Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jan 2024, 12:33 (Ref:4193143)   #2501
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
How Ken Tyrrell got his nickname?
A friend came up with "I'm surprised he has such a big chopper considering how cold it was".

5 points for yours Viv.
Old 24 Jan 2024, 12:38 (Ref:4193145)   #2502
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect EB has been looking at my FB posts on the friends of Silverstone group.
Old 24 Jan 2024, 12:39 (Ref:4193146)   #2503
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nice simple Odd-One-Out puzzle for you all.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0015.JPG   _MG_7330.jpg   IMG_7210.jpg  

IMG_7277.jpg   IMG_7251.jpg   IMG_7206.jpg  

Old 24 Jan 2024, 13:32 (Ref:4193157)   #2504
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A mere guess, up until 76 the GP was run on a Saturday and since then it been on a Sunday.
Indeed Mike.... Of the six drivers pictured, 5 of them won Saturday Grand Prix.... the odd one out was he of those pictured that never won a Saturday Championship race.
Ayrton Senna.

As it happens we have had the running of a Championship Race on every day of the week. (The Indy 500 races when they counted were always run on the 30th May regardless of what day it fell, weather permitting) Also South Africa was run on Jan 1st New Years Day on a few occasions.

I do have a list of all (73) non Sunday run races along with the day of the week each was run and the race winner.
Old 24 Jan 2024, 13:57 (Ref:4193159)   #2505
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I suspect EB has been looking at my FB posts on the friends of Silverstone group.
Honestly no... I dont have Facebook. (Actually I just googled FoS on seeing what Peter said and all I get is a sign up to Facebook message and a note saying Private Members Group.
The question stemmed from realising that we have three Saturday F1 races this year thanks to Vegas TV scheduling, plus Saudi being run on Saturday due to Ramadan and Bahrain (The weekend before Saudi) also running on Saturday for logistical reasons.
I looked online to get more info on Saturday races history and found a number of articles on Autosport etc and and basically got sucked in.
Old 24 Jan 2024, 16:51 (Ref:4193186)   #2506
bauble
Veteran

England
I have had a number of replies, all correct, after a fashion, but every one is missing the point.

Alright a clue they are odd-one-out, but why?
:
Old 24 Jan 2024, 19:03 (Ref:4193198)   #2507
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My mate and poster on here Peter Horseman . Number 22. Rear engine car . Top bloke and top driver
Old 24 Jan 2024, 23:47 (Ref:4193238)   #2508
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
My mate and poster on here Peter Horseman . Number 22. Rear engine car . Top bloke and top driver
I remember Peter and yourself winning. as I recall, a 100 mile sports car race at Silverstone in his Lotus 11, 15 or similar number, and interviewing you both for 3 Counties Radio.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 00:03 (Ref:4193239)   #2509
bauble
Veteran

England
I did not ask which was the Odd-One-Out, merely that it was an O-O-O puzzle.
For 5 of the cars all you need is the pictures, no technical, etc, etc. One is different for what is under the bonnet, and of course they all have an engine.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 00:15 (Ref:4193240)   #2510
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could there be multiple correct answers Bob?
Old 25 Jan 2024, 00:32 (Ref:4193245)   #2511
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Could there be multiple correct answers Bob?
Yes, six to be precise. Each picture is unique for some reason.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 11:56 (Ref:4193295)   #2512
bauble
Veteran

England
There appears to be no such thing as a simple puzzle. Whatever the intention, you lot manage to muddy the waters.
Pictures of six cars ALL unique in one respect, three blindingly obvious, two obscure, one needing a little technical knowledge. The final two though similar in appearance, have different NAMES, and therein lies the answers.
A double Golden Bauble to the first fully correct answers.

There is no fun in setting a puzzle that no one can answer, (EB), I do not set out to deceive, merely to challenge.
So please, all you 'Lurkers' out there come along and join the Puzzle Club, membership is free, and you will be in some very good company.

Cheers,
Uncle Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3727.JPG  
Old 25 Jan 2024, 17:41 (Ref:4193340)   #2513
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
So please, all you 'Lurkers' out there come along and join the Puzzle Club, membership is free, and you will be in some very good company.
Still here Bob honest….if I had something vaguely intelligent to say you would certainly be the first to hear…

I think we might need a new lower level to the Stupido club!

