Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 7 May 2014, 23:52 (Ref:3403564)   #1
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8ST - 2014/15

Thought it was time to start a new thread with the series changing its calendar to run over summer.
Interesting to note that Round 5 sees the V8ST make their first trip to Levels with Ruapuna following 2 weeks later. As for Round 4 I'd personally I'd like to see Manfield get it as Pukekohe already features twice in the calendar.

ROUND ONE:
TAUPO 400, September 27-28, Taupo Motorsport Park
ROUND TWO: WAIKATO 400, November 1-2, Hampton Downs
ROUND THREE: FUCHS 500, November 29-30, Pukekohe Park Raceway
ROUND FOUR: Unconfirmed at this stage (either Pukekohe or Manfeild)
ROUND FIVE: TIMARU 250, March 7-8, Levels Raceway
ROUND SIX: CHRISTCHURCH 250, March 21-22, Mike Pero Motorsport Park
ROUND SEVEN: GRAND FINAL: PUKEKOHE, April 24-26 with V8 Supercars.
Old 11 May 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3404779)   #2
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8ST’s open letter to Ian Booth, Chairman NZV8 Touring Cars, on their Facebook page.
Ian’s subsequent comments / replies have been removed from this page, because quote: “It is not our intention to have a public debate about this……We wish to ensure that the facts were on public record, to remove any confusion.”
Ian’s apparent first reply was noting who he had spoken to and the approx. when.
Obviously the site administrator was able to verify Ian’s comments before removing them, as the “facts” are all V8ST wish. Considering the apparent time frame between post and removal it is highly unlikely.

You then have to question the motives behind the “Open Letter” and secondly not allowing an Open Reply throws doubt on V8ST’s sincerity at obtaining the facts and placing them on public record, also their interest at any reconciliation with NZV8. The word Propaganda comes to mind.

I’m sure Ian nor NZV8 Touring Cars are not particularly happy with the one sided public spat and wouldn’t blame them if they have no further contact or association with V8ST.

This doesn’t help the current situation with Motorsport in NZ, but obviously this is what the management of V8ST want. Hard to believe previous statements made regarding resolving differences for the betterment of motorsport in NZ with that attitude.

It would be interesting to see what V8ST teams and their sponsors think about this letter.
Old 11 May 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3404895)   #3
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's just like the Ukraine all over again...
Old 12 May 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3405216)   #4
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
V8ST’s open letter to Ian Booth, Chairman NZV8 Touring Cars, on their Facebook page.
Ian’s subsequent comments / replies have been removed from this page, because quote: “It is not our intention to have a public debate about this……We wish to ensure that the facts were on public record, to remove any confusion.”
Ian’s apparent first reply was noting who he had spoken to and the approx. when.
Obviously the site administrator was able to verify Ian’s comments before removing them, as the “facts” are all V8ST wish. Considering the apparent time frame between post and removal it is highly unlikely.

You then have to question the motives behind the “Open Letter” and secondly not allowing an Open Reply throws doubt on V8ST’s sincerity at obtaining the facts and placing them on public record, also their interest at any reconciliation with NZV8. The word Propaganda comes to mind.

I’m sure Ian nor NZV8 Touring Cars are not particularly happy with the one sided public spat and wouldn’t blame them if they have no further contact or association with V8ST.

This doesn’t help the current situation with Motorsport in NZ, but obviously this is what the management of V8ST want. Hard to believe previous statements made regarding resolving differences for the betterment of motorsport in NZ with that attitude.

It would be interesting to see what V8ST teams and their sponsors think about this letter.
I have to agree here, whats the point of making it public & then not letting him have the right of reply??? If there is nothing to hide and both parties seem happy to have it on Facebook, then why not at least let both parties put their versions up? Would certainly would put many of the awful rumours to bed about he said/she said...

Sorry V8ST you just lost points in my book.
Old 12 May 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3405221)   #5
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
I have to agree here, whats the point of making it public & then not letting him have the right of reply???
I have no idea what's going on here.

Are there any links or has everything been taken down?
Old 12 May 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3405226)   #6
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I have no idea what's going on here.

