Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3787583)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
WALTER HAYES TROPHY (HSCC)

The annual HSCC Formula Ford festival, with other races thrown in....
Old 30 Oct 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3859981)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gearing up for a sunny(not) weekend at Sillystone for the WHT, waterproofs and thermals packed! It such a grim place at the best of times and the spectator viewing is somewhat limited but the FF1600 entry is strong as usual and there is shelter to be found in the BRDC grandstand free even for the social outcasts such as me! After the good showing for the FFord Festival at Brands this event always makes for good racing and the pits and paddock are spectator friendly.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3860026)   #3
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this meeting as always - I've even taken the weekend off work to attend. I'll probably be somewhere on the Luffield terrace with a large flask of coffee.

The BBC weather forecast for Silverstone is now looking to be dry and not too cold for the wekend, but a bit breezy on Saturday https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2637827

Edited to add...

Latest Timetable: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...metable-V4.pdf

Latest entry list: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...ry-List-V1.pdf

Last edited by Alfaholic; 30 Oct 2018 at 20:32.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3860033)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Looking forward to this meeting as always - I've even taken the weekend off work to attend. I'll probably be somewhere on the Luffield terrace with a large flask of coffee.
I've managed the Sunday couple of times but for the first time I'm there both Sat/Sun having managed to find a cheap B&B to save a second 5 hour round trip from the South coast the pleasure of being retired!
The pits remind me of the FFord festival 30-40 years ago when the heats used to run over 3-4 days with so many entrants. Luffled/Woodcote is ok but I prefer going out to the marshall's post at Maggots/Becketts where they are braking to come back across the Wellington straight, it's a good braking/overtaking point as is the approach to Brooklands/Luffield observed from the BRDC stand.
Thanks for the links.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 07:48 (Ref:3860065)   #5
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
For reasons unconnected with motor sport, I was driving down to the area on Sunday afternoon - not now I aren't . An early start is required - Walter Hayes sounds like the perfect swansong to my season
Old 31 Oct 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3860129)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I shall be there in a marshalling capacity as normal, hoping nobody causes me to have to run around or push anything. Very much looking forward to my last outing of the year before a well-earned rest.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3860148)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I shall be there in a marshalling capacity as normal, hoping nobody causes me to have to run around or push anything.
I think that's wishful thinking, it's a fford knockout competition!
Old 31 Oct 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3860176)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm racing my F3 March in open wheel race. Looking forward to it.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3860179)   #9
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Weather forecast has improved substantially I am glad to say.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 21:33 (Ref:3860218)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I think that's wishful thinking, it's a fford knockout competition!
I usually just get one, generally in the final. Other than the year my one was a very pleasant dutch chappie who lost it on the green flag lap of a heat. Oddly enough at this meeting the mayhem seems to happen elsewhere.

I'm, probably going to regret saying that now.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3860287)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Always grateful to you guys turning out as you do in all weathers.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3860668)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just arrived . Lovely day ....,.So far 😀
Old 3 Nov 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3860707)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jst tried to see the results so far.

Live timing is working but the results PDF file for the Support races seems to be non-existent. The WH version is in place and complete to date.

If someone could ask the timing people whether the file is posted or pending the Closed Wheel qualifying update I would be grateful. If it's a bad link it might stay unobtainable all day.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3860736)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’ve had a great day out in my 793 March .Qualy P4 behind 2 Atlantic’s and another F3 car . Fantastic start up to second at Copse . Atlantic passed me down to Beckets then F2 car came past up to Luffield . He went straight on and I settled down chasing the Atlantic . Lap five and missfire . Pitted and the battery had gone K Put . Guess my fault as car not run for over a year . I really enjoyed driving the F 3 again . Been lovely day . Well that’s it for 2018 .
Old 3 Nov 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3860754)   #15
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta - what was the cause of the large amount of smoke being produced as you rounded Luffield towards the end of qualifying?
Old 3 Nov 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3860770)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Delta - what was the cause of the large amount of smoke being produced as you rounded Luffield towards the end of qualifying?
Cam cover oil seal . All sorted for the race .
Old 4 Nov 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3860956)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’ve had a great day out in my 793 March .Qualy P4 behind 2 Atlantic’s and another F3 car . Fantastic start up to second at Copse . Atlantic passed me down to Beckets then F2 car came past up to Luffield . He went straight on and I settled down chasing the Atlantic . Lap five and missfire . Pitted and the battery had gone K Put . Guess my fault as car not run for over a year . I really enjoyed driving the F 3 again . Been lovely day . Well that’s it for 2018 .
I thought you pulled out in the collecting area before the start of the race, I was in the BRDC stand(free admission for the weekend) waiting for the start of your race. I saw you pull out and thought for whatever reason you wouldn't be starting so I made my way to the other side of the track to watch the remaining FFord heats, missed all the action!
Great weekend for me, the sight of a mixed grid of 30+ FFords spanning 40 or more years is always a sight to behold. Some really cracking races with top drivers and it's great to see the likes of Rik Morris, Westie Mitchell, Jonathan Lewis and co still getting a thrill from their machinery on track. With a weekend ticket costing just £15 which covered the rallycross event as well, it sure brightens a dull November weekend.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3860975)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I thought you pulled out in the collecting area before the start of the race, I was in the BRDC stand(free admission for the weekend) waiting for the start of your race. I saw you pull out and thought for whatever reason you wouldn't be starting so I made my way to the other side of the track to watch the remaining FFord heats, missed all the action!
Great weekend for me, the sight of a mixed grid of 30+ FFords spanning 40 or more years is always a sight to behold. Some really cracking races with top drivers and it's great to see the likes of Rik Morris, Westie Mitchell, Jonathan Lewis and co still getting a thrill from their machinery on track. With a weekend ticket costing just £15 which covered the rallycross event as well, it sure brightens a dull November weekend.
Ah sorry about that. We had fitted a new radiator and I thought we had an air lock so went back to paddock and checked. Topped up coolant and got back just in time to start the race. Glad you enjoyed the racing. Although I had a short race I still very much enjoyed being back out in my trusty F3 car.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3861383)   #19
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmt3Jkax

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmmsa43j

First couple of galleries from a damp Sunday at Silverstone. Others to follow ...

EDIT - that's damp Sundays at Silverstone and galleries from the weekend !
Old 6 Nov 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3861399)   #20
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmt3Jkax

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmmsa43j

First couple of galleries from a damp Sunday at Silverstone. Others to follow ...

EDIT - that's damp Sundays at Silverstone and galleries from the weekend !
EDIT - Janet Cesar trophy now added

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmveCuvj
Old 7 Nov 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3861668)   #21
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
EDIT - Janet Cesar trophy now added

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmveCuvj
EDIT - All Formula Ford races on Sunday now available at -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums