Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Dec 2003, 05:19 (Ref:812760)   #51
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime your such a know all, give or take a year I've been a very longtime Skaife supporter. That wasn't the point that I was saying anyway but because you are so perfect I better make sure I don't make a typo. Give me a Break. It's pointless going on with this topic as I'm wasting my time replying to the same ones all the time. There are however some who talk common sence, (Wizzby) is one of them.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 05:44 (Ref:812771)   #52
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Puhlease - come back down to earth....couple of things for you to get straight.

You had made a sure-fire statement that Skaife started with Gibson in 1989/90 - considering this was 2 years out of whack it needed to be corrected (and, incidentally, this has been discussed in a number of different threads in here in the last 6 months)

And yes - you are replying to the same ones all the time - but as for Wizzby talking common sense (with an s btw) - you have got to be joking??? He/She is so one eyed that it isn't funny any more. No matter what the topic is with him/her it very soon degenerates into a one sided discussion about how good Skaife is.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:19 (Ref:812783)   #53
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The interesting part of all of this is that it may well have been flame bait and look how far it's gone.

It's actually ok to follow Mark Skaife if you like. Anyone can follow whomever they want but keep the other eye open and accept that there are others who don't agree and never will.

Alternatively, join up to www.cyclops.blinkered.areyou

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:38 (Ref:812789)   #54
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be carefull about who you hero worship, in my years of following motor racing I have known racing drivers that do things that their fans would not believe.
The bloke who's T shirt that you ware with pride could be the bloke that goes home and punches his wife!
A lot of drivers are very different to their on screen personality.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:49 (Ref:812797)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the hero punches his wife he deserves the punishment coming to him to the full extent of the law. No excuses.

The only cute looking one eyed thing floating around is Mike from Monster's Inc... and I dont think there is anyone fitting his description here..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:04 (Ref:812807)   #56
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
The interesting part of all of this is that it may well have been flame bait and look how far it's gone.

It's actually ok to follow Mark Skaife if you like. Anyone can follow whomever they want but keep the other eye open and accept that there are others who don't agree and never will.

Alternatively, join up to www.cyclops.blinkered.areyou
I did wonder who complained to the site owners about this thread .But yes the same old skaife brigade that never seem to let the truth get in way of a good arguement .Race time and others - beware questioning the integrity of one mark skaife
Old 16 Dec 2003, 07:12 (Ref:812817)   #57
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not me!

I like to see anything and everything discussed on here.

I'm no wowser

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:15 (Ref:812889)   #58
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mattracer
Not me!

I like to see anything and everything discussed on here.

I'm no wowser
[/QUO
i agree
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:27 (Ref:812895)   #59
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobo high
I did wonder who complained to the site owners about this thread .But yes the same old skaife brigade that never seem to let the truth get in way of a good arguement .Race time and others - beware questioning the integrity of one mark skaife
Funny how you want to pick me specifically.

I am willing to discuss anything - but not to the extent that certain few people can see absolutely no wrong with their idol - to the point where if your eyes are blue, you wear a blue jacket or underwear you are obviously anti-Skaife.

And - for the record - I have worked with Skaife and the teams he has been employed with since back in the middle 80's - I have my opinions of him and others - but they are MY opinions and do not get discussed with anyone else period.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:39 (Ref:812905)   #60
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
but as for Wizzby talking common sense (with an s btw) - you have got to be joking??? He/She is so one eyed that it isn't funny any more. No matter what the topic is with him/her it very soon degenerates into a one sided discussion about how good Skaife is.
He is very definately a she, and I guess commenting that Mark is an impatient prick who is far from perfect on more than one occasion is one eyed. Also, a few people seemed to have missed my congratulations to Ambrose for the championship, my disappointment at Lowndes not winning the Barry Sheene medal despite Mark being nominated (and probably shouldn't have been) amongst many of my other posts. There's also quite a few posts which do not mention Mark at all, but of course nobody reads those, and they were probably written by someone pretending to be me Please don't talk about certain people being one eyed unless you're willing to cop it back.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:41 (Ref:812907)   #61
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
Too true, it's just a shame that some people can't open that eye when it comes to Mark either
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:43 (Ref:812908)   #62
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
MS has always been polite to me, and I have seen him at his worst during this season in a number of situations at a number of tracks....
Even more proof that not everyone can be perfect all the time
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:45 (Ref:812910)   #63
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wizzby
He is very definately a she, and I guess commenting that Mark is an impatient prick who is far from perfect on more than one occasion is one eyed. Also, a few people seemed to have missed my congratulations to Ambrose for the championship, my disappointment at Lowndes not winning the Barry Sheene medal despite Mark being nominated (and probably shouldn't have been) amongst many of my other posts. There's also quite a few posts which do not mention Mark at all, but of course nobody reads those, and they were probably written by someone pretending to be me Please don't talk about certain people being one eyed unless you're willing to cop it back.
the way i look at it is you are first a skaife fan who sometimes gets carried away but also a motor sport fan
i my self are an ambrose fan and have probably done the same as you
i don't think it is wrong but just shows who you go for.
if no one did this life and this forum would get boring
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:48 (Ref:812913)   #64
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Exactly right, I have to stick up for Mark because if I don't it's pretty damn hard to find someone else that will! And it's very easy to call someone one eyed, especially if their opinion doesn't match with yours. It's just strange that most of the time the person calling someone else one-eyed is normally guilty themselves, in opposite direction
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:25 (Ref:812941)   #65
RaceTime
Veteran

mtpanorama or Crash - isn't it about time this thread got merged with the other 'Mark is great' thread or scrapped??? It is getiting too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive, too repetitive.....
Old 16 Dec 2003, 11:49 (Ref:812987)   #66
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better than merge it, ill just close it and let it fall off the page.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 16 Dec 2003, 11:54 (Ref:812991)   #67
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobo high
Oh and hobo, no one complained about this thread. How many times do you have to be asked to lift your game around here.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Closed Thread