Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2675646)   #1
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who has the best team-mate combo?

Title says it all really, which driving pairing is doing the best because of each other and which ones have become much more relaxed with each other? I'm interested as to what Lotus are like, Heikki is constantly smiling and Trulli has a permanent sadface on!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2675662)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best has to be McLaren. All smiles there.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2675669)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
You wouldn't want to be Stefano Domenicali right now, that's for sure!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2675708)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In terms of driving and atmosphere, it seems to be McLaren.

Each complements the others skills (experience and canniness vs. raw speed, balls to the wall) and they seem to like each other.

Oh and they drive for McLaren which is just great for me.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2675711)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Both McLaren drivers are superb in their own different ways and they seem to genuinely get on.

So yeah, McLaren.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2675725)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
McLaren quite easily i'd say.

Ferrari will turn sour quickly (if it hasn't already), Mercedes must be a little on the tense side given the circumstance, and I'd say Vettel really has the edge over Webber (who I think will retire at the end of the season) in every way.

Selby
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2675749)   #7
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The one with two world champions who seem to be getting along with each other so well.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2675750)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think Button could get on with anybody to be honest. He just seems a really relaxed, friendly guy.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2675763)   #9
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's got to be McLaren. At least at the moment.
And it's really nice to see both JB and LH making a real team effort and getting on so well. Makes welcome a change from the common in-team fighting and sour relationships.
It looks like a natural partnership; 2 different but complimentary styles.

HRT's Senna and Chandok seem to get along just fine too.
P
Old 19 Apr 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2675789)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Button and Hamilton for sure. They compliment each other beautifully and generally get on really well. The perfect driver combo.

Ferrari's combo will go sour soon I reckon. Alonso and Massa are both very competitive. In terms of driver harmony Ferrari were better of retaining Raikkonen and replacing Massa with Alonso.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2675791)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's like Senna and Prost, but nicer!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2675796)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post

Ferrari's combo will go sour soon I reckon.
If it hasn't already done so.

Alonso showed Massa no mercy on the entrance to the pits.

You should go take a look at some of the Ferrari sites to get a real insight into: 'When threads go bad!'
Old 19 Apr 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2675798)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Ferrari's combo will go sour soon I reckon. Alonso and Massa are both very competitive. In terms of driver harmony Ferrari were better of retaining Raikkonen and replacing Massa with Alonso.
I saw a funny comment from Massa a couple of weeks ago. He was asked how he got on with Alonso and said something like. "We get on fine. At least he talks. Kimi never says anything."

I love Kimi!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2675819)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren has the best combo.

And yes, Ferrari already having problems with their pair... wait for more.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2675855)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think Button could get on with anybody to be honest. He just seems a really relaxed, friendly guy.
Even more so since he won the title. I went to an Awards Dinner over the winter where he was due to collect one more to add to the collection. He couldn't be there, but did a videotape acceptance speech and everyone who saw it agreed it was the best of its type they had ever seen. Even better, he arranged for his Dad to be there to collect the award on his behalf and that went down a storm.

Getting back to the topic, McLaren beyond doubt. I'm very impressed by the way Lewis is able to handle being beaten by Jenson.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2675862)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Getting back to the topic, McLaren beyond doubt. I'm very impressed by the way Lewis is able to handle being beaten by Jenson.
That only proves that the problem was on the other side, the spaniard side... Teflonso.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2675883)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Best has to be McLaren. All smiles there.
Publicly maybe, but you can't tell me that Lewis is happy with the current situation
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2675889)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Publicly maybe, but you can't tell me that Lewis is happy with the current situation
For me there is no conflict

Hamilton can be both happy with the team environment and unhappy with the results so far. Still, I think he should be happy with his overall pace and I think he can be optimistic about the rest of the season.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2675893)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
He's got to be careful though, otherwise 'Teflonso' will point the finger and say (in his own way): 'There! I told you it was him!'

Maybe Lewis is more interested in making Alonso look like the bad guy, rather than being genuinely friendly with Jenson? Not that he didn't get on too well with Heikki, but not really the same thing is it.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2675896)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Maybe Lewis is more interested in making Alonso look like the bad guy, rather than being genuinely friendly with Jenson?
I think you're reading too much into it.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2675902)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think you're reading too much into it.
Maybe I'm just reading too much.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2675905)   #22
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I love what Alonso's doing to Massa. I can live with the little Brazilian being humiliated every weekend.
Massa tried to put Alonso in his place last year after the Singapore case. Accusing Alonso of costing him the 08 championship!!! There's history going back to the 07 German GP when Alonso overtook him.

I hated the decisions Ferrari made with Barrichello during his time at the team. I hated Schumacher giving him race wins. I always liked Senna's display when gifting Berger the win in Japan. He hated it, slowing down before the line.
I always felt, that Schumacher should have won what he could. If he'd won all races in the season so be it, but don't try fooling the public with tied events or allowing a team-mate the win.
Lewis and Button are getting on at the moment, but I wonder if that will be the case if Button starts beating him when conditions are good for all and not subject to the right calls. Winning with "luck" on your side is easier to stomach than being beaten in equal machinery.
I'm not suggesting Button has been lucky, personally I think he had two brilliant races, but in Lewis's mind he can write it off as good fortune.

So, go Alonso go, your performances and Hamilton's are there to savour.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2675908)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't think he is putting on a show and that is something I have thought about him many times in the past.

However, I think you're right, because he has the consolation of knowing how many cars he has overtaken this year and the thought that once we get to having races where there are no unusual circumstances in play the balance of success within the team will swing back his way.

My only reservation about that would be that I still think his spectacular style is not particularly good at looking after tyres, no matter how entertaining it may be.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2675911)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Massa tried to put Alonso in his place last year after the Singapore case. Accusing Alonso of costing him the 08 championship!!!
I don't think he blamed Alonso as such, just Renault.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2675942)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I hated Schumacher giving him race wins. I always liked Senna's display when gifting Berger the win in Japan. He hated it, slowing down before the line.
Is it just me, or is this a contradictory statement?