Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Nov 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4185390)   #9226
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. JOTA/Proton, 3. JDC, 4. Penske

Also this:
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...dh-allocation/
Looks like Jota's 2nd car is confirmed, others will race with they had this season. No surprise tbh, I don't think there's a grid slot for potential second Proton in the WEC.
Old 10 Nov 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4185396)   #9227
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post

Also this:
Looks like Jota's 2nd car is confirmed, others will race with they had this season. No surprise tbh, I don't think there's a grid slot for potential second Proton in the WEC.

Shame the supply doesn’t match the demand, but there should still be enough Porsches old and new on the grid. It’s been great having the marque back in the top class where it belongs
Old 11 Nov 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4185413)   #9228
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
How would you rank the 963 liveries for 2023. For me its 1) Weathertech 2)JDC 3)Jota 4) last by a million miles...Pesnke..dang they need to change it for '24 big time.
I liked them all, but something about the gold on the Jota car did it for me so I put that at number one.
Quote:

Also this:
Part of me feels bad for proton since they ended up buying almost every single GTE Porsche over time. But they will also be busy in the WEC running a program in the other class...
Old 11 Nov 2023, 02:46 (Ref:4185418)   #9229
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I liked them all, but something about the gold on the Jota car did it for me so I put that at number one.
or you are a massive TB12 fan?
Old 11 Nov 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4185437)   #9230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the Thunderbirds only went up to 5?
Old 11 Nov 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4185443)   #9231
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

No you’re forgetting the Ford Thunderbird
Old 11 Nov 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4185459)   #9232
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Part of me feels bad for proton since they ended up buying almost every single GTE Porsche over time. But they will also be busy in the WEC running a program in the other class...
Ried sure made it sound like Proton had put in an order for additional cars, maybe just a letter of intend and with Porsche putting on the brake to the production line, things seem to stall for a bit?

The focus might shift to 2025 now that both grids for next season are (more than) full and teams will have a full season for their new cars to compete in, instead of partial ones.
Old 11 Nov 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4185460)   #9233
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 11 Nov 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4185464)   #9234
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

There was Thunderbird 6.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_6
Old 13 Nov 2023, 18:10 (Ref:4185731)   #9235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
or you are a massive TB12 fan?
Old 17 Nov 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4186237)   #9236
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.motorsport-total.com/wec...pport-erreicht

Supply chain and maxed out customer support means that it looks like we will only see one additional 963 in competition next year (2nd JOTA car).
Old 17 Nov 2023, 14:13 (Ref:4186252)   #9237
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Fulltime. Possibly a second Proton car somewhere in selected races later on.
Old 11 Dec 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4188831)   #9238
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ercar-drivers/
Two hypercar seats for Hanson (IMSA JDC + WEC Jota). Illot and Nato will also race for Jota and this pretty much confirms that Ye is gone to Ferrari's "privateer" car indeed.
Old 11 Dec 2023, 13:58 (Ref:4188838)   #9239
Coach Ep
Veteran

Still baffled why Felix da Costa was 'promoted up'.
Old 13 Dec 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4188965)   #9240
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To me it's more of a 'promoted down' - given the choice, would any driver seriously choose FE over the WEC and Le Mans?
Old 13 Dec 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4188968)   #9241
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
To me it's more of a 'promoted down' - given the choice, would any driver seriously choose FE over the WEC and Le Mans?

Quite a few drivers easily fit in both
Old 14 Dec 2023, 02:57 (Ref:4188982)   #9242
Enduranceracer
Rookie

United States
Florida
Enduranceracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Da Costa obviously would want to being doing both series again but when you are a factory driver you have to follow orders and Porsche has said they want him fully concentrating on FE. I am sure deep down he did not like this as he has been a Jota guy for a few years and knows the potential the team has in 2024.
Old 14 Dec 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4188998)   #9243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduranceracer View Post
Da Costa obviously would want to being doing both series again but when you are a factory driver you have to follow orders and Porsche has said they want him fully concentrating on FE. I am sure deep down he did not like this as he has been a Jota guy for a few years and knows the potential the team has in 2024.
I'd be spitting feathers if I was made to do FE instead of WEC in a Hypercar.....
Old 15 Dec 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4189139)   #9244
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Quite a few drivers easily fit in both
There's a clash between the Spa 6H and the first race in Berlin next year.
Old 13 Jan 2024, 19:48 (Ref:4191752)   #9245
Enduranceracer
Rookie

United States
Florida
Enduranceracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I see Porsche showed up in FE with a new livery. Any chance we see something new on the factory 963's?
Old 16 Jan 2024, 21:11 (Ref:4192127)   #9246
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...haft-mid-year/
Looks like most upgrades are already approved. Wonder why they want a new crankshaft tho...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduranceracer View Post
Any chance we see something new on the factory 963's?
Would be nice but I guess nope
Old 16 Jan 2024, 21:31 (Ref:4192131)   #9247
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...haft-mid-year/
Looks like most upgrades are already approved. Wonder why they want a new crankshaft tho...

Would be nice but I guess nope
Something in the engine design showed up during races that they didn't know about from testing would be my guess on crankshaft.
Old 16 Jan 2024, 22:38 (Ref:4192136)   #9248
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Something in the engine design showed up during races that they didn't know about from testing would be my guess on crankshaft.
You figure the guys who had the car on track first would have nailed it. But guess they were trying something and realized in traffic and hybrid there may be changes needed. Wonder if they need more ICE earlier than others so something in the maintaining output with hybrid could be lacking. Where the Caddy just leans on the V8 and says hybrid what now
Old 3 Feb 2024, 08:28 (Ref:4194912)   #9249
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This video suggests that the new crankshaft Porsche is trying to get homologated is a cross plane design rather than flat plane. Does anyone know any more about this?
I very much hope it's the case. The 963 could go from being one of the most boring sounding Hypercars to one of the best.

https://youtu.be/WcL7mvvGDM0?si=rgq_EzA3cGXzTxRX
Old 3 Feb 2024, 11:41 (Ref:4194941)   #9250
tomcug
Veteran

There was a video 2 weeks ago specifically about the new crankshaft on that YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjxxY2esm50
I'm not sure what's the exact source for a cross plane design claim however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The 963 could go from being one of the most boring sounding Hypercars to one of the best.
This is where we disagree. To my ears the 963 is sounding all right. But it's a matter of opinion I guess