Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2000, 23:18 (Ref:853)   #1
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the score as far as lunched engines goes.

Now so far Mr. Button has shown that perhaps some were a little hasty in saying he was not ready. He scored points in two out of five GP, and would have scored in two more if the engine hadn't decided enough was enough with only yards to go.

Initially I thought that perhaps it was just all part of the fun of developing a new engine, but now it seems that every engine failure has been his.
Is he overdriving the car? Is he just unlucky? Are Williams running a Ferrari-style team where anyone named Schumacher gets better equipment than anyone who has the wrong surname?
Old 9 May 2000, 12:46 (Ref:854)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funnily enough, it is the same thing that Zanardi faced last year even though JB's results have been better. Last year everything was laid at the feet of Zanardi and he was unilaterally named a failure by the press and a lot of the fans. Now that Button has struggled to finish a race and his teammate has been on the podium most regularly it is the fault of the car? Williams, I believe to do give both teammates the same equipment. As much money as it costs to race in F1 you would think that teams would maximize their potential instead of fostering what looks like preferential treatment in their own team.
Old 9 May 2000, 14:35 (Ref:855)   #3
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Could it be the difference between 'developmental tolerances' & 'proven tolerances' in the mechanical package? Of the two drivers who would you provide the 'proven tolerences' to? How can one overdrive the modern F1 motor unless the software is corrupted? Ralf just said that the FW22 is wonderful. "Go Ralfi boy..."
Old 10 May 2000, 08:23 (Ref:856)   #4
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi did not have equal equipment last year that Is obvious.
Old 10 May 2000, 08:30 (Ref:857)   #5
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams do seem to have a history of being completely unable to run 2 competitive cars, and I'm at a complete loss to reason why. Surely it's to their own advantage for both drivers to have an equal shot at scoring points?
Old 10 May 2000, 09:10 (Ref:858)   #6
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi most assuredly did not have equal equipment -- and Frank Williams has admitted as much.
Old 11 May 2000, 08:48 (Ref:859)   #7
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had expected Ralf to be thw Williams that failed to finish in Spain from the way he was driving his car throughout the race. Sadly I was wrong. Maybe somebody who races themselves can tell me if Jenson's driving style is responsible for his engine failures? If not then I think it is just bad luck.
Old 12 May 2000, 20:40 (Ref:860)   #8
Diff-Light
Rookie

Diff-Light should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testing is not only done during testing, but also during races. Williams don't have anything to loose. Unfortunately the No 2 driver will have to do the testing during a race.