Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Apr 2002, 06:43 (Ref:259581)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Max Wilson & Paul Romano - What are you doing?

Max, that was probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a V8 Supercar race. What an idiot. Why did'nt he wait rather than burying the right foot into on-coming traffic?????????????

Paul, I can't belive you deliberately rammed another car. Surely this must result in a life ban?

And that 1st crash with Bargs. WOW!!! Was he lucky or what? Shame we could'nt have seen the more of what would have been the 'biggest' fight between two of the 'shortest' men
Old 14 Apr 2002, 07:57 (Ref:259602)   #2
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Wrex, Romano's move was an ispirational piece of work wasn't it!
And as for max, what a shame, the dude can obviously drive, he had the car in 1st and smoking while still getting pushed around by Ambrose which was very quick reactions from max,pity he forgot about all the other cArs BEHIND HIM

Murphy, sometimes it pays to own up and admit you have been a dick , your parting shot to Bargs that " you'd do the same again" exposed a side of your personality we can all do without. And to think you guys used to race boats together!
And finally, congrats to marcus, nice to see the Blue oval win one race anyway

IMO opinion your move on max was out of line and a little headstrong but hey, everyone has they're bad days huh!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:48 (Ref:259649)   #3
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what was bargs thinking??
he's about 4 foot tall and tries attacking murphy.
he should feel lucky the stewards seperared them!!!!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 09:34 (Ref:259679)   #4
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy has Skaife syndrome. HIS HEAD IS FAIR UP HIS ARSE. Regardless who is at fault we dom't need coments like Murphy's that he would do it again
Old 14 Apr 2002, 09:39 (Ref:259682)   #5
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
Murphy has Skaife syndrome. HIS HEAD IS FAIR UP HIS ARSE.
Agreed
Old 14 Apr 2002, 10:16 (Ref:259738)   #6
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Romano was just being himself.
I can just picture him telling off the stewards and saying "Your just picking on me because I am a Queenslander"
Old 14 Apr 2002, 11:04 (Ref:259782)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bargwanna and Murphy..lol...almost German GP '82 all over again... What a big accident though...lucky he walked away with it.

Romano, questionable incident for sure, and Max Wilson...if he hadn't made all the smoke by putting the pedal flat to the floor Lowndes would have seen him and not smashed him. He's obviously very quick, it'll be great once he settles down and gets into the groove of V8 Racing.

Overall, a better weekend then I expected, but still HRT dominating - the fact that Skaife has almost double the amount of points that anyone else has says it all.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 11:05 (Ref:259783)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Romona doesn't get his arse kicked to China, I'll eat my hat... who does he thing he is? Paul Tracy? Robby Gordon? Some Nascar driver?

I don't think I'd back Bargs in a fight with a cardboard cutout of himself... so I don't know what he was planning on doing to Murph... a bit of a squiching of the contents of his underwear? (Saying that, you'd imagine Bargs would have filled his...). I don't think Murph did it intenionally, but he should know when to button out of it. Also, unusual that two of Holden's 'Team of Champions' would 1. tangle, and 2. fight about it...

How good was Russ's move on Richards? I love it!

Also, I don't blame Wilson- if I were a racing driver in the heat of the moment, I'd be trying to get out there ASAP. Saying that, they are both very lucky boys... imagine what would have happened if Lowndes hit square...
Old 14 Apr 2002, 11:32 (Ref:259820)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Wilson's move was more of 'i gotta get out of the middle of the track' rather than trying to get on with the race, plus he would have been pretty pi$$ed about Ambrose turning him around.

All in all better than expected, although i'm not sure about the classic battle that Oastler was going on about in Race 1, maybe the last couple of laps, but in the early stages he was just sitting there.

As for Romano, deserves a ban or at least a fine, but that was great stuff.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 11:54 (Ref:259848)   #10
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
As for Romano, deserves a ban or at least a fine, but that was great stuff.
No good taking points off him.
He must have watched Days of Thunder too many times.
He should be banned for life.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:01 (Ref:259853)   #11
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sticking up for Romano - but maybe let's wait and hear what defence *IS* put up for the cause of the accident?

Playing Devils Advocate is it possible the car had a problem? After all we don;t know what was on the track, visibility.

But having said that - yes, if no vehicle defect can be found - IMHO a life ban would be too kind.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:01 (Ref:259854)   #12
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could Wilson's move also be partly due to his inexperience in the car? I remember that Alex Tagliani did something similar in his first season of Champcars - spun on the exit of a corner, floored it creating a huge smokescreen, blinding the drivers behind him and resulting in his car getting hit. Max will now learn from that and I doubt he'll do it again - although that won't be of any comfort to us Ford fans, three out in the space of one corner!!!

