Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2546035)   #1
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA Vehicles

As i am getting to the age where i think i have the right to know everything i thought i might aswell satisfy my need to know.

About an hour ago whilst travelling along the A27 i saw 2 great French registered FIA lorries heading east between Brighton and Eastbourne.

Anyone know where they has been this week? or where they might be going?

As they were heading towards Dover i figured they might have been at Goodwood but i cant figure out why they would have been there!

Oh how i hate not knowing stuff
Old 22 Sep 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2546050)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FOM are based at Biggin Hill in Kent-maybe they were delivering Bernies' monthly pay!!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2546133)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What were they? Tractor Units? Did they have Max's trailer or another trailer?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2546134)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps they were taking hardware to be flown out to Singapore? If so it's a bit last minute ...
Old 22 Sep 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2546156)   #5
Roths
Rookie

They were the mobile fold out office thingys you see at the GP. Wrong way for Bigging hill to get anywhere of interest. There was a mobile home 3 cars back and i did think it may be related but it was towing a trailor with the shell of what looked like a 1930's Gestapo Citroen so could have been Max!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2546161)   #6
Roths
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
FOM are based at Biggin Hill in Kent-maybe they were delivering Bernies' monthly pay!!
Thats not actually a bad idea. If they arrived at newhaven from france then they can go that way back to biggin hill. Hmm maybe they were there for the hearing yesterday and came back today?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2546172)   #7
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Perhaps they were taking hardware to be flown out to Singapore? If so it's a bit last minute ...
Last time I checked there were about 20 official FIA championships, so the chances of them being related to F1 aren't that great.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2546174)   #8
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they were big silver Mercs then they are F1A (Formula One Administration) trucks, not FIA. I have often wondered about that possibly deliberately confusing name and initials....

I would say, if the were F1A trucks, that they were travelling from Biggin Hill to Newhaven (though know idea why) as there are quicker routes to Dover.

If they were heading for Biggin Hill from Goodwood they would have turned north off the A27 at Brigthon to go north on the A23, so would not have been on the A27 between Brighton and Eastbourne.

If they had come from Newhaven, they would have been travelling west down the A27 to get to the A23.

I can't recall anytime in the past that Bernie has had a presence at the Goodwood Revival - though I was not there this year.

Knowing something about how Bernie pays his staff at Biggin Hill, he would need nothing more than a Smart Car to deliver the wages - even if it were all in fivers (or even one pound coins!)

If they were FIA trucks, then it could have been Goodwood -> Newhaven or Dover, as was originally suggested. Maybe the FIA provide historice eligibility scrutineers, or something like that, and these were their offices?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2547659)   #9
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would these trucks have anything to do with A1GP. They have new FIA regulations regarding the cockpits and the company making these are based in Bognor Regis. Just a thought.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2549353)   #10
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F1 FIA trucks are fairly new (2007 I think) British registered Blue Mercs This is becuase they updated all the equipment they used a couple of years ago. Bernies trucks (FOM) are Silver mercs fairly old (T or Y reg)

I do recall seeing a couple of FIA trucks coming through Calais docks the other day with cutainsiders on so they must of gone somewhere wtih airfreight.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2549383)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or going by land to another FIA championship event?