Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jan 2018, 06:32 (Ref:3795196)   #121
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
There have been exceptions like factory PRO Aston Martin rejected for reserves in 2012 but yes you are right they won't be
That was after the AMR-One debacle in '11, don't forget. One might see it as the ACO punishing Aston for building such a **** car.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 06:39 (Ref:3795198)   #122
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Anyway I'm glad Risi is co-entering with Keating's automatic entry as that means one less GTE as whole requesting entry and competing against potential LMP2 spots in the que
Have to say, although I too have a strong bias towards prototypes, I'm actually disappointed by that announcement. I love watching the single Risi entry in Pro taking on the multiple entries of the factories. I shall miss that.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3795206)   #123
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That was after the AMR-One debacle in '11, don't forget. One might see it as the ACO punishing Aston for building such a **** car.
Well Victor, it might of been a dreadful car but it sounded good when it ran and probably added thousands to the gate and the ACO will have loved that, The reasons for the latter treatment of AM is unlikely to be related to that and after all the AM GT cars have a good record.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3795273)   #124
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Have to say, although I too have a strong bias towards prototypes, I'm actually disappointed by that announcement. I love watching the single Risi entry in Pro taking on the multiple entries of the factories. I shall miss that.
I agree.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3795406)   #125
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC has reported that there is the potential for a GTE-Pro entry from Risi still.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...ock-notes.html
Old 27 Jan 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3795414)   #126
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
DSC has reported that there is the potential for a GTE-Pro entry from Risi still.

Cool, at least there's hope then.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3795437)   #127
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that really depends on Ferrari wanting 2 or 3 PRO cars...
Old 27 Jan 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3795441)   #128
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I guess that really depends on Ferrari wanting 2 or 3 PRO cars...
A couple of years ago it was Risi vs the Ford hordes, so if there are going to be 4 Fords and 4 Porches they may well want some back up.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3795482)   #129
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Fantastic!!! I hope to see Risi in GTE Pro
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3796660)   #130
Mike E
Veteran

I thought Lammers in the Nederland car was a done deal already, but maybe not.

Also due to run at Spa at least.

"I may still be quick for my age, but if after Le Mans a fast and young successor will be available, I will step back in the interest of the team and the results."

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...e-mans-lineup/
Old 30 Jan 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3796831)   #131
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso confirmed, according to Autosport

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...ut-with-toyota
Old 30 Jan 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3796832)   #132
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Alonso confirmed, according to Autosport

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...ut-with-toyota
Confirmed by McLaren too. https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...m_campaign=WEC

Raises the question: which one of Toyota's drivers will step aside?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Toyota_Hybrid/st...01312071995394 Davidson has been sidelined, Alonso to join Buemi and Nakajima in the #8.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 30 Jan 2018 at 10:33.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3796858)   #133
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Be really interesting to see how Alonso stacks up against Kaz and Buemi as ex F1 drivers.

There’ll be an assumption that Alonso will blow them out of the water, but I’m not so sure, at least not straight away.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3796933)   #134
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Be really interesting to see how Alonso stacks up against Kaz and Buemi as ex F1 drivers.

Thereíll be an assumption that Alonso will blow them out of the water, but Iím not so sure, at least not straight away.
I'd assume they would be very similar on pace.
After all, that would be best for Toyota and all 3 concerned - if they want to win
Old 30 Jan 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3797000)   #135
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Thereíll be an assumption that Alonso will blow them out of the water, but Iím not so sure, at least not straight away.
Do you mean from mainstream press? If so I would agree wholeheartedly. But I think everyone familiar with sportscars at least would be aware of the transition and adjustments, and the fact that even Alonso would not be up to speed immediately.

Equally importantly, they (we) would also know that Nakajima & Buemi are brilliant LMP drivers in their own right.