Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
7 6 21.43%
4 2 7.14%
10 0 0%
1 1 3.57%
5 3 10.71%
2 0 0%
3 2 7.14%
8 3 10.71%
6 10 35.71%
9 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jul 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4120331)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: French Grand Prix 2022

What score do you give it?
Old 24 Jul 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4120362)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it 6 but due to the poll being disordered managed to choose 9.

6 for the race up to lap 48. 9 for the last five laps
Old 24 Jul 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4120366)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eight. It was exciting, without too much artificial induced excitement. Like too many safety cars, track limit penalties, etc. Sainz' charge from the back was brilliant.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4120367)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Overall that was better a race compared to recent GPs at Paul Ricard. However, it was a shame Leclerc went off. I felt the race became a little deflated because of that, as I was hoping for a good battle between Ferrari/Leclerc and Red Bull/Verstappen. 7

As for the event itself, there were huge crowds for both Qualifying and the race. Liberty seriously need to consider whether they should get rid of the French GP.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4120373)   #5
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
A 6.

Why is the poll disordered? That was also the case for Austria (and not before IIRC)
I see no benefit and find that rather disturbing and annoying :/

Or is there a good reason for doing that? If it was announced I must have missed it...

Last edited by gert; 24 Jul 2022 at 16:38.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4120398)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me. I enjoyed it (highlights) far more than Austria. Unlike most people it seems, I don't hate Ricard.....
Old 24 Jul 2022, 20:23 (Ref:4120405)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7. I dont really like the look of the track, the awful paint everywhere.

But the race was very good. Some absolultely great battles. I think that the LeClerc crash actually robbed us of apotential classic. Imagine him and Verstappen going at it like Russell & Perez & Sainz.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 21:55 (Ref:4120416)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's good to be able to go back to giving a race an 8. I was enthralled. I agree with steve_r though, those stupid painted stripes are an annoying distraction. With the race apparently under threat perhaps Liberty could offer a deal: "Get rid of the stripes and you can keep the race".
Old 25 Jul 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4120441)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. Not as great as the last two, but still enough going on to keep us watching. Some good battling towards the end
Old 25 Jul 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4120465)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok race but not worth more than 6
Old 25 Jul 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4120480)   #11
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who creates these polls? The jumbled order has now been confirmed to create votes cast in error. Also, it's really hard to read the results. Please sort it correcly, whomever it is.

I have it an 8. Maybe a bit generous, but I felt the battle at the front and lower down the ranks was quite good. Maybe somewhat ruined by Leclerc going off, but I can watch Carlos Sainz go through the field any day of the week.
Old 26 Jul 2022, 04:32 (Ref:4120521)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 for me.
Old 26 Jul 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4120560)   #13
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it a three to reflect the random order of the poll. Seriously I thought it was very boring other than a few moment at the end.

Richard
Old 26 Jul 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4120561)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not much higher for me. gave it a 4.

while there have been some very fun races this season the boring ones really stand out across this already too long calendar...12 soon to be 13 races in 4 months!

to each their own of course and a younger me probably would have loved all this content, but for me now its way too much and increasingly becoming harder to find anything new or interesting to say about the proceedings.

ironic i suppose but the more there is to watch the less there is to talk about?
Old 26 Jul 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4120585)   #15
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering we have had some real stinkers this season (and I am totally in agreement the season is too long), I am actually a bit surprised some of you have voted so low.

I think we had some fine driving done by the Merc drivers, and it was quite interesting to see how high Sainz could get through the field. If you focus on the front of the field, I also feel we had some interesting laps up until Leclerc put it in the wall. Sure, it was a bummer when it ended, but until then it was interesting to see whose tyres would last.

Well, at least that was how I felt it.
Old 26 Jul 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4120592)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure Leclerc binning it took away a lot of the appeal for me.
Old 26 Jul 2022, 23:53 (Ref:4120612)   #17
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
7 for me. I enjoyed it (highlights) far more than Austria. Unlike most people it seems, I don't hate Ricard.....
I agree. I love the layout but not the stripes.
But they only appeared after Bernie bought it.
At that time I would have bought it if i had had the money but in my mind Bernie had saved the circuit.

I gave it a seven but that was generous on account of Carlos Sainz' drive through the field and the Mercedes result, George's fine dice with Perez.

I agree with the voting order on the thread.
Is someone playing games with us? Get rid of it.

Yes the season is too long. 18 races is enough. 4 in North America.
If you must have Vegas and Miami then 2 of Mexico, Montreal and Austin in any one year and 2 in the Middle East/ Gulf region. Rotate them.

Too much of a good thing can devalue everything.
Remember this old adage.
Familiarity breeds contempt
Old 27 Jul 2022, 08:05 (Ref:4120632)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, the stripes must surely have been the result of too much wacky baccy at the design and implementation stage.....

As to the voting order, I'm thinking that this is a glitch. I'm certain it wasn't done deliberately.
Old 27 Jul 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4120634)   #19
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 6. However, thinking back to the majority of the races in the seasons from 2014 to 2020 it was probably worth more.
Like many on here I like the track but hate the painted stripes which are distracting from a TV viewer's perspective.
I was sorry for Leclerc. The races this season have been good compared to previous seasons with the exception of 2021.