Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Oct 2007, 03:24 (Ref:2044151)   #1
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Walker + Gore + Legge = 3 in 2008 ?

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-indy.html

Quote:
TEAM Australia co-owner Derrick Walker has dropped a bombshell on Indy eve, announcing the team was considering Dale Coyne Racing's Katherine Legge as a driver for a possible third car in 2008.

"I do not know where Craig (Gore) stands on it because we have not really talked about it that much.

"But Craig is a businessman and he looks at things pretty realistically and if I think we have the right package, then running a third car is not something I am scared of at all.

In a possible indication of where she may be headed, Legge and Walker were seated together at yesterday's Champ Car drivers' breakfast at Conrad Jupiters.

"I am trying to persuade Derrick to give me a drive for next year," she said, with a smile aimed at Walker.
It has also been seen that Walker Racing and FCR have been seeking extra staff in Autosport magazine
Old 19 Oct 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2044527)   #2
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good - maybe we need a Silly Season thread for all the rumours and new developments going on?
Old 20 Oct 2007, 01:21 (Ref:2045087)   #3
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have notice that whenever a team start running a other car they normally stuggle with the extra pressure of that 2nd or even third car.Dont know if it a good idea or not.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 09:14 (Ref:2045224)   #4
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford
I have notice that whenever a team start running a other car they normally stuggle with the extra pressure of that 2nd or even third car.Dont know if it a good idea or not.
Great opportunity for Kath to show what she can do - hope it's happening.

Run KL in CCWS or run the two Mansell's in Atlantic? I know what I'd rather do!
Old 20 Oct 2007, 09:30 (Ref:2045232)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk
Great opportunity for Kath to show what she can do - hope it's happening.
What exactly can Ms Legge do? When you look at the season, there have been no remarkable highlights, no "pull one from the fundament" hot laps that are the signs of a superstar in a junkheap.

Its nice that ChampCar has its own version of Ms Patrick.... but I would doubt that Ms Legge would be on the same page as Mr Power, and whoever gets the 2nd seat there next season.

Getting a KK-assisted engine package for the 3rd car will more than likely not cover the operating costs either....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Oct 2007, 13:42 (Ref:2045370)   #6
nycuk
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
What exactly can Ms Legge do? When you look at the season, there have been no remarkable highlights, no "pull one from the fundament" hot laps that are the signs of a superstar in a junkheap.

Its nice that ChampCar has its own version of Ms Patrick.... but I would doubt that Ms Legge would be on the same page as Mr Power, and whoever gets the 2nd seat there next season.

Getting a KK-assisted engine package for the 3rd car will more than likely not cover the operating costs either....
I think she is a talented driver who deserves a better chance. Her results were good in Atlantic, and Dale Coyne have struggled to put together a competitive since, well, ever.

I'm not suggesting that KL is a superstar - being brutally honest, who in CCWS is??

What do you mean by Champ Car having it's own version of Ms Patrick? A woman? Well spotted...
Old 21 Oct 2007, 09:37 (Ref:2045941)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think she is a talented driver who deserves a better chance. Her results were good in Atlantic, and Dale Coyne have struggled to put together a competitive since, well, ever.
Bruno Junquiera seems to make more of his opportunities in the same team that Ms Legge.

The hype around Ms Legge, primarily because she is of the fairer gender, does not translate to results... ala the other lady in the IRL
Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:19 (Ref:2048110)   #8
nycuk
Veteran

England
Quote:
Bruno Junquiera seems to make more of his opportunities in the same team that Ms Legge.

The hype around Ms Legge, primarily because she is of the fairer gender, does not translate to results... ala the other lady in the IRL
GTRMagic, fair comment.

I just thought this was going down the 'she's crap cos she's a woman' route again, which unfortunately is the attitude many seem to adopt and frankly makes me angry.

Obviously this was not where you were going with this particular argument.

I still think she deserves a chance though.

Last edited by nycuk; 22 Oct 2007 at 16:26.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2048126)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, give her a chance I say. She's still the only girl I know who can heel'n'toe and four wheel drift a Leyland Daf minibus to good effect.

And she still holds the record for the fastest thing through the chicane at Rockingham. All be it upside down and backwards...
Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2048130)   #10
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

I'm not suggesting that KL is a superstar - being brutally honest, who in CCWS is??

What do you mean by Champ Car having it's own version of Ms Patrick? A woman? Well spotted...
the whole Danica/Legge thing was clear from day 1

Kalkhoven saw the effect that Danica had in the IRL and he wanted some for himself so he hired Legge

Don't forget, KK employed Legge, not another champ car owner

My opinion of her is quite low, she's never been able to match her teammates and her results have been poor, this season has been a complete write off

KK is still her manager and paying her wages and keeping her in a DC car but he even commented after she caused a multiple car crash at one race that he was fed up

I don't see much of a future for her
Old 23 Oct 2007, 01:20 (Ref:2048568)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
Kalkhoven saw the effect that Danica had in the IRL and he wanted some for himself so he hired Legge
That's not the way it happened. But I don't see the point in telling the story, as it would be a waste of time.

I think with good coaching and a good well enginneered car at Walker she has the potential to do well.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 02:40 (Ref:2048599)   #12
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Legge with the tution of Walker could vastly improve on her 2007 performances. By how much she can improve seems to be the question. Legge won in Atlantics, despite it being without the most impressive of fields it still showed she has talent.

As mountainstar points out, Legge was signed up at the 2004 to Kalkoven for Atlantics, prior to the Ms Patrick hitting top 'media' form in the US
Old 23 Oct 2007, 07:37 (Ref:2048705)   #13
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
I think Legge with the tution of Walker could vastly improve on her 2007 performances. By how much she can improve seems to be the question. Legge won in Atlantics, despite it being without the most impressive of fields it still showed she has talent.

As mountainstar points out, Legge was signed up at the 2004 to Kalkoven for Atlantics, prior to the Ms Patrick hitting top 'media' form in the US

And she was rushed into champ car too early by Kalkhoven to compete with Danicamania

She should have been given more time in atlantics, it was a bad mistake
Old 24 Oct 2007, 00:08 (Ref:2049775)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
And she was rushed into champ car too early by Kalkhoven to compete with Danicamania

She should have been given more time in atlantics, it was a bad mistake
Maybe but it's all hindsight now. I don't think it was specifically to compete against danicamania, otherwise the publicity machine would have been cranking full tilt.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 17:27 (Ref:2052193)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Legge wasn't exactly made into a big thing by Champcar. She always seemed to be regarded just as one of the drivers to me?
Old 26 Oct 2007, 22:58 (Ref:2052425)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yeah, Legge wasn't exactly made into a big thing by Champcar. She always seemed to be regarded just as one of the drivers to me?
Ultimately I think that is the way it should be.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2052737)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 17:17 (Ref:2052756)   #18
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cos she's English - and we won't even back a driver unless they're winning, else we'll just pick on them too (as a media led generalisation that is).
Old 27 Oct 2007, 21:04 (Ref:2052876)   #19
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
she's been fairly useless in champ car

but, KK keeps her in a seat so she has some kind of future
Old 9 Nov 2007, 02:57 (Ref:2063466)   #20
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Bruno is in the same team by name only, all the support goes, entirely understandably, to his car.
Old 9 Nov 2007, 04:47 (Ref:2063493)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a pom in an Aussie car dosn't seem right, Legge hasn't done alot in CC, if Walker/Gore are going to give a chick a go whats wrong with Leanne Tander she has done good in F3 (just missing the tittle) she is on a short list of female drivers for Audi in DTM along with Legge and best of all she is Aussie.
Old 9 Nov 2007, 07:07 (Ref:2063531)   #22
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why hire someone who's only feat is not winning the Australian F3 title? She may be on Audi's shortlist, but so was Emma Kimiläinen.
Old 9 Nov 2007, 07:24 (Ref:2063538)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
a pom in an Aussie car dosn't seem right, Legge hasn't done alot in CC, if Walker/Gore are going to give a chick a go whats wrong with Leanne Tander she has done good in F3 (just missing the tittle) she is on a short list of female drivers for Audi in DTM along with Legge and best of all she is Aussie.
Simon Pagenaud isnt exactly from the Gold Coast
Old 9 Nov 2007, 09:48 (Ref:2063608)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no he is French and Tags was Canadian, but wouldn't it be better to have more Aussies than forigners, not that i have any thing against Legge it's just a sugestions no need for the rolleyes.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2124004)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There was an article in Australasian Motorsport News a few weeks ago, wondering if Mr Gore's Team Australia equipe would be running in 2008... because they missed the first official test day...

Of interest in local (Australian) motorsport happenings, is that the WPS/Team Australia team currently has its licences up for sale, and presumably looking to change direction (close down??)

Perhaps the article about the ChampCar thing wasnt far wrong??