Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Sep 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3850334)   #251
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes Silvia we noticed something odd.
Old 15 Sep 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3850336)   #252
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We lived in a hole in the middle of the road and ate gravel for breakfast !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Sep 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3850337)   #253
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
We lived in a hole in the middle of the road and ate gravel for breakfast !
You ad gravel fo brekfast, luxury
Old 15 Sep 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3850338)   #254
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Look you lot first time in ages I put up a sensible post and you’ve all gone daft .
Old 15 Sep 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3850346)   #255
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Look you lot first time in ages I put up a sensible post and you’ve all gone daft .
I have been daft for a long time, and at this moment I am sitting in a beach bar so I'm slowly getting dafter !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Sep 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3850369)   #256
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have been daft for a long time, and at this moment I am sitting in a beach bar so I'm slowly getting dafter !!!!
Hehehe, I am currently up the coast a bit from you Gordon, but still warm, and just returned home from watching Singapore F1 qualy in a beach bar, also a bit dafter now than I was a couple of hours ago.
Old 15 Sep 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3850399)   #257
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Serves you right for putting up a sensible post.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3851608)   #258
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
2019 dates just announced as 13-15 Sep, which this year was the weekend of the Spa Six Hours. So either one of them moves or some forum regulars here are going to have a choice to make!
Old 20 Sep 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3851614)   #259
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup I spotted that too.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3851616)   #260
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one thing still true to period at Goodwood is that it is dangerous. As in the fifties and sixties, standing on the bankings carries a small but real risk of serious or fatal accident.. Enthusiasts know that and think it small price for the enjoyment gained. I suggest the majority of the people who attend would, in this era of extreme risk aversion, be horrified to know that they and their families were not totally protected from harm by the organisers.

Goodwood has a already had many fearsome accidents including a car in the spectator tunnel and a driver thrown from the car at the start line. I still recall the horrible silence after Jack Brabhams crash. That no one has been seriously hurt is down to pure chance and good fortune. That will surely not always be the case and the worst will one day happen. No one will be able to say the accident was unforseeable and all hell and recrimination will take place affecting not only Gilded Goodwood but other tracks as well.

Lord March plays fast and loose with our sports future. Like it or not, modern society will not tolerate risk and danger and will want it stopped.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3851618)   #261
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
2019 dates just announced as 13-15 Sep, which this year was the weekend of the Spa Six Hours. So either one of them moves or some forum regulars here are going to have a choice to make!
Google says it is 7 hours each way....... might just be able to do both!
Old 20 Sep 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3851621)   #262
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed it, down side, air displays in the year the RAF celebrate their centennial were restricted to early morning. Am assuming safety issues.
Yes I do worry that when a huge accident does happen it could be the end, His Grace has got away with things other circuits cant, flag drop to start, a 3 2 3 grid and no catch fencing. Am not complaining we attend at our own risk but assume ambulance chasers will go to town one day
Old 20 Sep 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3851633)   #263
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Like it or not, modern society will not tolerate risk and danger and will want it stopped.

Give it ten years or so and the interest may have evaporated anyway.

By all accounts the younger generations are, overall, less inclined to want to drive and quite honestly as far as this country goes I can understand why.

The road infrastructure is truly dreadful and unlikely to be improved by "smart" motorways.

I think we will see a rush for autonomous electric vehicles on health and safety grounds - no matter what the cost of throwing away all of the current technology overnight - and the youngsters will love it until they start to understand what they may have lost.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3851663)   #264
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am of an age that might think 10 years would do quite nicely, thank you. If I can still hear a DFV at full chat by then I will consider myself blessed
Old 20 Sep 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3851671)   #265
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Maybe Goodwood are thinking post-Brexit few will bother with Spa as maybe too much aggro? (carnets etc)
Old 21 Sep 2018, 05:16 (Ref:3851714)   #266
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Maybe Goodwood are thinking post-Brexit few will bother with Spa as maybe too much aggro? (carnets etc)
If that's their thinking, I would suggest very misguided! For a start, there's only a minute proportion of the Spa 6hrs weekend competitors likely to be ever invited to Goodwood..... Might lose a few BTCC 'stars' and Lotus Cortinas from Spa (U2TC and Masters Touring Cars mostly), but perhaps that wouldn't be noticed by the rest! And FJ is big enough to have grids at both....

With the MM moving to April 6/7th, it would be amazing if there aren't clashes. We will see!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3851717)   #267
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I think it’s the 500 cars for Goodwood next year . If the races do clash then that will be a problem for me .
Old 21 Sep 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3851721)   #268
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've added it to the calendar. As to Spa, if it loses the "Superstars" it may be even more fun.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3851727)   #269
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Spa 6hr could come the week before Goodwood ... which could make it the week after Zandvoort ... would make a nice double-header! And we might get weather like this year again!

I'm working on the assumption that the EU will find someway of letting us in, so that we can spend our money with them....
Old 21 Sep 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3851757)   #270
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
I'm working on the assumption that the EU will find someway of letting us in, so that we can spend our money with them....

You expect to have money after Brexit?
Old 21 Sep 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3851809)   #271
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
You expect to have money after Brexit?
I'm now french ... we got bought last week by Axa!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3851824)   #272
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
ELMS calendar just announced has Spa on 21-22 Sep so Six Hours either goes a week earlier or will clash with Revival.

I assumed the overlap in competitors was quite large, but seems I was wrong.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3851828)   #273
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
I'm now french ... we got bought last week by Axa!
Well, seems you're a little bit German too because actual boss is if my understanding is good!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3851833)   #274
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
ELMS calendar just announced has Spa on 21-22 Sep so Six Hours either goes a week earlier or will clash with Revival.

I assumed the overlap in competitors was quite large, but seems I was wrong.
There will be a handful of preparers with customers with the right cars that get invited to Goody and who also do the 6hrs. It will be the top end of the 6hr grid that suffers if they decide to support the Revival, so maybe not even a bad thing..... My initial thoughts were that some support races at Spa would be little affected, but if there is a Pre War race at both, or HGPCA cars have a race at Goody (they usually have a grid at the 6hr) then they will have a problem. MRL Stirling Moss and Woodcote Trophy cars could also be in demand for both meetings, so likely could affect more than I initially thought!

One person unlikely to have a clash is me......
Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3851836)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've been informed the proper Spa 6hrs is final weekend of September.