Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2022, 14:37 (Ref:4102441)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg Formula 1 Time Capsule 2022

It's time to make outlandish (or safe) predictions again. As usual, you don't even have to have faith in your own predictions, but can just do them for a bit of fun. Mine are for fun and they sort of represent some of what I think, without my having total belief in all these ideas.

If you can make them as verifiable as possible, that's better. My Number 10 isn't!

On Friday morning, on the eve of the season, the thread will be closed and reopened after the chequered flag falls in Abu Dhabi in November.

1. Lewis Hamilton will win his eighth world championship.

2. Lewis Hamilton will not retire before the end of the calendar year.

3. Charles Leclerc will finish second in the championship.

4. Mercedes will win the constructors' championship yet again.

5. Pérez will win at least three Grands Prix.

6. Verstappen and Hamilton will collide with each other at least four times.

7. Alonso will win at least one Grand Prix.

8. A team who did not win a Grand Prix in 2021 will win one in 2022.

9. All scheduled Grands Prix weekends will go ahead.

10. Porpoising will get mentioned repeatedly in press pen interviews at the beginning of the season.

11. Everyone who scored points and outscored their team-mate in 2021 will do the same again, except Russell.

12. Oscar Piastri will get to do a Grand Prix.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4102450)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
1. Everyone at the sharp end will whine and complain
Old 14 Mar 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4102451)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
1) Merc and Ferrari will be winners this year
Old 14 Mar 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4102461)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Sainz to win the title
2. Alonso will win a race
3. Hamilton will finish the season with more points then Max
4. Norris will secure his first F1 win
5. Norris will outscore Danny
6. Hamilton will leave Merc to rejoin Mclaren
7. Gasly will replace Perez at RB
8. Vettel will outscore Stroll
9. Haas will continue to lead the sport in team mate collisions
10. the new rules will work.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 17:38 (Ref:4102463)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some of these are bold. But be bold or go home. I do think predictions this year will be mostly a crapshoot given the new regulations and not having a clear picture coming out of testing as to where teams really are.

1. Max will repeat as world champion
2. Championship will primarily be a battle between Carlos and Max
3. Ferrari will win the constructors championship
4. Mercedes will struggle to make their car work and will not have the consistency to win either the driver or constructor championship
5. George will NOT win a race this season (I really hope I am wrong here)
6. Williams will score a point within the first four races
7. Mick will score his first F1 points this season
8. Kevin will finish the Haas inside the top ten at least once
9. Lando will outscore Daniel again
10. Yuki will be the new Kimi
11. I will continue to question if I am spelling “porpoising” correctly each time I type it no matter how many times I type that word this season.

Richard
Old 14 Mar 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4102464)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It's time to make outlandish (or safe) predictions again. As usual, you don't even have to have faith in your own predictions, but can just do them for a bit of fun. Mine are for fun and they sort of represent some of what I think, without my having total belief in all these ideas.

If you can make them as verifiable as possible, that's better. My Number 10 isn't!

On Friday morning, on the eve of the season, the thread will be closed and reopened after the chequered flag falls in Abu Dhabi in November.

