Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi loves Monty! lol

Quote:
Quoted from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/2196139.stm

Thursday, 15 August, 2002, 18:32 GMT 19:32 UK
Schumi ends Montoya row

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0LQAAACwPRU1nIwn*e4VFZk19djHGv3BtuYuXcs75wQD6ykC0Bb6hSbOWHpWN4yK0*iaiM5qrobQ/Shu-mon.bmp[/IMG]
No hard feelings? Schumacher ends Montoya feud

Michael Schumacher has ended his feud with Williams-BMW driver Juan Pablo Montoya.
Five-times world champion Schumacher says he has seen a different side to the flamboyant Colombian's personality and is ready to bury the hatchet.
"My relationship with him has changed," said Schumacher, as he attempts to become the first driver to win 10 Grands Prix in a season in Hungary on Sunday.
"To be honest, there are two reasons for the change. The main one is that we now know each other, whereas before we didn't."
Montoya arrived in Formula One with a blaze of publicity at the start of last season after winning the IndyCar title in 2000.
The off-track hype that surrounded the 26-year-old Colombian, coupled with his no-holds-barred driving style, failed to endear him to Schumacher.
Getting on well
"He arrived in Formula One a long time before he actually did because the press had written and talked about him for ages and some of us, including myself, didn't know him.
"I knew he had done well in America, and that's it, but doing well in America does not give any guarantee you do well here (in F1).
"He was also being very optimistic about his [overtaking] opportunities, and I didn't agree with his philosophy."
That has all changed now though as Schumacher readily admits.
"If you see him these days and what he is saying now compared to what he used to say, it is very different.
"It is why I personally feel much more comfortable with him, and I've actually got to like him because I have found the person behind the shield.
"I'm now getting on very well with him."
Old 17 Aug 2002, 18:13 (Ref:359852)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
They HAVE to get along - after all, before long, they will be working together. TGF has a lifetime contract with Ferrari, whether he drives or not
Old 17 Aug 2002, 18:29 (Ref:359859)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if TGF agrees with Juan's version of events in Brazil this year ?

nice to see them get on though....
Old 17 Aug 2002, 20:35 (Ref:359907)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, until next time they're fighting each other for the lead. Then it'll be back to the bickering and finger-pointing.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:06 (Ref:359923)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not until 2003. There's nothing to fight for really till then.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:41 (Ref:359949)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow...I didn't know anybody loved Monty... at least that had actually met him. Must be two of a kind...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Aug 2002, 00:49 (Ref:360030)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay
Wow...I didn't know anybody loved Monty... at least that had actually met him. Must be two of a kind... [/QUOTE0]

Geez, Jay, you have a long memory.

Is the present Connie the woman you witnerssed receiving his tantrum?
Old 18 Aug 2002, 01:09 (Ref:360039)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt it... I imagine it was just his girl of the hour.

His personality isn't really a secret, but I don't really like Montoya or Schumacher. They're both excellent drivers that do very well, but Michael has shown what kind of a driver and a person he is, as has Juan. Juan has said that he actually agrees with Ferrari's tactics and has encouraged Williams to use similar tactics (as in Austria). Luckily, Williams is a racing team and would never give in...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Aug 2002, 01:36 (Ref:360044)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with you as you well know, but Montoya's fiancee is no slouch, she's a law student at the University of Madrid. And his dad is an Architect-hence my soft spot for the guy. Besides I'm a notorious crank, so how can I fault a guy with a bad attitude?
Old 18 Aug 2002, 01:43 (Ref:360045)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The simple truth is hypocrisy, and its a problem for all the drivers. I mean...if you are at the receiving end of such "team orders", you'd love it if its for you..but you'd condemn it if its against you. JV said he doesn't want to be in Ferrari with MS because he's afraid to be in No.2, but doesn't seem much bothered for Zonta at BAR does he? Every driver would want to be the exclusive of the team. Forget the fake moralism some drivers try putting up...some get it because they are good enough for it, some don't...

Anyway, nice to see JPM and MS get along. The picture has shown just one of the many times Michael had congraulated JPM for a good performance. Why have all the rivalry like that of Senna vs Prost, when we can have it the Michael vs Mika way? Good for them...now...back on the track!

Quote:"I wonder if TGF agrees with Juan's version of events in Brazil this year ?"
Why should he? When even Berger thinks that it's not Michael's fault nor is it anything dirty... JPM better reflect abit'
Old 18 Aug 2002, 01:48 (Ref:360046)   #11
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gt_R
Thanks for your replies I need you more at my threads. lol

I hope Schumacher and Barrichello makes it tomorrow!

I am a bit drunk
Old 18 Aug 2002, 05:56 (Ref:360071)   #12
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Juan has said that he actually agrees with Ferrari's tactics and has encouraged Williams to use similar tactics (as in Austria). Luckily, Williams is a racing team and would never give in...
I have read various statements from Ralf about favoring one driver over another but never from JPM. I dont think that JPM has ever advocated Team orders in the Williams team.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 15:07 (Ref:360296)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm pretty sure i heard something along that line Jay mentioned...as in, he won't refuse nor hesitate accepting if the team backs him.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 17:00 (Ref:360410)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
I'm pretty sure i heard something along that line Jay mentioned...as in, he won't refuse nor hesitate accepting if the team backs him.
Lets face it, what driver would refuse the No 1 status? But it's a bit different actually demanding it in your contract!

Just a thought, once Michael retires and takes over from Luca Di Montizemello as Ferrari's president, i wonder if he'll adopt the same policy of having a No 1 and 2 or have equal No1's?

Last edited by Mr V; 18 Aug 2002 at 17:00.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 20:14 (Ref:360554)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
The guys on Speed channel were saying that Luca has resigned until 2006, and is actively trying to get Todt, Brawn, and Byrne to sign until then as well.. Uh-oh...
Old 19 Aug 2002, 00:43 (Ref:360771)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
The simple truth is hypocrisy, and its a problem for all the drivers. I mean...if you are at the receiving end of such "team orders", you'd love it if its for you..but you'd condemn it if its against you. JV said he doesn't want to be in Ferrari with MS because he's afraid to be in No.2, but doesn't seem much bothered for Zonta at BAR does he? Every driver would want to be the exclusive of the team. Forget the fake moralism some drivers try putting up...some get it because they are good enough for it, some don't...

C'mon. Schumacher was never spun off by his teammate... (Hockenheim 2000, Zonta hits Jacques)
And probably Zonta was not told to move over each race. Nor at the finish line.