Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Feb 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3368683)   #26
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Judging by some of Mr Ingall's remarks, I think even he was surpised by the #23 car's pace. At least until it starts wearing out...

Not sure why some cars ran so few laps, with little to no problems to report. One suspects their tyre bank was lacking. Same goes for the race budget.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3368696)   #27
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
FPR Runs Wrong Diff At Test Day

How this can happen is beyond me.... but it does explain the rat-a-tat-tatting of the #18 car especially at the end of the front straight... the other three seemed to button off before turn one, protecting the engines a little...

Bloody crazy that something this fundamental can be missed..
B Grade outfit!!!!!
Old 15 Feb 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3368725)   #28
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Volvo had issues but looked the business:

Last edited by mayhem; 15 Feb 2014 at 13:16.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3368731)   #29
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought HRT looked the business on track, lots of cars looked like 2013 editions, and a few like Bottle-o were a bit of a dogs breakfast; and I'm not a fan of the Red Bulls either, colours don't work.

Last edited by mayhem; 15 Feb 2014 at 13:15.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3368734)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
And just to add, this is how the day began:

Old 15 Feb 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3368871)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think it would be a good idea if each team was allowed access to a set of new tyres for this event.

And they will need to be given back at the end of the day, to stop teams saving it up for the next test
Old 15 Feb 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3368889)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i think it would be a good idea if each team was allowed access to a set of new tyres for this event.

And they will need to be given back at the end of the day, to stop teams saving it up for the next test
Completely agree

It is absolute madness for the top category in the country to be hamstrung in this new year by the activities of last year

Every pressrelease is full of craap about using old tyres or nor having used softs or somesuch.. how does that look to the sponsor tipping in a lazy couple of million... Gives the impression the teams cant afford new tyres

Silly...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Feb 2014, 04:14 (Ref:3368948)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
FPR Runs Wrong Diff At Test Day

How this can happen is beyond me.... but it does explain the rat-a-tat-tatting of the #18 car especially at the end of the front straight... the other three seemed to button off before turn one, protecting the engines a little...

Bloody crazy that something this fundamental can be missed..
FPR=Flamin Pathetic Racing

You'd expect better from the reigning Bathurst champs....
Old 16 Feb 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3368971)   #34
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my observations yesterday it's going to be the year of boring liveries..even those I thought would look good in the flesh were so so. HRT is fairly striking but does look a bit messy, the dayglo red is a highlight. The Lockwood car appears flat in the shades of colour and the bottlo car is a good attempt at change but doesn't quite work. The 18 looks busy like the old Betta cars, if there were awards for most improved that would be the winner.
The LDM car also looks like something from the DVS circa 10 years ago...
A good day out despite the rain.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3369060)   #35
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few sights and sounds from the test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQKdLZKmWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJf8uRnXVdE

Really enjoying the variety in the sounds. The Volvo sounds a bit different. There aren't too many top-level series left in the world of motorsport where you can easily tell which car is coming before you can see it...

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 16 Feb 2014 at 14:29.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3369189)   #36
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Completely agree

It is absolute madness for the top category in the country to be hamstrung in this new year by the activities of last year

Every pressrelease is full of craap about using old tyres or nor having used softs or somesuch.. how does that look to the sponsor tipping in a lazy couple of million... Gives the impression the teams cant afford new tyres

Silly...
+1