1. Lewis Hamilton will win his eighth world championship.

2. Lewis Hamilton will not retire before the end of the calendar year.

3. Charles Leclerc will finish second in the championship.

4. Mercedes will win the constructors' championship yet again.

5. Pérez will win at least three Grands Prix.

6. Verstappen and Hamilton will collide with each other at least four times.

7. Alonso will win at least one Grand Prix.

8. A team who did not win a Grand Prix in 2021 will win one in 2022.

9. All scheduled Grands Prix weekends will go ahead.

10. Porpoising will get mentioned repeatedly in press pen interviews at the beginning of the season.

11. Everyone who scored points and outscored their team-mate in 2021 will do the same again, except Russell.

12. Oscar Piastri will get to do a Grand Prix.

You could be right, but on the other hand, perhaps not. We shall just have to see......
Old 14 Mar 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4102473)   #7
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
1. Lewis Larbalestier-Hamilton will win his eighth championship and Mercedes will win the constructors' championship, despite not winning any of the first three races.
2. George Russell will take more pole positions than any other driver.
3. Charles Leclerc will outscore Carlos Sainz and Ferrari will win at least two races.
4. Lando Norris will take more podiums but will still fail to win a race.
5. Max Verstappen will lead the championship at some point.
6. Pierre Gasly will have another great season and will replace a winless Perez for 2023. However, Perez will be closer to his teammate in 2022.
7. At least one team will finish at least three places differently in the final standings to their 2021 result.
8. Currently, the record for the most points scored by the team that finishes last in the championship is eight (Toro Rosso in 2009). This will be beaten in 2022, but the current points-system equivalent of 28.5 will not be beaten.
9. Valtteri Bottas and Alex Albon will both have great seasons and will be in the top ten for most people's end-of-season driver rankings.
10. The top eight places in the final championship will be filled by the big four teams.
11. Alpine will struggle and Alonso will retire at the end of the season, to be replaced by Oscar Piastri.
12. At least four different teams will win races for the third consecutive season, the first time this has happened since 1985-87.
13. Theo Pourchaire will win Formula 2, but will not get a Formula 1 drive.
14. Race control and stewarding will be much improved on 2021, and there will be far fewer breakdowns over stewarding decisions.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4102475)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
11. I will continue to question if I am spelling “porpoising” correctly each time I type it no matter how many times I type that word this season.
lol right!
Old 14 Mar 2022, 21:09 (Ref:4102495)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Lewis Hamilton will have won the WDC before the final GP.

2. Hamilton will win more races than Verstappen

3. Sainz will substantially outscore Leclerc, including at least one win.

4. Norris will score at least one GP win.

5. Ricciardo will be substantially outscored by Norris and will leave McLaren by (or at) the end of the season.

6. Russell will score at least 6 pole positions and will win at least 3 GPs.

7. Alonso will podium twice.

8. Mercedes will win the WCC again.

9. Horner will lodge at least two protests against Mercedes.

10. Verstappen will be disqualified from a GP.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 22:46 (Ref:4102520)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
1. Leclerc and Sainz will both win at least 1 race
2. Ferrari will win the Contructors Championship
3. Mercedes will not finish in the top 2 of the Constructors championship
4. Russell will score at least 1 podium and at least 1 pole but he will not win a race
5. All teams will score at least 1 point
6. At least 3 drivers will miss at least 1 race
7. Perez will more than 2 races
8. Only 1 driver who does more than half of the races will fail to score a point
9. Williams will finish 9th in the Constructors Championship
10. Alpine will score more points than Alfa Romeo, Alpha Tauri and Aston Martin.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 01:43 (Ref:4102529)   #11
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
1. Mercedes will win at least three races.
2. Red Bull will take at least five victories.
3. Perez will win two races.
4. Russell will take his first win.
5. Norris will take his first win.
6. Haas will score at least two top five places .
7. Ferrari will win at least two races.
8. Aston Martin will take a podium.
9. Alpine will take two podiums.
10. Bottas will score at least ten points.
11. Current under body problems will be responsible for at least one major accident.
12. The WDC title will be decided before the final race.

Last edited by Teretonga; 15 Mar 2022 at 01:52.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4102679)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets start with a bombshell...

1. The WDC will not be either Max or Lewis

2. At least 7 teams will podium across the season
3. 3 of the 4 power units will win races
4. there will be at least 5 different race winners over the season
5. All 20 drivers will score at least 2 points

I'll stick with just the 5 predictions, I think
Old 17 Mar 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4102878)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
1 Hulkenburg will compete in at least 3 races, and for more than one team
Old 17 Mar 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4102879)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One prediction for each team:

1. A Mercedes will not win a race in the first three events.
2. Zhou will outscore Bottas at the half-way point of the season.
3. AlphaTauri will finish with both cars in the top five at two races.
4. Alpine will take a 1-2 finish at a European race.
5. Aston Martin will record DNFs for both cars in four races.
6. Ferrari will be leading the WCC twice during the season, but not at the season end.
7. Haas will score points with both cars in the same race twice.
8. McLaren will win the British GP.
9. Red Bull will have a public argument between (at least) two of their senior members, and one of them will leave before the end of the season.
10. Williams will take two pole positions during the season, but no race wins.

And finally:

Hamilton will win the WDC. Mercedes will win the WCC.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4102937)   #15
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. I won't make any predictions.

dammit
Old 17 Mar 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4102939)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
1. I won't make any predictions.

dammit

Me neither.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4102941)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hülkenberg will drive for at least two different teams.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 21:37 (Ref:4102988)   #18
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here goes nothing...

