Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Sep 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4071859)   #1
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Hampton Court Palace Concours

Album of pictures from the Concours Of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace today: https://bit.ly/3DPcwL4

Some serious motorsport machinery amidst the classics, not least the Gulf & Martini collections outside the house itself and (somewhat randomly) a 1990 Williams F1 car.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 23:56 (Ref:4071882)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great photos and what a fabulous collection of eclectic machinery across all eras.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4071935)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Some stunning pictures of a very varied collection of vehicles, thank you for sharing them.
Always being one to like something out of the ordinary I particularly enjoyed the JWA Transporter, The Austin A40 Hereford (I think) pick up, and the Aston Martin Bulldog.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4071936)   #4
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The JWA transporter - as driven by Delta's dad.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4071957)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
No doubt "Happy Days".
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4071978)   #6
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the kind words, I'm delighted you're enjoying the pictures.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4071998)   #7
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post

What struck me is that the JWA transporter was a left hand drive vehicle, yet the Bizzarrini truck was a right hander. Most bizarre.

But what an eclectic collection of ancient to modern. Lovely cars and pictures.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4072007)   #8
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Not sure the Bizzarrini truck is an original. There was a very interesting interview with the CEO of the reborn Bizzarrini company, who have acquired thousands of original plans and design drawings and plan to build 24 continuation cars, which he said would be race-only cars to Appendix K regs (though if you want they can build you one with modern parts, eg carbon-fibre rather than glass-fibre). The Bizzarrini display was more of a promotional area than part of the concours so the truck may be working prop, though I don't know that for sure.

Giotto Bizzarrini is 95 now and apparently endorses the new company (or at least, his family do).
Old 4 Sep 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4072009)   #9
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Another car of note is the Marcos that was driven in by Chris Marsh, son of Jem, who can be seen getting out of his very warm car with some relief having been kept idling in a queue. He was very pleasant and mentioned that the car had been driven by his father at Le Mans, though I don't think that chimes with the Marcos competition history so there may be some light embelishment there (or I just misheard, which is possible!).

The Marcos was one of a display of 95 British cars, one from each year of the Queen's life, which was separate from the main Concours. Many of the classic and modern British cars shown here were from that group.