Are there any links or has everything been taken down?
it was on the ST facebook page

apparently Booth has posted a reply
Old 12 May 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3405268)   #7
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
it was on the ST facebook page

apparently Booth has posted a reply
Still on their page,
HAD posted reply's , these was removed almost immediately by V8ST.
Old 12 May 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3405271)   #8
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Thanks guys, I'll go and take look.
Old 12 May 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3405275)   #9
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
I found it, thanks.
Old 12 May 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3405282)   #10
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
this reply from Booth seems to be all over the place now..

"Open letter to V8 Supertourers" Please share this post.
Hi V8ST’s. It’s disappointing that my reply to your open letter addressed to me has been removed twice from your Facebook page.
Firstly yes I have spoken to some V8ST teams. I speak to other teams in other classes also as it’s good to keep in contact and get to know them and them me. This is what sport in all about I thought?

NZV8TC members arranged a meeting with Ray Noonan late last year in Auckland for a round table to discuss ways to move forward. We felt the discussions were good and Ray was going to come back to NZV8TC with a proposal the following week. To date we have not received anything?
We were contacted by Gary Lathrope from Motorsport & Event Operations mid February asking if we could field a grid of TL cars to support the V8ST’s on the weekend of 22-23 March (this was a new date added to the V8ST calendar after the NZGP meeting at Manfeild was confirmed). Unfortunately many of our TL Teams were on tight budgets after travelling down South and the NZGP meeting plus it was in between our Taupo round and the V8 Supercar events. We just didn’t have enough TL cars with budgets to do this extra race meeting.

I visited the V8ST race meeting in March to catch up with the V8ST’s and this was when I also spoke to Lyall Williamson to discuss possible future race meetings together. We had a productive chat and decided to continue discussions the following week at his Auckland office. We met again 2 weeks later at his office. Lyall explained to me that Bevan Trotman (who I met briefly at Lyall’s office) was working on their calendar and he would come back to me within 1 or 2 weeks. NZV8TC still hasn’t received proposal or communication from V8ST’s?

NZV8TC and MSNZ are also working on a workable 2014-15 race calendar and I’m sure most people would like to see both V8 classes race line up at some of those meetings. I seem to be the only one between the two V8 groups actively trying to get something together and now I’m contacted through the V8ST Facebook page via an “Open letter”.

This NZV8TC group that I’m Chairman for are a great bunch of people to be involved with. They don’t have endless pots of money but they are having fun. It’s also very affordable and it allows many young drivers the opportunity to further their V8 careers whether that be in a TLX, V8ST or Australian V8 Supercar.
For those who don’t know me well, in the past I’ve been involved in several other sports at either a competitor or coaching level. This include Yachting (competitive sailor and youth coach), Rugby (player and coach), BMX (rider NZ3 and North Island #1), and Motorsport (Pre65, Targa, OSCAR, GT, North Island Endurance racing + NZV8’s). I was not involved with any of the Bull@#$T that happened in the past and those who do know me over many years of Motorsport know I only want what’s good for the future of V8 racing in NZ.

I look forward in further discussions with the V8ST in the very near future.
Ian Booth
Director (Chairman)
Old 12 May 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3405297)   #11
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
this reply from Booth seems to be all over the place now..

"Open letter to V8 Supertourers" Please share this post.
Hi V8ST’s. It’s disappointing that my reply to your open letter addressed to me has been removed twice from your Facebook page.
Firstly yes I have spoken to some V8ST teams. I speak to other teams in other classes also as it’s good to keep in contact and get to know them and them me. This is what sport in all about I thought?

NZV8TC members arranged a meeting with Ray Noonan late last year in Auckland for a round table to discuss ways to move forward. We felt the discussions were good and Ray was going to come back to NZV8TC with a proposal the following week. To date we have not received anything?
We were contacted by Gary Lathrope from Motorsport & Event Operations mid February asking if we could field a grid of TL cars to support the V8ST’s on the weekend of 22-23 March (this was a new date added to the V8ST calendar after the NZGP meeting at Manfeild was confirmed). Unfortunately many of our TL Teams were on tight budgets after travelling down South and the NZGP meeting plus it was in between our Taupo round and the V8 Supercar events. We just didn’t have enough TL cars with budgets to do this extra race meeting.

