the forum slippy Diff. Are you in any of Paul's shots from last year?
Old 2 May 2004, 20:47 (Ref:958818)   #36
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Hi Peter,
Unfortunately I or my team mates don't seem to be in any of the photos. I have very few from during the night races myself although I do have plenty from when it was held during the day.
Won't be there this year as I am now living in New Zealand. Fantastic memories though
Old 3 May 2004, 07:32 (Ref:959063)   #37
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what would I be looking for exactly...I'll have a browse through my archives
Old 3 May 2004, 20:40 (Ref:959737)   #38
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
A dark blue Austin Healey 3000 with a silver roof. Last year I co-drove a friends car for a change, a red Austin Healey 100/4. Would love to see any photos people have.
Old 6 May 2004, 09:04 (Ref:962309)   #39
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I'm afraid I can't find anything...I was using a camera that would only allow me 170 shots on a 1gb drive and I was having to contsantly review and delete stuff over the weekend..not so this year I have a new camera, 3gb of storage and the capacity for around 3,000 images
Looking back at the raw images although the ones I've used on the pages are alright they are largely pants
I did however find this one that I don't think has been shared before
Attached Thumbnails
pm_spas.jpg  
Old 6 May 2004, 09:49 (Ref:962336)   #40
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
nice Aston . . . .who's that bloke in a Capri ? He should be reported for having a headlight out
Old 6 May 2004, 09:54 (Ref:962342)   #41
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
its a ford - only 3 ever work!!
Old 6 May 2004, 10:22 (Ref:962358)   #42
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
yeah and it was about 8am in the morning whats that all about
ermmmmmm or was it afternoon...sheesh

Last edited by PaulSands; 6 May 2004 at 10:23.
Old 6 May 2004, 12:22 (Ref:962475)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Three headlights? Blimey that's a record!
Old 6 May 2004, 13:35 (Ref:962536)   #44
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Three headlights? Blimey that's a record!
ha ha . . .thats why your times where down, when you turned them off you gained 5 secs a lap . . . .
Old 6 May 2004, 13:57 (Ref:962561)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by zefarelly
ha ha . . .thats why your times where down, when you turned them off you gained 5 secs a lap . . . .
I'll add that to my book of driver's excuses!
Old 6 May 2004, 20:34 (Ref:962868)   #46
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
I'm afraid I can't find anything...I was using a camera that would only allow me 170 shots on a 1gb drive and I was having to contsantly review and delete stuff over the weekend..not so this year I have a new camera, 3gb of storage and the capacity for around 3,000 images
Looking back at the raw images although the ones I've used on the pages are alright they are largely pants
I did however find this one that I don't think has been shared before

Thanks for looking. Soem might turn up at some point if I keep asking, you never know.