Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2019, 05:53 (Ref:3916447)   #26
EvelynSmithee
Rookie

EvelynSmithee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it's always the case. Depends on the general perception of the driver too. Leclerc was visibly upset after the last race (which was completely understandable) and no one complained about him leaving the podium for champagne etc. However, if that was a driver that's more negatively perceived by the fans maybe they would react differently?
Old 11 Jul 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3916987)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to our friendly forum EvelynSmithee.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3916996)   #28
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynSmithee View Post
I don't think it's always the case. Depends on the general perception of the driver too. Leclerc was visibly upset after the last race (which was completely understandable) and no one complained about him leaving the podium for champagne etc. However, if that was a driver that's more negatively perceived by the fans maybe they would react differently?
I don't think it's true to say no-one complained. I expect there were quite a few on more active F1 forums.

More and more people these days seem to take everything that is posted on-line as 100% factual and something that the poster believes in totally. A great deal of the time (especially on forums with a strong British contingent) it's all about the windup and fans of a certain driver rise to the bait every single time.

Not something that I do personally but it always staggers me the amount of people that just seem incapable of telling sarcasm and windups from reality.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3917943)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I chopped the header short because I couldn't think of a shorter way to put it.

We have a new trend in F1 fandom, if someone within the teams dares to even open his or her mouth and express dissatisfaction of something they are automatically accused of whining by the fandom of the sport. Is it fair to say the fans are whining also? I must admit if anything turns me off F1 it will be the childish attitude of the fans and their attitude surrounding this.
Old days. Media was agricultural. Controversies took awhile to process. Your social circle was in your physical proximity.

These days: social media, large networks, fertile ground for hysteria - everyone loses their mind.

It's probably that.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3917944)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And to add to that, sometimes what is said is heat of the moment. We’ve all been there