Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1335720)   #1
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Let us all send emails to FIA/Petition thread (merged)

and call for the resignation of the dictator general Max Mosely who I and many believe is destroying F1.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1335724)   #2
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How exactly is he "destroying" F1? What are you talking about?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1335728)   #3
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Max constantly interefering with the sport, his constant bullying and introducing a raft of technical changes, and the fiasco on sunday, no one is more responsible for this than mad max!

He had the ultimate say, and for the sake of bringing f1 into disrepute he should have backed down and played a more active part in making a real race happen!

Max is clearly responsible and he should resign...
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1335731)   #4
GVROK
Rookie

GVROK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How old are Max and Bernie ? when do they retire ?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1335736)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've sent an email to the FIA, praising them for upholding the rules on Sunday and not being bullied by the teams into doing anything unfair or irregular.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1335744)   #6
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with KB on this one.

michelin wanted handouts that simply cannot happen
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1335750)   #7
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I've sent an email to the FIA, praising them for upholding the rules on Sunday and not being bullied by the teams into doing anything unfair or irregular.
I don't understand why anyone would want to praise the FIA following the US fiasco.

Sure, i agree that Michelin caused the whole mess by inexplicably arriving at the circuit with unsafe tyres, but as the governing body the FIA could and should have come up with a workable solution whereby Michelin were punished and the race went ahead.

Max does seem to have lost control over F1, and his decisions are being increasingly influenced by certain large teams.

He should have allowed Michelin to fly in their safe tyres as requested and let them use them. He should have then given the Michelin drivers grid penalties so that the Bridgestone users occupied the first three rows, and then after the race he should have given Michelin a large fine, an even larger rollicking & a threat of expulsion should anything similar happen again. If Ferrari weren't happy with this solution, who cares? The FIA should be telling them what to do, not asking them.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1335753)   #8
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Please give me their email-address, and i'll write theml a message too.

It's always everybody else's fault. They were the only ones who could assure a safe race, and failed to deliver. They are as much to blame as anyone else.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1335761)   #9
Anunnaki
Rookie

Anunnaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Register Your Disgust

http://www.petitiononline.com/maxfia/

Regardless of what you think about the effectiveness of internet petitions, this is certainly one way to let the FIA know what you think. Please sign and show your support.

Also, please, if you don't agree with the petition, don't add silly comments. Start your own petition asking Max to stay or something.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1335766)   #10
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA and Max need a good kicking not praise. Michelin were tripped up by the new cut surface. Teams were prepared to move back on the grid and miss out on points to see the race go ahead.
A mistake was made and admitted to and a dangerous sittuation prevented by Michelin ,an honourable thing to do.
May be Max and the FIA would rather Michelin had kept quiet and seen a driver or two killed or mamed or a martial or member of the public killed by a car breaking up.
FIA and Max showed no honour in the way they dealt with Michelins honesty or the way they treated the paying US public the world wide viewers or the advertisers that pay for the whole F1 circus. Max and Bernie are both past the UK retirement age of 65 and their actions at the weekend proved they should both go.
If the rules of the FIA our so good and they want to prevent F1 disrepute as they threatened BAR with they should have rules to cover 1 off mistakes or unusual problems. They traeated Michelin and the Teams with contempt and again handed Ferrari and their beloved Schumi a leg up whilst pouring Sh 1 t on the fans.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1335774)   #11
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN
FIA and Max need a good kicking not praise. Michelin were tripped up by the new cut surface. Teams were prepared to move back on the grid and miss out on points to see the race go ahead.
A mistake was made and admitted to and a dangerous sittuation prevented by Michelin ,an honourable thing to do.
May be Max and the FIA would rather Michelin had kept quiet and seen a driver or two killed or mamed or a martial or member of the public killed by a car breaking up.
FIA and Max showed no honour in the way they dealt with Michelins honesty or the way they treated the paying US public the world wide viewers or the advertisers that pay for the whole F1 circus. Max and Bernie are both past the UK retirement age of 65 and their actions at the weekend proved they should both go.
If the rules of the FIA our so good and they want to prevent F1 disrepute as they threatened BAR with they should have rules to cover 1 off mistakes or unusual problems. They traeated Michelin and the Teams with contempt and again handed Ferrari and their beloved Schumi a leg up whilst pouring Sh 1 t on the fans.
Well said CATMAN.