I visited the V8ST race meeting in March to catch up with the V8ST’s and this was when I also spoke to Lyall Williamson to discuss possible future race meetings together. We had a productive chat and decided to continue discussions the following week at his Auckland office. We met again 2 weeks later at his office. Lyall explained to me that Bevan Trotman (who I met briefly at Lyall’s office) was working on their calendar and he would come back to me within 1 or 2 weeks. NZV8TC still hasn’t received proposal or communication from V8ST’s?

NZV8TC and MSNZ are also working on a workable 2014-15 race calendar and I’m sure most people would like to see both V8 classes race line up at some of those meetings. I seem to be the only one between the two V8 groups actively trying to get something together and now I’m contacted through the V8ST Facebook page via an “Open letter”.

This NZV8TC group that I’m Chairman for are a great bunch of people to be involved with. They don’t have endless pots of money but they are having fun. It’s also very affordable and it allows many young drivers the opportunity to further their V8 careers whether that be in a TLX, V8ST or Australian V8 Supercar.
For those who don’t know me well, in the past I’ve been involved in several other sports at either a competitor or coaching level. This include Yachting (competitive sailor and youth coach), Rugby (player and coach), BMX (rider NZ3 and North Island #1), and Motorsport (Pre65, Targa, OSCAR, GT, North Island Endurance racing + NZV8’s). I was not involved with any of the Bull@#$T that happened in the past and those who do know me over many years of Motorsport know I only want what’s good for the future of V8 racing in NZ.

I look forward in further discussions with the V8ST in the very near future.
Ian Booth
Director (Chairman)
Thanks for that Maxi - not really sure why that post was deleted?! Seems positive to me.
Old 12 May 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3405300)   #12
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
who knows?? maybe the answer is to boycott events. I bet egos would be put to one side.. if no one shows up to these subpar meetings. this has gone on way too long! I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is sick of it!
Old 12 May 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3405310)   #13
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Can't say I've been to any events this year
Old 12 May 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3405315)   #14
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
well.. you're not missing much.

hell I even got free tickets to the GP from a ST team LMAO I thought that was rather amusing haha
Old 12 May 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3405589)   #15
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Thanks for that Maxi - not really sure why that post was deleted?! Seems positive to me.
And it continues, more comments have been deleted, some of those quoting Ian's reply's.
If they havn't got the guts to accept valid responsive comments they should stop stirring the ****.
And they call themselves professional.
Old 12 May 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3405594)   #16
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't help thinking that if vehicles powered with an engine of more than seven cylinders were banned from NZ Motorsport there would be nothing left to discuss on pretty much any NZ based motorsport forum.
Old 12 May 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3405598)   #17
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
in the NZ based... vehicles powered with an engine with less than seven cylinders news

I heard these two had an okay weekend
Old 12 May 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3405613)   #18
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
And it continues, more comments have been deleted, some of those quoting Ian's reply's.
If they havn't got the guts to accept valid responsive comments they should stop stirring the ****.
And they call themselves professional.
From the sounds of this below, not only have they been deleting comments but also publically dissing their "fans'.

As this gets stirred up even further in social media, this is an extract from a reply on facebook relating to this all. I don't know the guy who posted this, and not a name I have heard of linked to either V8ST or NZV8's, but obviously a motorsport fan...

Next we had the new Series appearing at the worst track in the North Island for Spectating.. and more than once... and of course, like me, people stayed away after the first dismal meeting, in their hundreds and thousands... You had a Race meeting where most of the RACing could not be seen, you had a race Meeting with very little in the way of support racing, and the coup de grace for spectators...? WATCHING other people milling about on the GRID, in amongst the cars and Teams, I dunno, making out they were more important than the hundred or so poor sods that were in the stands and around the track, WAITING for something to happen in the way of car racing... TV seems to demand far too much in the way of setting Race times and poor old long suffering joe in the Stands just waits and waits and kicks his heals and shouts at the kids who have had more than enough.... All this 'Elite' crap just does not work in little old N Zed. at a 'home' track. Bring out the Mighty engined rip roaring tyre burning Mustangs and Comaros etc, that breath smoke, fire and brimstone, and have voices to frighten even Beelzebub away and you can see the spectator mood change......

