Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Aug 2002, 21:19 (Ref:355531)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
10th win or Rubens?

Will TGF go for his record breaking 10th win of the season this weekend or go out of his way to help out Rubens? I don't see how he can fail to not win at least one more race this season , but will he get that out of the way first or help Rubens first? Tough call for him to make.
Old 11 Aug 2002, 21:29 (Ref:355547)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think MS will have it all his own way in Hungary. Williams and McLaren were a match for him in Monaco, which is similar.
Old 11 Aug 2002, 21:44 (Ref:355562)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael is beatable , I think Rubens can beat him fair and square on his own .
I dont think he needs Michael's help...anyway , he's already said he doesnt want any favours from TGF .....

Respect to Rubens
Old 11 Aug 2002, 21:46 (Ref:355564)   #4
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Schumi is leading the race and Rubens is second, he must surely give way. But I could imagine the record of most win pr. Season falls this year with 99% certainty.
Old 11 Aug 2002, 22:20 (Ref:355578)   #5
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
anyway , he's already said he doesnt want any favours from TGF .....

Respect to Rubens
If he has said that , then i admire him totally .

The win will feel even sweeter .
Old 12 Aug 2002, 00:28 (Ref:355650)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not that I really care, but TGF will win this season so he can grab yet another record (oh, but of course, he's not after records... )

TGF will help Rubens again though.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 00:52 (Ref:355662)   #7
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let me get this straight, does it imply that you all don't mind a replay of Austria AS LONG AS MS is not the winner?
Old 12 Aug 2002, 16:11 (Ref:356173)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever happens at Ferrari will be rigged in advance. But I would guess that Rubens will not win another race this season and will be darned lucky to even start another race this season.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 16:43 (Ref:356194)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Liz, I get the impression that you believe that TGF was the second gunman on the grassy knoll, is responsible for the devaluation of the Canadian dollar and everything that is "wrong" with F1!

There has been a "Number 1" and a "Number 2" in F1 for a long time. Curious that when Ferrari does something - the result is viewed as "rigged." Someone else does it and it is viewed as "team orders."

I am not a big TGF fan but it does seem as if the reaction to him is more personal than based on his racing. MS helped Ferrari achieve their spot at the top and helps keep them there, more so than Rubens (a solid fellow, btw). Rubens knew the score when he signed on and renewed. He is free to go anywhere else as I am sure many teams would like to have him as a #1.

I apologize to the monitors and you in advance if I come off at all rudely, it is not my intent - but I would like to discuss the possibilities of the upcoming race based on the merits of the drivers and the teams, not the various conspiracy theories be they real or imagined.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 16:49 (Ref:356196)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"team orders" is a polite way of saying "race fixing" isn't it?

I fail to see how anyone can possibly discuss the outcome of a race in which a Ferrari is virtually certain to win, without discussing the fact that the contract of the "No. 1" driver specifies that it will be he. This is not a conspiracy theory. It is a known fact, agreed to by everyone at Ferrari and announced to the world after the Austria Debacle.

As long as Driver No. 1 is on the track, Driver No. 1 will win. That is written.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 16:59 (Ref:356201)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I did not say that I agreed with the concept. One must keep in mind that when we use terms like "what they said" it would be interesting to read the actual quote. Also, I would be curious to know what other teams have in their contracts - one might be surprised by what is found (or not).

All that I am saying is that from where I sit the reaction to anything Ferrari does appears to be more of an emotional response than anything else. i for one would rather be discussing this from the standpoint of who will win rather than presuming that Ferrari will a priori. Most likely it is not in Ruben's contract that he put sugar in the other teams' fuel or hide their impact wrenches or something.

For example, what are Ferrari's chances? At this type of track do any of the other teams have a chance or some sort of advantage? What does anyone think of Kimi's chances?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 17:24 (Ref:356208)   #12
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[B]Originally posted by JohnSSC [B]

For example, what are Ferrari's chances? At this type of track do any of the other teams have a chance or some sort of advantage? What does anyone think of Kimi's chances?

Or Montoya's? Or Ralf's? Or David's?

Hungaroring is not about speed and engines. It's about chasis and experience. I don't think it's Kimi;s track.

Ferrari still has good chances to win. If Rubens leads it the team will let he win. But they will hardly help him. Now it's not important who brings the points for WCC. If MSch leads he will not pass RB anyway.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 17:30 (Ref:356212)   #13
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Then do you think that Montoya can be kind enough to his chassis to bring home a good result?
Old 12 Aug 2002, 21:13 (Ref:356375)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont want any team orders at Ferrari what so ever !

Let Rubens earn any wins he gets in the rest of the season . That way there worth something !
Old 12 Aug 2002, 21:17 (Ref:356381)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Then do you think that Montoya can be kind enough to his chassis to bring home a good result?
He was kind enough to the chassis in Monaco, which is very much like Hungary, it was his engine that let him down there (again!!)
Old 12 Aug 2002, 23:24 (Ref:356516)   #16
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens will have to up his pace to get TGF's help.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 23:39 (Ref:356532)   #17
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
*sniff*
Same old ... Now dont tell me that Ralf is saving his engine or tyres or chassis or or his bum or whatever... ok!

O'Schu,
Yeah Rubens will have to up his game.. that is, if his car comes off the jacks..

Last edited by freud; 12 Aug 2002 at 23:41.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 02:07 (Ref:356592)   #18
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Well Freud, my take is that Ralf of 2002 is not the Ralf from a few years ago. However, no one has mentioned Jaguar or Toyota. Have any of Jaguar's "improvements" resulted in anyone thinking they will be top 10, let alone in the points?

What about Toyota?
Old 13 Aug 2002, 02:54 (Ref:356610)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jaguar? Top 10?

Seriously, they did appear to be improving in the two rounds previous to Germany, but their performance at Hockenheim was awful. They were so far off the pace and unreliable it was a return to their early form this year.
It still isn't gelling, and they would be looking forward to 2003, with hopefully new drivers and new management (mostly, get rid of Lauda)
Old 13 Aug 2002, 07:20 (Ref:356646)   #20
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I picked Rubens to win in this week predictions...
but I fear the only race he will win is the race back to the hotel..

Rubens will be stepping out of the shower as MS makes his
first pit stop...

Alan
Old 13 Aug 2002, 09:34 (Ref:356704)   #21
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Jaguar? Top 10?

Seriously, they did appear to be improving in the two rounds previous to Germany, but their performance at Hockenheim was awful. They were so far off the pace and unreliable it was a return to their early form this year.
It still isn't gelling, and they would be looking forward to 2003, with hopefully new drivers and new management (mostly, get rid of Lauda)
Maybe pigs can fly? But Eddie used to be 3 in Monaco. What about flying cats?
Old 17 Aug 2002, 12:24 (Ref:359694)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
Rubens has got the right start to win tomorrow, he also starts from the clean side of the track!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:51 (Ref:360112)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Providing that Rubens actually manages to get away from the grid properly today,(and has no problems in the race) then the win is his i reckon (thats jinxed him )and Michael will take the victory at Spa!
Old 19 Aug 2002, 00:51 (Ref:360776)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the question was solved: It was Rubens' win.