Who has been the biggest ...

Surprise of 2010 so far : Renault & Kubica

Disappointments of 2010 so far : BMW Sauber & STR

Best Race of 2010 so far : Australian GP

Worst Race of 2010 so far : Barhain GP

Worst Tech Issue of 2010 : Refulling Ban

Best Driver of 2010 so far : Vettel

Best Team of 2010 so far : Red Bull

Best Rockie of 2010 so far : Hulkenberg (in the race) & Petrov (in Quali)

Best New Team so far : Lotus

Best Driver in a New Team so far : Glock
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2666442)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprise: Renault (not Kubica though, who is lightning).

Disappointment: Sauber and Williams (they are usually talked up as potentially getting back into the winning circle, but seem entrenched in the midfield).

Best race: Melbourne

Worst race: Sakhir

Worst tech issue: Aero, or if we're talking specifcally this season, the fact tyre stops weren't done away with along with the refuelling.

Best driver: Vettel

Best team: Red Bull

Best rookie: Petrov

Best new team: Lotus

Best driver in a new team: Kovalainen
Old 4 Apr 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2666567)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surprise of 2010 so far : Kubica
Disappointments of 2010 so far : TGF (although I think he is doing alright)
Best Tech Issue of 2010 : Refuelling Ban
Worst Tech Issue of 2010 : Dirty air
Best Driver of 2010 so far : Rosberg
Best Team of 2010 so far : Force India
Best Rookie of 2010 so far : Chandhok
Old 4 Apr 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2666583)   #4
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise of 2010 so far: the Hulk
Disappointment so far: Schumacher
Best race: Melbourne
Worst race: Barhain
Worst Tech issue: Front tyres
Best driver so far: Vettel
Best Team so far: RBR
Best Rookie so far: The Hulk
Best new Team : Lotus
Best driver in a new Team: Alonso
Old 4 Apr 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2666599)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprise of 2010 so far : Massa - no colateral damage - hint, hint, Jab !
Disappointments of 2010 so far : TGF - I hope he keeps that way.
Best Tech Issue of 2010 : Refuelling Ban
Worst Tech Issue of 2010 : Dirty air
Best Driver of 2010 so far : Hamilton
Best Team of 2010 so far : Force India
Best Rookie of 2010 so far : Chandhok
Best driver in a new team : Button
Old 4 Apr 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2666661)   #6
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise: The Renault car, which has got some pace.

Disappointment: The Sauber, which has not.

Best race: Australian GP.

Worst race: Bahrain GP.

Worst tech issue: Aero/overtaking. Is F1 dull?

Best driver: Robert Kubica.

Best team: On balance I will say Ferrari, but the Red Bull is potentially the best car.

Best rookie: There's not much to choose from at the minute but Petrov impressed against Hamilton today.

Best new team: Lotus.

Best driver in a new team: Heikki Kovalainen.

Overall I'd say it's been a good start. Bahrain was disappointing but as long as everything else is as good as Malaysia and better there'll be few complaints.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2666668)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise of 2010 so far : The new teams. Going into the winter, I wasn't expecting them to be anywhere near this slow
Disappointments of 2010 so far : Schumacher
Best Race of 2010 so far : Australia
Worst Race of 2010 so far : Bahrain
Best Tech Issue of 2010 : ?? None, disagree with so many of the tech regs
Worst Tech Issue of 2010 : Downforce, or pit duration if that can be included
Best Driver of 2010 so far : Alonso
Best Team of 2010 so far : Ferrari
Best Rookie of 2010 so far : Chandhok probably, but none are in good enough cars to seriously impress.
Best New Team so far : Lotus (although they are still rubbish)
Best driver in a new team : Alonso
Old 4 Apr 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2666670)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surprise: Renault and what both Kubica and Petrov have been able to do with it
Disappointment: Sauber and Kobayashi's inability to finish GPs-still 0 points
Tech Issue: Tires, I'm ok with leaving the 2 compounds but would like to see a drop off more like Indy cars to make the risk/reward of running softer more often bigger
Best driver: Kubica has pulled the most out of the Renault but Vettel has been Schumi-esque dominant so far without the Ferrari's reliablity
Best team: Red Bull if they can keep running and stay on the track like today
Best rookie: Petrov but Hulkenberg has some better durability
Best new team: Lotus but HRT is coming on fast
Best driver on new team: Kovi, seems like he knows what to expect out of the car and knows where he is on the track and stays clean

Not sure about the best races, both Malaysia and Australia were good races but Bahrain was the worst by far.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2666684)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I may have read that one about best driver in a new team wrongly. I took it to mean the best driver in one of the new teams, but not best driver who's moved.

If it's the latter, I'd say Rosberg who has had the measure of Schumacher. Button comes a close second for infilitrating into McLaren quite well. Alonso is also doing well, but he doesn't have enough superiority over Massa just yet for me to vote for him.

Best tech issue: No refuelling. I didn't like the sprints between stops. Now let's get rid off tyre changes.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 01:19 (Ref:2666884)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit early for this, surely??
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2666999)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprise: Force India - not just quick on fast circuits anymore

Disappointment: Schumacher, I can't see him completing the season. Those who rate Webber must be surprised at how poor he's been too.

Best race: Australia, easily

Worst race: Bahrain, easily

Worst tech issue: The aero's appalling, the ban on refuelling has made things worse, and even KERS might have been an improvement.

Best driver: Neither Alonso nor Vettel have put a wheel wrong yet.

Best team: Ferrari

Best rookie: Hulkenberg's looking pretty good, although Petrov's had decent pace

Best new team: Lotus - thoroughly professional all round, with decent reliability.

Best driver in a new team: Kovalainen, because he's so consistantly had the better of Trulli. Thumbs up to Chandhok for his solid driving and professional attitude too.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2667104)   #12
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Bit early for this, surely??
For real, can we at least get to Monaco? I realise that 3 trials is the scientific norm for finding averages, but surely we need better than three races.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2667325)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'll bite, although I think it's a bit early for this type of thread...

Surprise of 2010 so far: Renault (but not Kubica, who I've always rated)
Disappointments of 2010 so far: Sauber
Best Race of 2010 so far: Australia
Worst Race of 2010 so far: Bahrain
Worst Tech Issue of 2010: It's not new, but the rule about using both tyre compounds. Can't see what it adds to the show.
Best Driver of 2010 so far: Vettel, although Hamilton has provided greater entertainment
Best Team of 2010 so far: Ferrari - it would be Red Bull but they need to get the car home a few more times
Best Rookie of 2010 so far: he's only half a rookie, but I think Alguersuari is starting to look a much better prospect than he did a few months ago
Best New Team so far: Lotus
Best Driver in a New Team so far: assuming you mean a driver in one of the new teams rather than a driver who has moved teams, it's definitely Kovalainen for me - he's been quicker than the other 5 most of the time, and he's obviously hugely motivated to see Lotus progress, so he gets top marks for his attitude as well.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'