A final straw for me.? After voicing some of my opinions, and you KNOW that I am polite, and fair, and balanced, even if you think me wrong, on a facebook page that had something to do with the V8ST, I get a personal attack on me, a banning of further comment from me, an Ernest and insistent desire that I NOT spend my $40.00 at the next Pukekohe Meeting because they really didnt want or need people with opinions different to theirs. I was so taken aback, and so shocked, that I kept that Facebook post so that I could read it a few more times, so that I could convince myself that it was not a dream or a nightmare put out by some anti V8ST club.. I still have it too.. word for word. It told ME that I was not welcome at a V8ST meeting and they didnt NEED my money.... "

Sorry V8ST but very very unprofessional
Old 12 May 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3405637)   #19
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is amazing! ST are fast running out of people to **** off.
Old 12 May 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3405643)   #20
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This whole ridiculous new drama (aired on FACEBOOK FFS!, how unprofessional can you get...) comes across as a poor mans low grade budget z-list version of the IRL- Champcar split.

Absolutely pathetic.
Old 12 May 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3405652)   #21
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Back on track..... I predict Murph to lift the cup in 2015.
Old 12 May 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3405658)   #22
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I would suggest that it is not Ray Noonan who is writing their FB page - but whoever it is needs to pull their head in, as ST are being made to look like monkeys by that individual.

Would be a good idea not to insult your fans I would think.
Old 12 May 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3405660)   #23
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Ugy;3405652]Back on track..... I predict Murph to lift the cup in 2015.[/QUOTE

All the early money will be on him for sure
Old 13 May 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3405664)   #24
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmacnzl View Post
This whole ridiculous new drama (aired on FACEBOOK FFS!, how unprofessional can you get...) comes across as a poor mans low grade budget z-list version of the IRL- Champcar split.

Absolutely pathetic.
when was it professional? lol this whole thing has been silly from the start. maybe this is a good thing. maybe now the hard headed people that are involved will see just how stupid this ****ing contest is in the eyes of those who they are trying to impress.. the fans.
Old 13 May 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3405665)   #25
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
From the sounds of this below, not only have they been deleting comments but also publically dissing their "fans'.

As this gets stirred up even further in social media, this is an extract from a reply on facebook relating to this all. I don't know the guy who posted this, and not a name I have heard of linked to either V8ST or NZV8's, but obviously a motorsport fan...

Next we had the new Series appearing at the worst track in the North Island for Spectating.. and more than once... and of course, like me, people stayed away after the first dismal meeting, in their hundreds and thousands... You had a Race meeting where most of the RACing could not be seen, you had a race Meeting with very little in the way of support racing, and the coup de grace for spectators...? WATCHING other people milling about on the GRID, in amongst the cars and Teams, I dunno, making out they were more important than the hundred or so poor sods that were in the stands and around the track, WAITING for something to happen in the way of car racing... TV seems to demand far too much in the way of setting Race times and poor old long suffering joe in the Stands just waits and waits and kicks his heals and shouts at the kids who have had more than enough.... All this 'Elite' crap just does not work in little old N Zed. at a 'home' track. Bring out the Mighty engined rip roaring tyre burning Mustangs and Comaros etc, that breath smoke, fire and brimstone, and have voices to frighten even Beelzebub away and you can see the spectator mood change......

A final straw for me.? After voicing some of my opinions, and you KNOW that I am polite, and fair, and balanced, even if you think me wrong, on a facebook page that had something to do with the V8ST, I get a personal attack on me, a banning of further comment from me, an Ernest and insistent desire that I NOT spend my $40.00 at the next Pukekohe Meeting because they really didnt want or need people with opinions different to theirs. I was so taken aback, and so shocked, that I kept that Facebook post so that I could read it a few more times, so that I could convince myself that it was not a dream or a nightmare put out by some anti V8ST club.. I still have it too.. word for word. It told ME that I was not welcome at a V8ST meeting and they didnt NEED my money.... "

Sorry V8ST but very very unprofessional
turns away a paying fan.. yet gives away a ton of free tickets so the stands don't look empty? :/