Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 May 2003, 16:26 (Ref:615948)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Goodwood FoS LIVE on TV?

Apologies that this is pure hear'say at present, but MotorsTV planning a 4 (or maybe even 5) set of live events one weekend in July. Looking at the schedules for July, the weekend of 12th/13th July does look promising - with BTCC, AMA Superbikes and NASCAR Busch on the cards; all of which have been live before - and of course it's Goodwood weekend! Given that Motors and Granada (who produce the TV for Goodwood) are now working together with TOCA tour and more - all signs point to getting Goodwood live on the TV!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 08:57 (Ref:616500)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would be superb as long as they advertise in advance and stick to the times they have advertised!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 09:43 (Ref:616534)   #3
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be good. It's always good to see the Goodwood Revival on telly though, being greedy, I always want more!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 09:48 (Ref:616541)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood has been live before,not sure if it was the festival or the revival meeting.I did not see it as it was only on the southern regions of ITV.Now we can get all regions via satellite that would not be a problem.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 09:55 (Ref:616556)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
I did not see it as it was only on the southern regions of ITV.Now we can get all regions via satellite that would not be a problem.
How can you see the other ITV regions via Sky then? I know you can watch various BBC news programmes but I didnt know this was possible.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 10:03 (Ref:616566)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by John Turner
That would be superb as long as they advertise in advance and stick to the times they have advertised!
There wouldn't be a problem with that, MotorsTV are very flexible with strategy, as they only concentrate on motorsport and don't have to finish early or start late for the tennis, unlike one other pan-European broadcaster...
Would be more difficult on the Sunday with the TOCA races at Croft that they have to bring live, but, they could bring a near-full day of action on the Saturday. There's still no official word on anything though - so don't get too excited yet!

Quote:
]Originally posted by ghinzani
How can you see the other ITV regions via Sky then?
I think what Rob means is that everyone can see, regardless of ITV region, right?
Old 1 Jun 2003, 13:23 (Ref:616654)   #7
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What he means is that you can set up your Digibox to receive any or all ITV regions, even if you don't live in them. Go to Services with your Sky remote, then press 4 for System Setup and 4 again for Add Channels. Frequencies can be found here:

http://members.aol.com/craigsteele20...mtbrand=AOL_US

Note that you not only need to change the frequency from the default but also check the polarity, Signal Rate and FEC. Once set up and stored, these channels can be accessed from the "Other Channels" option in Services, but will not appear on your EPG line-up.

Bob Marley
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:627518)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that info Vitesse, my work internets not letting me see that page but Ive got a listing of the channels - whats EPG btw?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 22:25 (Ref:627641)   #9
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EPG = Electronic Programme Guide. What you get when you press "TV Guide" on your remote control.

Bob Marley
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:01 (Ref:628563)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Ok work with me here - the info I get on that page is thus:
10832 H SR 22.0 / FEC 5/6

ITV 1 Carlton TV (EPG 103) ITV 1 HTV Wales (EPG 103)
ITV 1 Westcountry (EPG 103) ITV 1 Carlton Central TV West (EPG 103)
ITV 1 HTV West (EPG 103)

Now Id like to get ITV Westcountry (dont ask why..) so when I go into add channels I get the following boxes to complete:
frequency
ploarisation
symbol rate
FEC

how does that info translate into those boxes? I know Im probably being really dumb here...

Will I then have Westcountry instead of Meridian or will it default to Meridian becasue of my postcode?

Thanks
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:15 (Ref:628685)   #11
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you enter the frequency details you should get a list of the channels on that freq. Just click on the ones you want,and they will be added to your 'other channels'.This will not affect your EPG.Unfortunately this only seems to work for ITV.If you try it with the Irish channels it is blocked.Us English are not allowed to see Irish TV.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:17 (Ref:628689)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

just tried that (10832 H SR 22.0 / FEC 5/6 ) in the boxes
and it said no signal so that doesnt look too good.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:29 (Ref:628702)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

but I managed to add some on the other frequencies, must just be the one with the ITV I cant get. Thanks for the info anyway.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 22:05 (Ref:628977)   #14
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
just tried that (10832 H SR 22.0 / FEC 5/6 ) in the boxes
and it said no signal so that doesnt look too good.
You must be doing something wrong then! I just went into that frequency and found the five ITV channels you mentioned, plus four carrier or scrambled channels numbered 1-6, 1-7, 1-8 and 1-9 and another ITV feed called G49.

Are you sure you had all the settings correct? Polarity, SR and FEC have to be changed with the left/right arrow keys.

Rob: the Irish channels are soft scrambled unfortunately. FWIW you can't get BBC in Ireland either! ITV are in clear though.

Bob Marley
Old 30 Jun 2003, 08:40 (Ref:646894)   #15
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Confirmed Coverage!

I can now confirm that there will be over 6 hours of coverage on Motors TV!

I don't know if my times are on BST or CET, but there's two hours of action late Saturday afternoon (before LIVE NASCAR!); and on Sunday 2 hours before the BTCC and other TOCA tour races at Croft, then after all the action there, 2 and a half hours of the Sunday action before live AMA Superbikes. So, I'll set the video up and get ready for action