Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 May 2001, 04:25 (Ref:91405)   #1
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT in trouble

It seems some of the crew members were having a bit to much fun at eastern creek. Do you think the driver still has a job?

There must be someone else in charge at the moment for HRT to be fined and points deducted

But the drama is again to be found off the track, with Skaife and teammate Jason Bright each being docked 30 Championship Points, and the HRT being fined $10,000, for an off-track indiscretion at Eastern Creek. The official statement says the HRT actions were "such as to bring the sport of motor racing into disrepute."

A member of the HRT was using one of the team’s promotional vehicles to do ‘doughnuts’ in the immediate vicinity of the pit bays at Eastern Creek.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 May 2001, 04:55 (Ref:91408)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know anything about this but I dont think championship points should be deducted because of an off track incident..its ridiculus...a stern talking to and a fine should be enough to deter anyone from doing donuts...stupid really ..no harm in a few donuts
Old 12 May 2001, 05:24 (Ref:91409)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic stuff!

The thing was that he was drunk....which doesn't surprise me, since their trailor is half filled with slabs of VB!

I see it as a parity adjustment in the wake of the Ambrose/Lowndes thing....it's only fair to dud Holden as well!

The best conspiracy theory I've seen was that surely Lowndes still has a few HRT uniforms lying around, and he was always doing donuts....so... I love it, way to go HRT!

No doubt they will appeal "oh, he was just trying to reverse park the car when his foot sliped" in the high court and get their precious 30 points back...
Old 13 May 2001, 00:25 (Ref:91653)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a shock! I was there and i didn't see anything going on.

To deduct championship points from the drivers for something they had no part in is absolutely NOT ON! According to CAMS NCR 144 the entrant is responsible for all actions or omissions by any menber of the team. Further the responsible party is also accountable for their actions/omissions. The drivers are NOT responsible for the actions of the pit crew, unless they are the entrant of the car. In the case of HRT, they certainly are not.

All this smacks of rigging the championship to make it seem closer and more competitive than it really is. Is Tony Cochrane, related to Bill France or what?

HRT should definitely appeal, they merely need to produce the CAMS manual and rest their case. The rules are that clear.
Old 14 May 2001, 05:29 (Ref:92150)   #5
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No i think it's fair.

Having the points docked which affects their drivers championship progress, will make them think twice before doin it again.
Old 14 May 2001, 06:38 (Ref:92176)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly- would a fine discourage people? No where near as much as a loss of points...
Old 16 May 2001, 11:02 (Ref:93147)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erm Hello! Skaife and Bright didn't do anything and therefore deducting points won't make them think before doing it again because they didn't bloody do it!

Once again, the rules are clear, the driver's are NOT responsible for the actions of the pitcrew. Skaife and Bright have no case to answer.

P.S. Does anyone else think it odd that a story as big as this (presuming it's true) was not even mentioned on RPM last week.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:53 (Ref:93166)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Why would RPM show it? It only detracts from the show, and I'd say that's exactly what the officials are clamping down on. Doesn't it all have a bit of an image problem, eg top of the mountain at Bathurst, that it is trying to clean up? I'm sure if they promoted the fact that the pit crew of the top team in the land is filled with drunken louts it wouldn't be too beneficial to anyone.

Ok then, should the driver be penalised if the pit crew do something like let their tyre roll down pit lane? It's not the driver's fault....
Old 16 May 2001, 12:33 (Ref:93188)   #9
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now if this incident brought the sport (I use the term loosly) into disrepute...how come 99% of people did not know about it until the penalty was issued?
Old 16 May 2001, 12:41 (Ref:93194)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
But what if it came out "Drunken HRT crew member does doughies in the pits, no punishment." What sort of message would that send across?

Also, bringing the sport into disrepute. As someone said elsewhere, Larry's special on the ABC last year with its non-stop foul mouth- doesn't that also bring the sport into disrepute??