There's only one word to describe Romano's actions - idiocy. Sure, he was hit by Rodney Forbes, resulting in a spin. Sure, I can understand that he would have been mad about that. But what exactly did he expect to achieve from ramming Forbes' car? Didn't he do the same thing at Wanneroo a few years ago, hitting the Colourscan Falcon, or am I getting my memories mixed up?

BTW, after Murphy's exclusion from the Race 1 results, why didn't everyone behind him on the grid move up one position?

Last edited by William Dale Jr; 14 Apr 2002 at 12:06.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:26 (Ref:259875)   #13
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oastler said that they were about to show the bad sportsmanship flag to Max Wilson. Does anybody know why?
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:41 (Ref:259889)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RT- I think the Romano crew will be looking for meteorite damage to the steering rack....

It was too far down the track for it to be drama, plus, Forbes hit Romano in the door, which shouldn't effect steering....unless it had side skirts
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:42 (Ref:259890)   #15
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Not sticking up for Romano - but maybe let's wait and hear what defence *IS* put up for the cause of the accident?

But having said that - yes, if no vehicle defect can be found - IMHO a life ban would be too kind.
I agree RT, but on the evidence so far it's not looking good.

As far as I'm concerned, deliberately crashing into another driver that way is as bad as punching an umpire. Unforgivable. An incredibly long ban is in order. 25 years ought to do it.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:49 (Ref:259892)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
When was the last time anyone within the V8 fraternity copped a ban? What happened with Ingall at QR with Mike Imrie a couple years ago?? Where was the life ban then??
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:50 (Ref:259893)   #17
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would have been for "blocking" Skaife and Ambrose. But it was for position so let skaife find his own way around if he is that good.

Romano has been watching to many nascar races. He just needs to learn to be a bit more subtle about it..
It has taken a while for the 2 best crash kings of V8s to finally meet up with each other, and it was well worth waiting for.

Maybe at E creek they can set up a boxing ring and we could have Murph v Bargs and Romano v Forbes as the lunch time entertainment

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:52 (Ref:259894)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
My money's on Murph and Romano
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:54 (Ref:259895)   #19
Morris 1100
Veteran

It is not the first time that Paul Romano has deliberately hit another car, I have seen him do it in HQ's and the way he tries to justify his actions to the Stewards is a joke. Once at Amaroo he was given a "Severe Reprimand" by the Stewards for his actions.
So he has hit cars deliiberately before!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:54 (Ref:259896)   #20
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash and Wrex..I'm not saying there was damage BUT at this stage I am keeping an open mind (I hope anyway) about what was on the track immediately before the impact, may have been on the track or visibility on the track..

Gawd knows I've spoken my mind in the past before getting all the fact - maybe old age IS creeping up pon me <g>

Besides - a steering rack isn't the only thing that can make a car suddenly verr in another direction - I mean even Bargwanna would have had trouble this morning without a rear axle
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:54 (Ref:259897)   #21
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Also Mt-
"My back yard is not for rent for race fans"
- hrrmmmmm, so if I'm not a race fan, can I rent a portion of your vegie patch? I always like being in Bathurst on race weekend for the ambiance down at the RSL
Old 14 Apr 2002, 12:56 (Ref:259898)   #22
Morris 1100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomn
Oastler said that they were about to show the bad sportsmanship flag to Max Wilson. Does anybody know why?
For driving in front of Skaife! Nobody is allowed to do that! Just ask Jason Bright
Old 14 Apr 2002, 13:01 (Ref:259902)   #23
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
,pity he forgot about all the other cArs BEHIND HIM
I dont think he is used to having cars behind him yet, here wasnt to many behind him in CART last yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbond
Murphy has Skaife syndrome. HIS HEAD IS FAIR UP HIS ARSE
true

but that first race was the most entertaining since, well.................i dont remember

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 14 Apr 2002, 13:02 (Ref:259903)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I'm impressed RT

Actually it could have been:
A large gust of wind
Romano hit a misplaced wormhole
AWOL cruise control
Oil on the track (we're talking a tanker load)
Black ice
Dodging a seagull
The gravitation pull of the Falcon was too strong

??
Old 14 Apr 2002, 13:05 (Ref:259904)   #25
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Also, what happened at the end of R1 (I was FFing through the race, so I only picked up parts of it). Did Skaife's cheque just clear in time for him to pick up 2nd place?