Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4104380)   #51
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Does the Hamilton excuse book cover missing out on Q2?
My guess is he will apologise for doing a bad job, as he always does on the odd occasion it happens, rather than making excuses.

Keep hating though.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4104381)   #52
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
That's extraordinarily poor from Hamilton. Ok, the car isn't the best but his team mate is so much quicker.
Can’t believe it’s all down to driver. A guy that has had so much success and out qualified his teammate last time out doesn't just become a second off with no obvious mistakes.

Trial by ten tenths obviously finds Lewis to be extraordinarily poor though
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4104382)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching Hamilton during Q1 and the Mercedes was not handling well, with Hamilton visibly having trouble with the car.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4104383)   #54
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Can’t believe it’s all down to driver. A guy that has had so much success and out qualified his teammate last time out doesn't just become a second off with no obvious mistakes.

Trial by ten tenths obviously finds Lewis to be extraordinarily poor though
But I thought all of the times Hamilton had beaten his team mate it was all down to the driver.

It's an extraordinarily poor day for the 7 times Champion regardless of the reasoning. First time out of Q1 on pure pace for 13 years.

Trial by ten-tenths? It's a forum, it's a pretty monumental day and you can expect people to say things that are outside of your echo chamber.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4104384)   #55
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
But I thought all of the times Hamilton had beaten his team mate it was all down to the driver.

It's an extraordinarily poor day for the 7 times Champion regardless of the reasoning. First time out of Q1 on pure pace for 13 years.

Trial by ten-tenths? It's a forum, it's a pretty monumental day and you can expect people to say things that are outside of your echo chamber.
A tenth or 2 either way, yeh…it’s driver related almost a second off in dry conditions No.

My echo chamber? No….I’m just asking for sense and reasoning….if Russell was a few tenths up, it’s a bad job by Lewis, almost a second there’s more to it as pundits are indicating

But hey, you’re no stranger to bashing Lewis when he’s not in top form lol….not the first time, won’t be the last lol.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:51 (Ref:4104385)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Watching Q1 it wasn't pure pace per se. The car was not handling well and that will effect the pace.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4104386)   #57
Beau2
Racer

Quote:
. tenth or 2 either way, yeh…almost a second off? No.

My echo chamber? No….I’m just asking for sense and reasoning….if Russell was a few tenths up, it’s a bad job by Lewis, almost a second there’s more to it as pundits are indicating

But hey, you’re no stranger to bashing Lewis when he’s not in top form lol….not the first time, won’t be the last lol.
And you are well known for defending Hamilton to the nth degree whilst throwing accusations around and causing topics to be closed.

All I said is that it was an extraordinarily poor day, which it is. Take it as a bash if you wish - but there is no need to inflame the situation and attack those that you disagree with.

Time for you to go back on the block list before you disrupt yet another topic.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 17:59 (Ref:4104387)   #58
ascarracinguk
Veteran

[QUOTE=Beau2;4104386]
Quote:
. tenth or 2 either way, yeh…almost a second off? No.

But hey, you’re no stranger to bashing Lewis when he’s not in top form lol….not the first time, won’t be the last lol. [\QUOTE]
And you are well known for defending Hamilton to the nth degree whilst throwing accusations around and causing topics to be closed.

All I said is that it was an extraordinarily poor day, which it is. Take it as a bash if you wish - but there is no need to inflame the situation and attack those that you disagree with.

Time for you to go back on the block list before you disrupt yet another topic.
I will defend hamilton when needed and have slated him also. I don’t defend him to the nth degree, I have commented when he’s done a good job and also when his rivals have been brilliant

Inflame the situation? Take it as a bash? You’re the one that made the accusation in the first place, made the ‘bash’. IF you didn’t want the situation inflaming then why make such an inflammatory comment in the first place?
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4104388)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis: "I'm sorry guys..."

Sounds like he's accepting responsibility for the performance.

(Or is he apologising to Ten-Tenthers for causing polarising opinions?)
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4104389)   #60
Beau2
Racer

Hope Mick is ok...got a horrible feeling he might be out for tomorrow.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:05 (Ref:4104390)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Two red flags in two qualifying sessions, what happens tomorrow when a driver goes into the wall?
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:16 (Ref:4104392)   #62
Beau2
Racer

Having the multiple restarts last year and now Mick's incident really makes me question if this track is fit for purpose. Add in the terrorist attack then there is a horrible Imola 94' feeling to this weekend - I'm sadly waiting for the next big incident to happen.

