Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Dec 2003, 08:13 (Ref:807253)   #51
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
(BTW - the term 'mate' is reserved for people I know and people I call friends...)
Sorry for being Australian...
Old 9 Dec 2003, 10:49 (Ref:807357)   #52
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn - and there was me thinking all Westies had seceded already...
Old 9 Dec 2003, 14:00 (Ref:807488)   #53
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GTR Sandown is a lot closer, how many teams test there
Old 9 Dec 2003, 21:25 (Ref:807800)   #54
RaceTime
Veteran

Sandown has two problems though - limit on number of days it can be used and the AJC.

Interestingly had a conversation about Sandown during last weekends Formula SAE-A - they are looking for a permanent venue for the event and Sandown had been considered - until they realised the extent of Davisons contract to run the venue (2 years) and the stated objective of the AJC to close down Sandown and relocate it to another, yet to be decided/built, venue away from a population centre Sandown now finds itself closed in by.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 23:06 (Ref:807882)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Horse race tracks are quite odd in their thinking. I would have assumed it would make sense to try and create a multi-use venue rather than limit it to horse racing every 2nd week and maybe an exhibition every few months.

I can see a lot of sense in keeping Sandown, expanding their motorsport, not contracting it, and making the CAMS HQ part of a race circuit (its not that far away in geographic distance now)

Unless the plan is housing again, and it would be worth a mint based on the size
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Dec 2003, 23:33 (Ref:807895)   #56
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pukekohe (Being based around a Horse Track) are having problems now. Most of the people who run the horse tracj (Counties Racing Club) think the track is only used a couple of weekends a year so don't see the point in it and want it gone. But it is used 300 days a year! I believe the motorsport track has a lease through till 2011. TC has said that the track is to go in 2006 hence the reason for the venue change. But it's not going and the manager of the circuit doesn't know where TC got that info from.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 05:12 (Ref:808027)   #57
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

I didn't think that TC thinks that the Pukekohe track is going (from what I have read), more that the new horse racing facilities being built will intefere with the areas needed for the race weekend (maybe stables in the wrong place or something??).

Last edited by Tracy; 10 Dec 2003 at 05:20.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 05:43 (Ref:808031)   #58
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that teams can test on it but for what value is debatable as there is no round there,I think a few a Konica teams did this year.Great for sorting a car out for bumps!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 10 Dec 2003, 05:45 (Ref:808032)   #59
RaceTime
Veteran

Crash - you have to face facts that horse racing is a money industry - motor racing isn't. Given that as a basis, the two will never comfortably live side by side.

One of the other problems is that for a motor race meeting to be run, a lot of the work that the jockey clubs put into these venues gets damaged - sometimes irretrievably - and who can blame them when a F5000 decides to turn right down the main straight and plough through their lovely roses?

But seriously - you have two completely different sporting worlds trying to say 'It should be done this way' and fighting over it all the time.

Whilst the public face of Sandown is all niceness, it isn't always that way.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 05:59 (Ref:808036)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the horse racing club needs to get entrepreneurial and use their event management expertise built up over many years to run motor racing events. I would have thought that a progressive club might embrace this as an opportunity for the future to expand outside their self-induced paradigms?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods