Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jan 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2812146)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hmm. You may wish to reconsider that Iain.
He has been Tom and Dick as well Grant. Delta son getting worried he has been out training every night this week.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2812153)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's your regular time Iain? I did my first 10k a month back, but am too embarrassed to disclose...
Old 6 Jan 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2812159)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Years ago i would run sub 40mins but these days its sub 60mins. I just enjoy the running the atmosphere and the crumpet.I have done around 10 full marathons best time 3 hours 28min. That was a long time ago.Best half was 1 hour 28mins.We have a running club in Stoke Row and i am thinking of having a 10K run on the Saturday evening,then BBQ and Beer. Anyone interested.I will put you on the entry list Max. Right i have told you my time what was yours.Anyway are you not supposed to be posting a picture
Old 7 Jan 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2812587)   #54
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
All this talk of running this n that in X time is upsetting me so I think I´ll come back next week and see how good my training in the local bars has done me !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jan 2011, 17:23 (Ref:2812596)   #55
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Years ago i would run sub 40mins but these days its sub 60mins. I just enjoy the running the atmosphere and the crumpet.I have done around 10 full marathons best time 3 hours 28min. That was a long time ago.Best half was 1 hour 28mins.We have a running club in Stoke Row and i am thinking of having a 10K run on the Saturday evening,then BBQ and Beer. Anyone interested.I will put you on the entry list Max. Right i have told you my time what was yours.Anyway are you not supposed to be posting a picture
Go on then, put me down. 56.30, would have been sub-56 according to my watch, but I was nattering, missed the hooter and started late

Crumpet's true, the only thing that got me to the finish was chasing the delectable girl in front of me for the last 2k
Old 7 Jan 2011, 17:40 (Ref:2812603)   #56
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well what a day, startd with a nice drive in a friends 911 turbo, quite a car, ended up abusing the police via email for not answering the phone, and the shops shut, what the hells going on? some little scrotes have broken into 5 lock ups in the pound, including one of mine, fortunately 2 old Lambrettas and a semi dismantled Cortina didn't interest them.

I'm just putting some nails in the softball bat
Old 7 Jan 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2812696)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sorry to hear that Joe. I have had a day on the road to see my Dad in Cornwall. What a day but i think i must be loosing my bottle. M4 this morning heading west and rain is lashing down,visabilty a couple of meters and im driving as fast as i dare but still getting overtaken by loonatics. Hope nobody from here was driving that way this morning.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2812700)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
THanks Iain, I can't see anything missing, bizzarely, so must have been kids looking for a joy ride car or something

If it was proper pikeys I'd be down the scrappy to get my Mag bellhousing back, with a shot gun!!!
Old 7 Jan 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2812704)   #59
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
IIWU i would make a bit more room in your hallway. Them scooters are worth a lot of money now..Hope you will be a proper gentleman and send your Mrs up first with the base ball bat.She can knock em on the floor while you run the scum bags over on the scooter.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2812718)   #60
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I wouldn't give them the pleasure with a scooter, I'll use that mankey old land rover out the back, and we'll put 200 2" self tappers through the tyres, or get Henrik to post over some proper Scandinavian winter jobbies

Part time plod are coming round in the morning, should be fun!!!
Old 7 Jan 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2812721)   #61
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	30728 This might cheer you all up. At long last i have dug out a picture of my Modsports GT6 going up into Druids from my first race with her at Brands in 1977.I can still sence the excitment even now. I had turned 24 and been thrown out of the school at Brands when we used to race the Mexico,s. They all said i was no good!!. I knew better and after two years of building the car here we were.Next picture is what happened as i exited the corner. You will have to wait as Mrs D wants to watch Hustle on Tele. For some reason she has got the hump. All isaid was the bird in the programme is realy hot. Im meen Hot Hot Hot.See Ya
Old 7 Jan 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2812739)   #62
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
He has been Tom and Dick as well Grant. Delta son getting worried he has been out training every night this week.
I was thinking more along the lines of it being winter and the potential for delaying full recovery (or worse) by over exertion when not in full health. Perhaps even passing on the flu to other innocent competitors.

I'm not sure an excuse based on the two of you being competitive would go down that well! I image Delta son is training to make a break at the start and get as far ahead as possible as soon as possible - especially if he has not yet had the flu!

Old 8 Jan 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2812906)   #63
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 30728 This might cheer you all up. At long last i have dug out a picture of my Modsports GT6 going up into Druids from my first race with her at Brands in 1977.I can still sence the excitment even now. I had turned 24 and been thrown out of the school at Brands when we used to race the Mexico,s. They all said i was no good!!. I knew better and after two years of building the car here we were.

Go on Ian - tell the story about the tryes and the rain too!

Next picture is what happened as i exited the corner. You will have to wait as Mrs D wants to watch Hustle on Tele.

Can't wait - possible caption contest?

For some reason she has got the hump. All isaid was the bird in the programme is realy hot. Im meen Hot Hot Hot.See Ya
Yep - cannot argue with you on that one
Old 8 Jan 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2812961)   #64
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Getting several phone calls wanting work done looks like I'll have to leave the beach n sun and pop back home for a while, what a sod !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jan 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2813010)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Getting several phone calls wanting work done looks like I'll have to leave the beach n sun and pop back home for a while, what a sod !
Couldn't you just switch the phone off?

Preview pic of the latest FIA MGB, courtesy of Scalextric. Rumour has it that will be available with various motor sizes.....

Old 8 Jan 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2813020)   #66
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Dont worry Gordon, just keep the sheepskin coat on and you will be fine. You know, the one you use to keep yourself warm while you sit on the beach.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2813041)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Dont understand why Tel's name is not on the MGB model
Old 9 Jan 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2813086)   #68
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it seems to have two drivers !!!
Old 9 Jan 2011, 05:35 (Ref:2813105)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
it seems to have two drivers !!!
Nick, have you not read the 2011 FIA rule changes? For 2 driver races both have to be in the car all race.....

Old 9 Jan 2011, 05:43 (Ref:2813107)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's because Ron Gammons owns it.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2813126)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I have had to supply another company with a load of pictures of my car Iain,not heard any more about it yet though
Old 9 Jan 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2813127)   #72
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At 3:00am this morning, there came the sound of fire crackers from my lounge in the apartment. It was the marble flooring "lifting". I now have to have the entire floor dug up and re-laid. This is the second time in two years. Demobilising later this year so no point moving out. Bloody inconvenient though. Can't even book a hotel for a few days, they're all full due to the Asian Football Cup.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2813130)   #73
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That's awful Peter. Why would that happen.Its a lovely crisp sunny morning here in sunny Berkshire. I'm off for the 10k run and hopefully sweat the remains of my flu away.Will report in later with result
Old 9 Jan 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2813132)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Why would that happen.
Lol,

It's not uncommon out here. In the UK and other places you build a tower with concrete floors. Then you put a separate screed on top of the floor, then you stick the flooring to that. It allows for movement and expansion/contraction.

Out here they build a monolithic floor with a 50mm topping of plain concrete and just stick the flooring directly on top. Hence when the building moves (as buildings do) the floors "pop". It also means that rather than just replace the tiles, they have to dig up the floor and relay the top 50mm of concrete.

All very inconvenient.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2813166)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Is that MGB sporting a new App K spoiler?

I bet its got a magnet too.

HOuses should be made of bricks and wood and stuff
Closed Thread