Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jun 2022, 09:24 (Ref:4112528)   #76
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's so good they have decided to add another meeting at Donington using the longer circuit instead of having an extra meeting at Thruxton. Means we have more variety now
Old 2 Jun 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4112536)   #77
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Don’t worry I am sure most knew what you meant….
I didn't as the reply to the previous post read to me as though a permit was needed from MSA and from the MSUK. Perhaps it referred to two permits needed for two different track layouts but I wasn't sure which is why I made the post about MSA no longer existing for clarification.

You'd be surprised how many times I've seen on other forums and Facebook people posting as though they were two different and current organisations.
Old 2 Jun 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4112543)   #78
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC game pushed to 2024. But, not cancelled and the licence is still intact.

BTCC race weekends in 2022 and 2023 will be used to test BTCC content on the existing rFactor 2 platform and early game builds for fan feedback.

It sucks, but also no one wanted a BTCC game based on NASCAR 21: Ignition. Trust me.

https://traxion.gg/btcc-game-delayed...g-race-events/
Old 2 Jun 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4112545)   #79
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
BTCC game pushed to 2024. But, not cancelled and the licence is still intact.

BTCC race weekends in 2022 and 2023 will be used to test BTCC content on the existing rFactor 2 platform and early game builds for fan feedback.

It sucks, but also no one wanted a BTCC game based on NASCAR 21: Ignition. Trust me.

https://traxion.gg/btcc-game-delayed...g-race-events/
Delaying the game is the best news. I think its clear that Ignition was a disaster and this shows serious intent to rectify any of the previous mistakes. The BTCC content which has been added to rFactor 2 is fantastic, and with additional cars to be added hopefully over the next year will scratch my itch for now.

I can't help thinking that having to develop for both PS4, PS5 and Xbox One / Series X is holding everyone back in the game dev industry - so hopefully we'll have buried those consoles in the past come 2024.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4112648)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If there is to be a BTCC game, it needs to do the series justice, not just be another racing sim. Hopefully we can get one that we can all relate to
Old 3 Jun 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4112651)   #81
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The GP loop should provide plenty of opportunities for some door bashing, as shown by the TCR races last weekend
My favourite viewing point at Donny was always inside the track near the museum. Afforded great views of the loop and rejoining back to the front straight. Heavy braking = overtake opportunities. A quick turn on the heels and a few strides and you're in place to watch them back down the Craners and into Old Hairpin. Rinse and repeat. Nice bit of exercise too!
Old 3 Jun 2022, 11:00 (Ref:4112653)   #82
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm an armchair fan, I don't care about geographical locations.
In front of the telly would help presumably?
Old 3 Jun 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4112654)   #83
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
My only gripe with Donington is the increased height of the fences that have sprung up in the last few years. In terms of a layout for driving, I think its fabulous.

I did a bike ride thing for charity there in 2019 where you got to ride around it. I thought when I got to the Craners I could just freewheel and gain a ton of speed. Maybe because of the rubber on the track or the wind, but it was like hitting a brick wall, and gained hardly any speed at all down towards the Old Hairpin, as a result that climb up to McLeans was painful. It was a really beautiful August summers evening though, it was about 25 degrees.
I read this and got confused. Then the penny dropped you were referring to a one person power bike as opposed to one with a collection of horsies. Doh!
Old 3 Jun 2022, 15:20 (Ref:4112685)   #84
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I was originally going to suggest that licences would be an issue but I'm not sure that is the case. Most (if not all) TOCA meetings need an International permit, a National permit, and an Interclub permit.
The permits for each meeting are viewable on the virtual noticeboard for that meeting.

Here are the permits for Oulton Park 11/12 June https://www.barc.net/online_noticebo...ne-11-12-2022/
Old 3 Jun 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4112688)   #85
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If there is to be a BTCC game, it needs to do the series justice, not just be another racing sim. Hopefully we can get one that we can all relate to
Hopefully the liveries will be editable ( if there is such a word) so everyone is happy!
Old 3 Jun 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4112691)   #86
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Hopefully the liveries will be editable ( if there is such a word) so everyone is happy!

On PC - through mods - definitely. Not on console though. I don't know of any officially licenced game that supports custom liveries.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 16:13 (Ref:4112695)   #87
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
On PC - through mods - definitely. Not on console though. I don't know of any officially licenced game that supports custom liveries.
Gran Turismo Sport and 7.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4112697)   #88
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Gran Turismo Sport and 7.

It allows officially licenced cars, such as the Audi R8 LMS '15 to have customised liveries?

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Audi_R8_LMS_%2715

The fandom wiki suggests there is only the one livery available, and that customisation isn't available.

Plenty of games allow customisable liveries, but (to my knowledge at least) always excluding any official content.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4112699)   #89
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It allows officially licenced cars, such as the Audi R8 LMS '15 to have customised liveries?

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Audi_R8_LMS_%2715

The fandom wiki suggests there is only the one livery available, and that customisation isn't available.

Plenty of games allow customisable liveries, but (to my knowledge at least) always excluding any official content.
https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Livery_Editor
Old 7 Jul 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4118534)   #90
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Caterham has now joined the BARC package. Perhaps this might lead to an appearance on the BTCC supports in the future.
Old 7 Jul 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4118565)   #91
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Caterham run 3 or 4 difference series for different specs of cars which tend to run as part of the same package. There wouldn't be space for all of them to run at a TOCA meeting and I doubt they would want to split them up
Old 7 Jul 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4118569)   #92
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caterham's top class has raced separately on occasion in the past, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to make a guest appearance.
Old 7 Jul 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4118570)   #93
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Caterham's top class has raced separately on occasion in the past, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to make a guest appearance.
I imagine the BTCC support bill gives more exposure than any other the others? Would make sense for Caterham to get a foot in if they could.
Old 7 Jul 2022, 20:01 (Ref:4118598)   #94
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caterham supported the BTCC at Thruxton in about 2004.
Old 7 Jul 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4118599)   #95
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Possibly (probably?) the higher powered of the series to move over to gain some brand exposure to casual motorsports fans (those who have heard of Plato and likely still think he has a Sooooooooobaru) rather than the more mainstay fans who could probably write detailed specs of the machines they're watching on track.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4118831)   #96
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
rather than the more mainstay fans who could probably write detailed specs of the machines they're watching on track.
Not so sure about that. A lot of the regular fans seem to have trouble setting their Sky to record the races let alone knowing the specs of the cars.
Old 12 Jul 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4119227)   #97
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Tandy! New driver for next season?
Old 12 Jul 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4119228)   #98
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Nick Tandy! New driver for next season?
Really unlikely.
Old 12 Jul 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4119229)   #99
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Really unlikely.
How come?
Old 12 Jul 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4119232)   #100
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
How come?
Why should a Corvette worksdriver, who earns much $$$$$$$ and can drive the best GT-races in the world switch to the BTCC? That doesn´t make any sense. He doesnt have any experience in touringcars and is one of the best GT- and endurancedrivers in the world.

This today is likely a one-off.