1. Sainz will be WDC.
2. Red Bull will be WCC.
3. Russell will win at least one race.
4. Stroll will win at least one race.
5. There will be at least 2 driver changes during the season.
6. Zhou will outscore Bottas in the 2nd half of the season.
7. Williams will finish last in WCC.
8. Latifi will finish ahead of Albon in WDC.
9. All teams will finish in the points.
10. It will be confirmed during the season that Andretti will join the F1 grid in 2024.
Bonus:
11. It will be announced during the last race weekend that Hamilton will retire, and his replacement will be Gasly.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 00:55 (Ref:4103020)   #19
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1. Sainz and Norris will win at least one race.
2. Hamilton will not finish in the top 2 of the WDC
3. Mercedes will not win the WCC
4. Every team will score points, but not every driver
5. Four drivers will miss races because of Covid or other illnesses.
6. Sergio Perez will win at least one race.
7. Neither Alonso or Bottas will finish on the podium
8. Russell will out qualify Hamilton across the season
9. Both Alonso and Hamilton announce their retirement
10. At least one more race (not including Sochi) will be cancelled due to outside factors (Covid, weather, WW3)
11. At least 6 drivers will win races but the most wins will come from Verstappen or a Ferrari driver.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 04:22 (Ref:4103033)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Here goes another nothing

1. Max will be WDC
2. George will beat Lewis
3. Ferrari will win constructors title
4. Fred will get on the podium
5. Lando will finish 5th
6. Lando will beat Danni Ricc
7. Carlos will beat Charles
8. Max will win the most races
9. Williams will score some points
10. K Mag will score points
Old 18 Mar 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4103065)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Who am I kidding, Merc will just remove the sand bags and vanish into the distance.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4134376)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

How ridiculous did we all look?
Old 20 Nov 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4134377)   #23
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
1. Lewis Larbalestier-Hamilton will win his eighth championship and Mercedes will win the constructors' championship, despite not winning any of the first three races.
Absolutely not, although the second bit was right. Maybe 2023 will be his year.
2. George Russell will take more pole positions than any other driver.
Absolutely not again, but he did get more than his teammate
3. Charles Leclerc will outscore Carlos Sainz and Ferrari will win at least two races.
Yes, and I thought Leclerc was outstanding this season
4. Lando Norris will take more podiums but will still fail to win a race.
One podium, so this is correct
5. Max Verstappen will lead the championship at some point.
Correct again, and he led for almost all of it
6. Pierre Gasly will have another great season and will replace a winless Perez for 2023. However, Perez will be closer to his teammate in 2022.
Pretty much all of this is wrong! I thought Gasly had a very poor season, while Perez did win, although he was probably a little closer to Verstappen
7. At least one team will finish at least three places differently in the final standings to their 2021 result.
Yes, Alfa Romeo three places higher, and Alpha Tauri three places lower
8. Currently, the record for the most points scored by the team that finishes last in the championship is eight (Toro Rosso in 2009). This will be beaten in 2022, but the current points-system equivalent of 28.5 will not be beaten.
Williams matched this record with eight points, but didn't beat it
9. Valtteri Bottas and Alex Albon will both have great seasons and will be in the top ten for most people's end-of-season driver rankings.
This looked possible at mid-season but neither made my top ten and I think Bottas was actually quite disappointing overall
10. The top eight places in the final championship will be filled by the big four teams.
No, Ricciardo had a dreadful season and didn't get into the top eight
11. Alpine will struggle and Alonso will retire at the end of the season, to be replaced by Oscar Piastri.
Well he was nearly replaced by Piastri but Alonso didn't retire and Alpine did alright, so this one is also wrong
12. At least four different teams will win races for the third consecutive season, the first time this has happened since 1985-87.
Maybe I just wanted to get this stat in, but it didn't happen
13. Theo Pourchaire will win Formula 2, but will not get a Formula 1 drive.
No, surprisingly he didn't win, but as expected there was no space for him to get a promotion
14. Race control and stewarding will be much improved on 2021, and there will be far fewer breakdowns over stewarding decisions.
I think it was better, although perhaps not by as much as I hoped. But it was never going to be as bad as 2021!
So 4/14, and I was close on a few more. Better than my 0.5/10 from last season.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4134386)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had a quantum season. I both made, yet didn't make, a prediction. Which means I either have a 0% or 100% record but I won't know until I observe it.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 20:07 (Ref:4134387)   #25
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Lets start with a bombshell...

1. The WDC will not be either Max or Lewis

2. At least 7 teams will podium across the season
3. 3 of the 4 power units will win races
4. there will be at least 5 different race winners over the season
5. All 20 drivers will score at least 2 points

I'll stick with just the 5 predictions, I think
1 wrong (on a maassive scale)
2 Wrong (only 4 teams podiumed over the season)
3 Yes (Thanks to Russell)
4 Yes ( there was exactly 5 winners)
5 Yes ( Latifi the last of the regular drivers scored exactly 2 points)