Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 7 Feb 2004, 23:49 (Ref:866717)   #1
Aussie Scott
Rookie

Aussie Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aussie wants to do bike track day...

I am going to the UK in June/July and want to ride some track days. Can anyone recommend which tracks are close to London and where I can hire a bike and gear?? Which is a good company to go through?
I ride a lot in Australia at Phillip Island and would love to ride in the UK. If you want to contact me directly please email nicoleandscott@bigpond.com

Cheers Scott
Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:47 (Ref:867396)   #2
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The closest track to london is Brands Hatch and if you get the opportunity to ride on the GP circuit grab, one of the truly great circuits.
Snetterton & Silverstone are about 2 hours away, but for my money Cadwell Park (4 hours) is truly mega, make sure the track is the full circuit, as it has a decent jump and will blow you away.
As for websites try www.trackdays.co.uk or www.uktrackdays.co.uk You can hire a bike - details on websites and helmet, but I would bring your own leathers if I were you or else buy some second hand ones when you get here.
Have fun
Old 9 Feb 2004, 07:50 (Ref:867832)   #3
Aussie Scott
Rookie

Aussie Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that. Do you recommend a particular company?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 16:40 (Ref:868405)   #4
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never hired a bike so could not say. If you are intent on doing a good few track days and am here for the summer then perhaps you should think about buying a cheap bike. I suspect it will work out cheaper if you plan to do a good few days and plus you can sell it at the end. There are tons of old fireblades, cbr600's etc at very cheap prices. Look in Motor Cycle news when you get here.
By the way I forgot to mention Donnington Park, maybe 3 - 4 hours from London but a mega circuit, you will have seen it as the Bike GP is run there. Truly fast and the downhill Craner curves (flat in top in a FF1600) take some beating. Mallory park has a very good bike school and lots of bike track days.
Have fun