Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3875509)   #476
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My tutor had the Dubai 24hr on in class today live.Not bad eh...
Old 11 Jan 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3875520)   #477
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
My tutor had the Dubai 24hr on in class today live.Not bad eh...
Easy work for your tutor! Seems odd to have a 24hr race starting on a Friday, and then at the 5hr point a huge fireworks display while the cars are circulating....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3875525)   #478
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to meet Gerard C today at The Show. Enjoyed our conversation very much. I hope that Ric W sorts your engine satisfactorily.
Dont forget the Donington Historic Festival!!

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/

Historic Touring Cars and Tony Dron Trophy for your Capri???
Old 11 Jan 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3875529)   #479
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Good to meet Gerard C today at The Show.

Historic Touring Cars and Tony Dron Trophy for your Capri???
That would be good! But will Gerard be allowed into the UK after the end of March?

Amongst the sometimes irrelevant statistics you see published, one in the local paper today- When fire alarms are automatically activated, the most frequent cause is burnt toast..... Thrip come in at #6 though, which I know from experience. When they get in a PIR they cause havoc!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3875536)   #480
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That would be good! But will Gerard be allowed into the UK after the end of March?

Amongst the sometimes irrelevant statistics you see published, one in the local paper today- When fire alarms are automatically activated, the most frequent cause is burnt toast..... Thrip come in at #6 though, which I know from experience. When they get in a PIR they cause havoc!
All Gerard will have to is pretend to be an Iranian. That way he'll probably get a free house too!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3875540)   #481
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
All Gerard will have to is pretend to be an Iranian. That way he'll probably get a free house too!
Cunning Plan!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3875548)   #482
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Do you have a rubber boat for sale, John?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3875551)   #483
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do you have a rubber boat for sale, John?

Sorry Bob, none left - there's been a big demand for them recently for some reason...
Old 11 Jan 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3875565)   #484
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sorry Bob, none left - there's been a big demand for them recently for some reason...
Looks like Gerard Mohammed will have to swim over then. Oh! Maybe his blow-up doll will do the trick.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3875570)   #485
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Papier Mache boat with all his paper panties?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jan 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3875571)   #486
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like Gerard Mohammed will have to swim over then. Oh! Maybe his blow-up doll will do the trick.
Gerard Mohammed!
What has this forum(what remnants are left) come to.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3875577)   #487
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Colin McKay.....
Of course it is
Old 11 Jan 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3875578)   #488
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Off to Autosport show in the AM in case anyone else is going?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3875582)   #489
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Off to Autosport show in the AM in case anyone else is going?
Race med and SRECG for me but not at the show......
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3875597)   #490
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Andy thanks a lot for the nice words, I cant tell you how much I appreciated our meeting! Good news, Ric can convert my engine into an almost Grp1,5, lets say Grp 1,25. Not really affordable but worth and it will be possible to have it checked and sealed by the Motuk inspector…
As to the end of March, Ric had exactly the same words as bauble, "they need us more than we need them". Same thing at the BJ trailers stand. It's been around four of five years I didn't go to this show and couldn't remember how nice and helpful people are in this business. Even with Johnny Foreigner!

And now, midget, Bauble, Viva, E.B and even John, let me tell you how we inflate our dolls here and its has nothing to "sea" with a cricket pump!

Gerard Mohammed, happy with his trip!
PS to Mike H: the sandwiches are terrible! What are you doing?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3875598)   #491
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I was about to collect some pictures of my favorite racing cars, but there is a… but. Obviously, bauble will try to convert the pictures from LHD to RHD, so how to explain my Ettevroc Gnits Yar at Siverstone or a Drof Irpac at Spa, I wonder… Others are Jean Marc's Epyt E which doesn't sound much better! Imagine this in Oz country!!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3875607)   #492
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Race med and SRECG for me but not at the show......

Become an immigrant - you'll get a free medical!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 23:13 (Ref:3875618)   #493
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Thanks John, much appreciated. I seem to remember that you posted it as an example of axle articulation as the rear passenger wheel was hidden in the wheel arch and the right front was almost if not quite in the air.

My A35 was primrose yellow with a green stripe as a homage to the old Sprinzelwagons, as my friend who built it for me's Dad used to buy them from John Sprinzel for the performance parts.

I've looked everywhere for the photo as it's for sale again converted into an A35 Academy car with Goodwood history and I think it looked much better when I had it!
Cliff, I know it's not the shot you were after (or the circuit come to that!) but here's a couple from a wet Brands Hatch from 2007 and one from Mallory Park in 2006
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cliff Ryan - Austin A35 (3).JPG
Views:	12
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	52393 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cliff Ryan - Austin A35.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	52394 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryan - Austin A35 06 (1).JPG
Views:	15
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	52395
Old 12 Jan 2019, 00:04 (Ref:3875628)   #494
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Cliff, I know it's not the shot you were after (or the circuit come to that!) but here's a couple from a wet Brands Hatch from 2007 and one from Mallory Park in 2006
Attachment 52393 Attachment 52394 Attachment 52395
Great, thanks, much appreciated
Old 12 Jan 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3875655)   #495
bauble
Veteran

England
Did you manage to hold off the red lorry? It looks very fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Ryan - Austin A35 06 (1).JPG  
Old 12 Jan 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3875660)   #496
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Hahahahaha.
Historic Lorry Racing-Like modern truck racing but classic/historic.Please tell me thats a good idea.😁
Old 12 Jan 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3875661)   #497
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Brilliant
Old 12 Jan 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3875664)   #498
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Easy work for your tutor! Seems odd to have a 24hr race starting on a Friday, and then at the 5hr point a huge fireworks display while the cars are circulating....
Islamic weekend. Friday and Saturday.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3875665)   #499
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England

Anorak fact, courtesy of CCW- Phil Collins owned a restored A35, and it’s being auctioned by Coys today in Germany......
Old 12 Jan 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3875666)   #500
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Islamic weekend. Friday and Saturday.
Ah, a real reason then! Thanks, Peter