Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3299224)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 6th October

Castle Combe will again be running its Autumn Classic where there will be races for Formula Junior, Historic Aston Martins, Jaguars, Austin Healeys, the FISCAR Historic Inter-Marque, VSCC Pre war sports cars and the new FISCAR FLIERS race for the small sports/sports racing cars of the 1950s.

Should be a good event with plenty of lovely cars at this popular circuit.

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...ingEventID=440
Old 5 Sep 2013, 06:03 (Ref:3299229)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See also:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=133074&page=4
Old 6 Sep 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3299944)   #3
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should be a cracking event with discounts for those doing more than one race and lots of parades/ razmataz etc. Probably gets the best crowds going and is becoming a must do event.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3302883)   #4
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
Nice review o f the Press day leading up to this years event.

http://www.dep-o.co.uk/news/2013-cas...s-preview-day/

All augurs well for next month. Lots of Goodwood cars hoping to come - engines allowing !!!
Old 12 Sep 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3302902)   #5
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks a great event, shame Bernies HVRA aren't there this year.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 12 Sep 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3302955)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lml698 View Post
Nice review o f the Press day leading up to this years event.

http://www.dep-o.co.uk/news/2013-cas...s-preview-day/

All augurs well for next month. Lots of Goodwood cars hoping to come - engines allowing !!!
Looking good. I already have my ticket and it should be a good meeting to finish the Combe season.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3303048)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've entered the E type. I really enjoyed the last meeting when I took the S type and see there area few more Jag Mk1's & 2's entered this year. A friendly, clubbie, small circuit atmosphere. Might reconsider and swop the entry for the S, it hasn't turned a wheel since this event last year.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3303238)   #8
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
Yes, Bernie's V8's had a date clash so he pulled out. However the F Juniors and small engine sports cars should be good.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3308659)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Our Inter-Marque race entry looking very good, with a few more to come, but the new FLIERS race could do with some more, albeit the quality is there.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:47 (Ref:3308733)   #10
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are entering another race aswell as the Fiscar race with the Atalanta, I think Andrew Sharp will enter in his DB2, EMU, in both races.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3308881)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Chris, yes, I guess they are also entering the historic Aston race.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3310644)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
We now have over 30 cars entered for our Inter-Marque race but, inevitably substantially less for our FLIERS!
Old 29 Sep 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3310650)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck with this hope it is successful.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3310655)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
We now have over 30 cars entered for our Inter-Marque race but, inevitably substantially less for our FLIERS!
Excellent work John.
Will you be visiting our fair county ?
Old 29 Sep 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3310688)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, John, I should be there unless my dog sitting arrangements fall apart! There will be one or two interesting newcomers to the Inter-Marque race, but you'll have to turn up to find out! I'll have to swallow hard on the FLIERS; they will be nice cars; just not enough of them, but you have to start somewhere!
Old 29 Sep 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3310700)   #16
Si Frowen
Rookie

England
East Winch, Norfolk
Si Frowen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with my Special Saloons Kitten on Saturday if anyone wants to say hello - can't hang around Sunday I'm afraid as I need to get back up north...
Old 2 Oct 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3311906)   #17
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Any entry lists yet.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3311915)   #18
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...rylist6oct.pdf
Old 2 Oct 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3311927)   #19
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Bit out of date as there already 2 extra entries on the AM race & one more in the Fiscar at least.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3311929)   #20
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
That's for the 2012 event.. no 2013 lists available (yet)..
Old 2 Oct 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3311960)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lml698 View Post
Yes, Bernie's V8's had a date clash so he pulled out. However the F Juniors and small engine sports cars should be good.
No date clash??? Last race was a month ago!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3312516)   #22
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yes, John, I should be there unless my dog sitting arrangements fall apart! There will be one or two interesting newcomers to the Inter-Marque race, but you'll have to turn up to find out! I'll have to swallow hard on the FLIERS; they will be nice cars; just not enough of them, but you have to start somewhere!
Hope to bump into you then.
Forecast is currently kind.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3312520)   #23
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two days to go and still no entry lists up for the final weekend of the season, what is going on............

Bladders..........
Old 3 Oct 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3312523)   #24
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
I know that Mark Campbell LML is trying to drum up the last few entries right up until the last moment.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3312525)   #25
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
Two days to go and still no entry lists up for the final weekend of the season, what is going on............

Bladders..........
I'm afraid things are not the same at CCRC now.