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 25 Jan 2024 at 19:01.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 18:27 (Ref:4193342)   #2514
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=356sc;4193340]
Quote:
So please, all you 'Lurkers' out there come along and join the Puzzle Club, membership is free, and you will be in some very good company.[/. QUOTE]

Still here Bob honest….if I had something vaguely intelligent to say you would certainly be the first to hear…

I think we might need a new lower level to the Stupido club!
I have doubts you would qualify even than 356

Come on I am sure you can come up with one or two of the Oddities. You have more than three fingers between you two hands . haven't you?

Never mind I am sure we are still good friends,

Bob.

PS; I went to Camberley once.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4193344)   #2515
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
To hear? Sure? There are none so deaf as those who will not listen. As to understand anything even vaguely intelligent I think you're asking for too much.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 20:06 (Ref:4193348)   #2516
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
To hear? Sure? There are none so deaf as those who will not listen. As to understand anything even vaguely intelligent I think you're asking for too much.
Oh yee of little faith! I have submitted an answer…not suggesting it is even close to correct but at least I have some answers….
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 25 Jan 2024, 20:22 (Ref:4193350)   #2517
bauble
Veteran

England
356 has trumped you all with four correct answers so far. Sorry Gerard, he can't join your club just yet.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 21:41 (Ref:4193358)   #2518
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to re-apply for membership of the Stupido Club, as I can't even spot the "three blindingly obvious" ones!
Old 25 Jan 2024, 22:33 (Ref:4193365)   #2519
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I'd like to re-apply for membership of the Stupido Club, as I can't even spot the "three blindingly obvious" ones!
Only one with rear engine, one with three wheels, one French. Three left, two sports cars and a pre war Single seater, all have an engine under the bonnet, but one has one thing the other two don't have. Well blow me down, what could it be?
Gerard must be raking it in.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 01:33 (Ref:4193377)   #2520
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Its obvious you're much welcome, Paul! I think Bob is waiting for someone showing up with an answer like "blower" or C for compressor but it wont happen. Ta!
Will, I gave the right answer to a previous quizz but its was not accepted because I said Ascari Alberto instead of Alberto Ascari or something the like…
Old 26 Jan 2024, 06:14 (Ref:4193387)   #2521
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I give up. ?
Old 26 Jan 2024, 07:18 (Ref:4193388)   #2522
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I give up. ?
Here are he answers to my simple puzzle.

1 Lotus, only rear engine.
2 Morgan, three wheels.
3 Aston Marin, only car with 2 word name.*
4 Talbot, French only non UK make.
5 ERA only one with super-charger. (under the bonnet)
6 Jaguar, named after an animal.*

* I told you only look at the names.

Well played 356, Champion.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 08:01 (Ref:4193391)   #2523
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Here are he answers to my simple puzzle.

1 Lotus, only rear engine.
2 Morgan, three wheels.
3 Aston Marin, only car with 2 word name.*
4 Talbot, French only non UK make.
5 ERA only one with super-charger. (under the bonnet)
6 Jaguar, named after an animal.*

* I told you only look at the names.

Well played 356, Champion.

* Or in this case Aston Marin.... the only one with a mispelt name.

(Im heading back into my basement suite in the Stupido Club.... with a bottle of red. I thought the names might have been the ERA Romulus and Remus (and Hanuman)

Last edited by E.B; 26 Jan 2024 at 08:06.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 08:36 (Ref:4193392)   #2524
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
* Or in this case Aston Marin.... the only one with a mispelt name.
As to Talbot being "french only non UK make" I wonder what JR could say about this… Or should we read Talbot-Lago and correct both the question and the answers. Just noticed that "blower" or "compressor" is not the correct answer when some is looking for "super-charger under the bonnet". Pffff.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 10:42 (Ref:4193400)   #2525
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
As to Talbot being "french only non UK make" I wonder what JR could say about this… Or should we read Talbot-Lago and correct both the question and the answers. Just noticed that "blower" or "compressor" is not the correct answer when some is looking for "super-charger under the bonnet". Pffff.
Pah! What else can you expect from one Micron's boys.