they should have rules to cover 1 off mistakes or unusual problems - they have - it's known as force majeure.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1335781)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've added my name to this petition, as I feel that the buck stops with the FIA - it was their responsibility to invoke force majeure and ensure that a race took place - Michelin would have gained no advantage from this.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1335785)   #13
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ps.
CATMAN is not a rookie here, I am an old veteran from the earlier days of 10/10's. I only get to call by when back in the UK on business.
Max is getting to carried away. F1 has always been expensive. He has lost the plot and shoud go asa quickly as poss and take his F1 lawn mower engine ideas with him.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1335788)   #14
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Mosley must resign, but not because the debacle of Sunday. He should resign because of the ridiculous regulations.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1335796)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Max is constantly interfering with the sport.
He's the boss of the FIA. That's his job.

I can understand the frustration every F1 fan feels, and I can understand that many will blame the FIA. But I'm not entirely sure how else it could have turned out if the FIA had done anything different. And at least the 'disrepute' charge might help focus the post mortem into that FIA session rather allowing it to rumble on indefinitely.

Nobody comes out of this mess smelling of roses, but the usual automatic reaction of Sack the Board! isn't necessarily the right one.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1335798)   #16
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if bridgestone had brought faulty tyres - and rather than solve the problem they and ferrari had asked, and were given, a chicane or some sort of dispensation by the FIA....well i'm just trying to imagine the meltdown on this board and in mr.mosleys email inbox..
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1335810)   #17
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunnaki
http://www.petitiononline.com/maxfia/

Regardless of what you think about the effectiveness of internet petitions, this is certainly one way to let the FIA know what you think. Please sign and show your support.

Also, please, if you don't agree with the petition, don't add silly comments. Start your own petition asking Max to stay or something.
Such a shame we can't read the signatures or the comments.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1335821)   #18
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michelin turn up with unsafe equipment, and that's Max's fault. Oh yea - that figures.

Bridgestone came with tyres that were the correct compromise for a twisty track that also has a super fast and demanding section. Just how any of you guys think it would be fair to make them run those same tyres on what would then become a purely low speed corner race is beyond me. Maybe you just don't understand how tyres work.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1335832)   #19
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
What is the FIA's email adress?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1335836)   #20
Hip Priest
Racer

Not everyone is suggesting that the FIA should have added a chicane Glen.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1335853)   #21
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Not everyone is suggesting that the FIA should have added a chicane Glen.
Whatever the suggestion I cannot see how yo can possibly blame anyone other than Michelin and their teams. They were clearly warned in writing just a short ime ago that they absolutely MUST bring safe and durable tyres. Even the proposed emergency batch were not guaranteed safe and were therefore not an option. I'd have thought that the number one priority for a tyre manufacturer is to make a safe product - surely the FIA have a right to expect that most basic requirement?

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 21 Jun 2005 at 15:18. Reason: Removed troublesome word.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1335860)   #22
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Why would anyone would want to praise the FIA following the US fiasco.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1335900)   #23
Hip Priest
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
How could the FIA have possibly arranged a fair race?
Any chance of a totally fair race for all drivers and teams was damaged by the errors of Michelin. However, the FIA could have provided a solution which would have allowed a race to go ahead between all twenty cars, with repercussions handed out to the offending parties at a later date. Whether this be by adding a chicane and banning the Michelin teams from scoring points, or allowing them to fly in some other tyres to be used and then hitting Michelin with a heavy fine. You have mentioned that the tyres that Michelin wanted to bring from France were also dangerous. That is not what i have been led to believe, but if you have a link to support this i would gladly concede to you on this point.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1335903)   #24
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
How could the FIA have possibly arranged a fair race?
In the same way as they have arranged races in the past, one presumes.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:52 (Ref:1335910)   #25
Glen
Veteran

On the TV (ITV) they said that Michelin weren't happy that the replacement tyres would have done the job. Several times.

The simple fact is that the FIA already have space in the rules to cover this situation - you bring a racey tyre and a safe tyre - if the racey tyre is too racey, you go safe. So simple a child could understand it - not simple enough for some it seems.