Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Sep 2023, 12:27 (Ref:4175275)   #176
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Concerning the discussion about tyre stacks, the picture below was taken at the recent meeting at Croft and graphically shows what happens when the gravel goes right up to the curbing at a corner because drivers always try to cut them.

Credit for the photo to Malcolm Smith:

Name:  P1700885.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  48.8 KB
Old 5 Sep 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4175330)   #177
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Concerning the discussion about tyre stacks, the picture below was taken at the recent meeting at Croft and graphically shows what happens when the gravel goes right up to the curbing at a corner because drivers always try to cut them.

Credit for the photo to Malcolm Smith:

Attachment 77944
I assume you mean how all the gravel on the track has been dragged on, rather than the existence of a gravel trap up to the kerb in a BTCC race means there's an Imp and a Cortina in the way!
Old 6 Sep 2023, 06:02 (Ref:4175348)   #178
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From the corner in question:

Old 6 Sep 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4175352)   #179
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Graeme.

crm, that photo appears to have been taken after the tyres had already been "moved" by other competitors. I think that at the beginning of each race, the tyre stack was nearer the mini sausage bumps which I would have thought would not do any car any good if they were run over.
Old 6 Sep 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4175353)   #180
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, Graeme.

crm, that photo appears to have been taken after the tyres had already been "moved" by other competitors. I think that at the beginning of each race, the tyre stack was nearer the mini sausage bumps which I would have thought would not do any car any good if they were run over.
I can't find anything showing much closer than these:

In the latter two, you can see how close the gravel currently is to the apex, and my previous image shows just how much gravel the BTCC cars bring onto the track already - so if the gravel was right up to the edge of the circuit then the following part of the track would be covered....