Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Aug 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3115095)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Tomas Enge suspended from the sport .

Bloody disgrace this is !!! 18 months .............

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-12288.html
Old 2 Aug 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3115108)   #2
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18 months is a long time to be hanging!
Old 2 Aug 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3115140)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Especially if he is banned for taking cardiovasculair medicins instead of performance enhancing substances. Hopefully his appeal will be succesfull!
Old 2 Aug 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3115156)   #4
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Especially if he is banned for taking cardiovasculair medicins instead of performance enhancing substances. Hopefully his appeal will be succesfull!
Yeah I think thats disgraceful if the medecine is for cardiovascular purposes and is not performance enhancing. Well at least he looks better out of this then last time...
Old 2 Aug 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3115286)   #5
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
There is something quite wrong here, if it was cause of a medicine, why such a long punishement, if in cycling even if as an example, in the Tour of France Miguel indurain was permitted the use of "Ventolin" for the Asthma, and here where doping is a few less relevant Enge is not permitted a Medicine.

Something is wrong here or someone is lying.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3115288)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
There is something quite wrong here, if it was cause of a medicine, why such a long punishement, if in cycling even if as an example, in the Tour of France Miguel indurain was permitted the use of "Ventolin" for the Asthma, and here where doping is a few less relevant Enge is not permitted a Medicine.

Something is wrong here or someone is lying.
Nah, Indurain was what - 20? - years ago? I think they have just tightened the screws in recent years.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3115290)   #7
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Nah, Indurain was what - 20? - years ago? I think they have just tightened the screws in recent years.
Hey, anyway this is Motorsports, this is not cycling or athletism (Where doping has a huge relevance afecting the results, and why is so well pursued), i can't really understand what's going on here if he has a few sense of reason, maybe the quantities of the positive denies his reasons (Like contador), or the FIA is terribly wrong.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3115313)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I thought he was caught with Tetrahydrocannabinol in his blood test ?!?!?!
Old 2 Aug 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3115326)   #9
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Wow, Really cardiovascular aid...
Old 2 Aug 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3115330)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

Well , it does make you feel better !!!

Used for patients who suffer from loss of appetite , cancer , stress and lots more too .
Old 2 Aug 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3115339)   #11
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , it does make you feel better !!!

Used for patients who suffer from loss of appetite , cancer , stress and lots more too .
And makes the Lambo 5 seconds x lap faster at rain, it has not been studied enough xD...

Last edited by urdragon; 2 Aug 2012 at 18:46.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3115471)   #12
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tomas, Tomas, Tomas..
Old 3 Aug 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3115483)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

Its ok for the alcoholics in motorsport to pedel their cars around the tracks though !!!
Old 3 Aug 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3115487)   #14
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As long as they don't drink and drive . Raikkonen doesn't have any real issues.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3116142)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Its ok for the alcoholics in motorsport to pedel their cars around the tracks though !!!
Have there been drunk drivers racing!? (i'm honestly asking)

I know for a fact that FIA has a 0/00 limit for all participants of racing (I'm a marshall, so it goes for me too)
Old 4 Aug 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3116144)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think that's absolutely outrageous. I hope it's overturned.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3116153)   #17
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Agreed. Particularly as there's no decent case for performance enhancement (which is the primary - at least, original - reasoning for drug-related restrictions within sport).

Can anyone honestly prove he's gained an advantage via use of this specific substance?
Old 5 Aug 2012, 01:26 (Ref:3116174)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

I know for a fact that FIA has a 0/00 limit for all participants of racing (I'm a marshall, so it goes for me too)
Im pretty sure there has been a few had a session the night before , but Ive never heard of any being caught .
Old 5 Aug 2012, 01:30 (Ref:3116175)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Me too ..... but there are people who feel that his ability will be impaired by it . I believe that could be the case if he has a smoke just before getting the car ..... but , it wares off quicker than booze does .

Its just the high and mighty flexing their muscles again .

Or possibliy its about bringing the sport into disrepute ? But its fine for the head of the Fia , then Max Mosley , getting his arse flaked by a pair of dykes in Nazi uniform ..... LMAO !!!

Wonder what would happen if there was a race in Holland , where it is legal , and someone got caught ..... he didnt break the law then , did he ???

Always an Enge fan , and always will be . This stinks .

Well , at least he has 18 months to completely enjoy himself without having to worry about the powers that be !!!
Old 5 Aug 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3116229)   #20
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well , at least he has 18 months to completely enjoy himself without having to worry about the powers that be !!!
There could be an opening for him at Penske
Old 5 Aug 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3116239)   #21
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Im pretty sure there has been a few had a session the night before , but Ive never heard of any being caught .
As a race official, I can confirm that they can and ARE barred from racing, but usually this is at the club racer level, not international.

Even marshals can and are breathalysed at events, like Le Mans.

You probably won't get to hear about this when it happens, no-one goes out looking for negative publicity.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3116487)   #22
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As much as I am a fan of his on track, this is a second drug failure.

First apparently passive cannabis smoking (mmm, ok...)
Now a medicine that he had asked clearance for, not received but used it anyway

Drugs are bad - thems the rules
Old 6 Aug 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3116684)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Not ALL drugs are bad. But some get a better press than others...

I have no issue if you are being prescibed something for a medical condition, so long as it is acceptable to the authorities where you race.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3116688)   #24
verde
Rookie

Brazil
verde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

Frenchman Jules Goux won 1913 Indy 500 race after drinking a entire bottle of champanhe along with his mechanic (at that time, driver and mechanic shared the car) EVERY TIME he stopped for refueling.

I remember that back in 60s some drivers used to go racing in Le Mans 24h after drinking as well. Maybe it's more common than we could ever inquire.

PS: Niki Lauda told he once drove under the effect of weed.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3116709)   #25
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I read a Le Mans story of how somebody lost his drive on the Friday (car written off in qually perhaps?) so went out on the town carousing til dawn; then got called up in the morning to replace another driver, raced with no sleep and a BIG hangover.... might have been Duncan Hamilton?