Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:05 (Ref:815569)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Second PMR car in 2004

It would seem there has been talk of running a second PMR car in 2004 and it could be driven by a 'Holden' Endurance driver from 2003. It all depends on extra sponsorship and some technical assistance from Holden. The driver concerned would not have to move residence to be close to the PMR outfit. And no, it is not Tony Longhurst.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:08 (Ref:815575)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I presume this is Paul Morris' team?

There are currently no plans to run a 2nd car from there in the short or medium term, despite having been approached by several people looking to buy cars, preparation services, parts and technical assistance.

Having said that, the PMM team will offer a level of technical support to the Smiths Trucks Konica entry to be driven by Alan Gurr in 2004. This car is capable of a lot of speed, it remains to be seen if the driver and team can unlock that pace.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:12 (Ref:815583)   #3
pete55
Veteran

They will have to run a second car if they get the second franchise though unless they have someone prepared to run the second car.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:21 (Ref:815603)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well we shall see. It seems that the TEGA rules were varied at the start of this season such that a L1 team does not need to constitute 2 cars any more.

For example, if LRT were to want to sell the 2nd franchise licence slot to Team Noske, they would be able to do so, with both sides retaining L1 status, income, voting rights etc etc

Conceptually if the Morris case is successful (and I suspect it will be), the win will see the franchise licence slot status upgraded from L2 to L1, with the improvement in franchise/appearance fee income, a vote at the TEGA board level, more seats at the awards ceremony and whatever else is the difference between L1 and L2 franchise licence slots.

TEGA should be working towards this anyway, to remove the non-competitive participants from the franchise pool, then upgrading the rest of the franchise licence slots to the same L1 status in all the ways described above.

Had TEGA not piddled away their $1m on the SHRT witch hunt, they could possibly have taken 2 L2 franchises out of the game by now....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:29 (Ref:815616)   #5
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As we all know there have been a few L2 franchises on the market, and of course the PMM vs The World legal case is yet to be decided, this may end up in their favour (take a look at some recent decisions by the courst ).

As for possible partners, there was a rumour that JF gained his bathurst drive with the team cos he was committed to paying for a drive with them this year????

Other possabilities:-
Jason Not-so (unlikely), Cam McLean (would be good to see in a full time drive), Tomas (same same), and Marcus Marshall a maybe as well??????
Old 19 Dec 2003, 06:24 (Ref:815786)   #6
pete55
Veteran

rdmdog, one of those you mentioned is one i heard may have had talks with the Morris Team either that or a manufacturer representative or management representative that had the talks.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 06:41 (Ref:815795)   #7
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright is staying where he is.
Cam is talking to a few people, just like he did for this year.
Tomas, no idea.
JF no.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:20 (Ref:815839)   #8
pete55
Veteran

Sevi, i was talking about Cam. Seems like he may not be the only one pushing his barrow though.