I really hope F1 doesn't return to Saudi any time soon.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4104393)   #63
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Having the multiple restarts last year and now Mick's incident really makes me question if this track is fit for purpose. Add in the terrorist attack then there is a horrible Imola 94' feeling to this weekend - I'm sadly waiting for the next big incident to happen.

I really hope F1 doesn't return to Saudi any time soon.
Funnily enough I was just thinking Imola 94 myself….just get that bad feeling about this weekend.

Time to pack up and go home
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:29 (Ref:4104395)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the track is fit for purpose. the bits that aren't are stuff that monaco does really well as well as being helped by it being a low speed circuit - very well trained marshals, lots of tactically located cranes for lifting cars out of the way. unfortunately where this place is quicker the cars are in a lot more pieces when they stop moving so you can't just pick it up and grab the big broken bits.

i think f1 as a whole needs to think a bit more about recovery of damaged and broken down cars, which was something they should have done after suzuka '14 but here we are.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:30 (Ref:4104397)   #65
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the track is fit for purpose. the bits that aren't are stuff that monaco does really well as well as being helped by it being a low speed circuit - very well trained marshals, lots of tactically located cranes for lifting cars out of the way. unfortunately where this place is quicker the cars are in a lot more pieces when they stop moving so you can't just pick it up and grab the big broken bits.

i think f1 as a whole needs to think a bit more about recovery of damaged and broken down cars, which was something they should have done after suzuka '14 but here we are.
it’s exactly the point that I made after this race last year…nothing has changed since then.

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 26 Mar 2022 at 18:48.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4104399)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Nozza just gets through.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4104401)   #67
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
To 11th..? Aka not q3

Wait nozza = Norris, right?
Old 26 Mar 2022, 18:56 (Ref:4104402)   #68
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Wait nozza = Norris, right?

Yes.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 19:04 (Ref:4104403)   #69
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Eek that slipped me by. Mclaren seemed stronger here but not in q3..that’s a shame
Old 26 Mar 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4104404)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Perez takes pole.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4104405)   #71
ascarracinguk
Veteran

OOF wingman on pole….poor performance by Max (before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, this is tongue in cheek)

Cracking lap by Checo, outstanding by Leclerc again too
Old 26 Mar 2022, 19:25 (Ref:4104407)   #72
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
max just can't get the heat in those tyres can he? he was struggling during the race last week as well. evidently sainz is having issues as well if he can't get the feeling right on the fresh ones.

fantastic effort from checo.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4104408)   #73
Beau2
Racer

Outstanding by Perez.

Very good laps by the Alpine too - they seem to be best of the rest now here.

Mr. Saturday getting the job done in an average car once again. Is it only twice in his career he's been outqualified by his team mate? Really showed Lewis up in that session - whatever the reason might be.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 19:57 (Ref:4104410)   #74
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Outstanding by Perez.

Very good laps by the Alpine too - they seem to be best of the rest now here.

Mr. Saturday getting the job done in an average car once again. Is it only twice in his career he's been outqualified by his team mate? Really showed Lewis up in that session - whatever the reason might be.
Average car? Good job his teammate is Mr Sunday and gets a podium out of that average car in the first race eh?!

The Mercedes clearly has issues right now… Average? Nah….they’re still one of the most equipped teams that should be doing a better job right now. Average is Aston or Alpha

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 26 Mar 2022 at 20:19.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 20:24 (Ref:4104412)   #75
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Listened to the qualifying on BBC radio, they came in just before Q2 to announce the big shock of Hamilton out in Q1, for the first time on pure pace since 09 Silverstone. I know the car ain’t great, but Russell got into Q3 fine. The only thing I can think is Lewis side of the garage went the wrong way on setup. Considering how far down Merc engine cars were in FP3, maybe it’s amazing any got into Q3 at all

Brilliant pole from Checo, his first ever. He really has found something round here

However Mick Schumacher’s accident is a cause for concern. Despite a few incidents, the drivers seemed to adapt to the circuit well last year and it’s been a nice change from circuits with loads of tarmac runoff, but there will be questions asked about safety here and rightly so. I just hope Mick isn’t too badly injured and we will see him back for Oz. He was doing so well up to that point. Interesting his Uncle Ralf has been quite scathing of this GP even before qualifying. With the terrorist incident yesterday and now this incident, I am looking to the race with a bit of dread, which I haven’t felt since maybe Hungary 09. Maybe it’s just as well my TV aerial isn’t working