Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3987385)   #451
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The mistakes are part of his poor performances. It's a combination of things why he's not exactly high on team's shortlist for 2021
I would rephrase that and say his poor performances are due to his mistakes and that it's a combination of things, like the car's competitiveness, team dynamics and the pressure to win another championship, are the basis for those mistakes.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3987395)   #452
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I would rephrase that and say his poor performances are due to his mistakes and that it's a combination of things, like the car's competitiveness, team dynamics and the pressure to win another championship, are the basis for those mistakes.
If you look back at the footage of Vettel's overtake, I think that Leclerc was slow into the corner, and Perez was driving directly behind Leclerc when Vettel saw his chance. The problem came when Perez changed his line in the corner and pulled out next to Leclerc, which he was fully entitled to do, at which stage Vettel could either hit him or avoid him and spin.
If both Perez and Leclerc had stayed on Leclerc's line in the corner, Vettel would have overaken both cars and looked like a hero.

Just did not work out!
Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3987398)   #453
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If you look back at the footage of Vettel's overtake, I think that Leclerc was slow into the corner, and Perez was driving directly behind Leclerc when Vettel saw his chance. The problem came when Perez changed his line in the corner and pulled out next to Leclerc, which he was fully entitled to do, at which stage Vettel could either hit him or avoid him and spin.
If both Perez and Leclerc had stayed on Leclerc's line in the corner, Vettel would have overaken both cars and looked like a hero.

Just did not work out!
That may be the case in this instance but I mean in general. For example Singapore, when he collided with Kimi. France and Germany in 2018.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3987399)   #454
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That may be the case in this instance but I mean in general. For example Singapore, when he collided with Kimi. France and Germany in 2018.
No criticism intended BJ, I think your post above about car performance and pressure above is right on the money.

This particular incident though, I do feel has been misconstrued by many who are just to keen to get the knife into Vettel's back.

Last edited by wnut; 11 Jul 2020 at 13:58.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3987404)   #455
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was still a move you’d expect from a rookie, not a four time champion. The criticism has been justified, because these mistakes are happening far too often
Old 11 Jul 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3987408)   #456
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
No criticism intended BJ, I think your post above about car performance and pressure above is right on the money.

This particular incident though, I do feel has been misconstrued by many who are just to keen to get the knife into Vettel's back.
I didn't take it as criticism, so that's fine.

Maybe some are keen to stick the knife into Vettel's back but I tend to agree with S. Griffin, that these mistakes are happening far too often.