Old 15 Aug 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2269816)   #1
LM43 grid
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
LM43 grid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help with Sports car magazine articles

Evening all.

This is all very new to me but I’m after some assistance with my hobby so if any body can help I will be most appreciative.

I’m not in the motorsport industry just a good old armchair enthusiast with the love of motorsport deep in the veins!

I have an extensive Le Mans 1/43 scale collection that I wish to add interest and value too by way of articles covering such topics as technical detail, race history, design, manufacture to the various sports cars that entered the great race.

I am always on the look out for magazine articles covering the development of sports cars. Good sources of info are oberviously found in the more common monthly magazines but of late I have been looking at Racecar Engineering. A prime example being the Charouz Lola as raced at this year’s event in RCE Vol 18 No.7.

What I’m after is any body who is aware of similar reading material that is not dull and just a list of results but something that has real impact and is factually interesting even to those who are not necessarily motor sport fans.

So if any of you out there have finished with old copies of magazines containing good informative writing or can lead me to pick up back issues I look forward to receiving your help.

Many thanks
Old 17 Aug 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2270497)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You might want to try Racetech magazine

They have a website and the mag is available from the really big newsagents.

Think the last issue had some really great stuff in it from Le Mans.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2273938)   #3
LM43 grid
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
LM43 grid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunder
Many thanks for the help. Have been on their back issue web page, which was v helpful. Certainly the "Car Notes" or Car Profile" articles seem to be what I'm looking for. I now need to track down some of those back issue.......found some on ebay of all places!!
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2284133)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LM43 RCE - profiles all current ACO rules sportscars either in the magazine - or online http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...sportscar.html

This month we profile the Dome S102, we also have an LMP1 as our project car.