Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jan 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3877046)   #801
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Better take care with a too long scarf… Remember Isadora Duncan?
Old 18 Jan 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3877050)   #802
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
The first of the two pics of the yellow peril has uncle Eric at the wheel, you can see in mine my blue Biggles scarf blowing in the wind.
In which case, here is another one of Biggles in action.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7859.JPG  
Old 18 Jan 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3877061)   #803
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at those pics of Donington, they seem to have lost the assembly area used if the Melbourne loop is in use ?
Old 18 Jan 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3877075)   #804
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Looking at those pics of Donington, they seem to have lost the assembly area used if the Melbourne loop is in use ?

The fence that enclosed the collection area was sort of attached to the end of the wall that has been demolished. Was a bit tatty too..

The tarmac of that area occupied by some of the construction plant and materials last time I was there. It's just beyond the vehicles driving in to the paddock in the second image.

I sort of wonder how that section is going to work once done but it seems likely the collecting area won't move far for the coming season.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3877144)   #805
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The latest 'Political Correctness gone mad' item...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp
Old 19 Jan 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3877145)   #806
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Looking at the location of the store I'm wondering if Mr Bauble has been complaining again...
Old 19 Jan 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3877148)   #807
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Unfortunately not. Did you see what they call a national "consultation"? No choice about the suggested subjects, we can only select among several carefully suggested answers! Could be more simple: pick up people all over the country by bus and give them two tickets, a blue one and a red one. The blue one is for the vote, the red one will be the "back to your home" ticket! Democrawhat???
It all sounds very familiar but I guess they all get the same instructions from Brussels.....
Old 19 Jan 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3877152)   #808
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The latest 'Political Correctness gone mad' item
Does this mean the third or fourth gender has to watch the paint drying prior to shopping? What about a drive-in for blue cars only?
Old 19 Jan 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3877155)   #809
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Looking at the location of the store I'm wondering if Mr Bauble has been complaining again...
That's a queer thing to tweet, Ducky
Old 19 Jan 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3877156)   #810
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mon Ami Robert, did you read the reference to a superhero? Looking at the modifications made to the painting, its seems that his cape slipped down to his hips! Superman? Fussy!
Old 19 Jan 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3877168)   #811
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
1st race coming up for me today . Thruxton 1 hour kart enduro with Delta son Stewart . It’s raining .
Old 19 Jan 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3877170)   #812
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
1st race coming up for me today . Thruxton 1 hour kart enduro with Delta son Stewart . It’s raining .
We could come along only 1 30 mins away.
When was the last time you went karting.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3877180)   #813
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

How long before they take the wheelchair logo out of the Disabled Parking Bays?

I have a Blue Badge after breaking 5 bones in my spine but don't use a wheelchair so maybe I should complain
Old 19 Jan 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3877186)   #814
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
How long before they take the wheelchair logo out of the Disabled Parking Bays?

I have a Blue Badge after breaking 5 bones in my spine but don't use a wheelchair so maybe I should complain
If one is bone idle and hate to walk any further than necessary, then I should be catered for. A reserved spot right next to the checkout.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3877187)   #815
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If one is bone idle and hate to walk any further than necessary, then I should be catered for. A reserved spot right next to the checkout.
I would have thought you would have valet parking organised Bob.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3877191)   #816
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B, he doesn't need actually, having a Porsche with chauffeur…
Old 19 Jan 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3877196)   #817
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
A few pages ago someone asked for an update on Brexit. I found this, an explanation of why we joined the EU in the first place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYqB0uTKlE
Old 19 Jan 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3877197)   #818
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
A few pages ago someone asked for an update on Brexit. I found this, an explanation of why we joined the EU in the first place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYqB0uTKlE
Just when we are talking about ME along comes Viva and changes the subject.

B. Typical.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3877198)   #819
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Just when we are talking about ME along comes Viva and changes the subject.
Unfair your Honor, nicely Viva saved your guts when someone was referring to you owning another german car!
Old 19 Jan 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3877203)   #820
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
A few pages ago someone asked for an update on Brexit. I found this, an explanation of why we joined the EU in the first place:
‘Yes Minister’ was so clever. Wonder if a new series would be allowed nowadays?
Old 19 Jan 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3877216)   #821
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
‘Yes Minister’ was so clever. Wonder if a new series would be allowed nowadays?

Its all so "loony tunes" these days that it would be much more difficult to parody it.........
Old 19 Jan 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3877219)   #822
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In comparison we're lucky here, we have a new version of The Muppet Sow and none can doubt of how deep the governing body is involved!

Lancs and some Alfa fans, I'm trying to upload a "wiper" video from our GTAM Luxembourg friends fighting hard at Spa 2016 during the first laps. Couldn't imagine what a hassle it is…
Old 19 Jan 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3877225)   #823
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My Free supplier seems slow. is there a trick to upload at reasonable speed, please? At the moment I took two hours for two minutes… for a poor result!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rPXS87A1sU
Old 20 Jan 2019, 01:58 (Ref:3877239)   #824
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
My Free supplier seems slow. is there a trick to upload at reasonable speed, please? At the moment I took two hours for two minutes… for a poor result!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rPXS87A1sU

Er - that seems to be two Capris fighting around Spa.....interesting but I miss the relevance to Alfas?

Cant help with upload tech, I'm afraid.....
Old 20 Jan 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3877257)   #825
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry Lanc's the one with the hard GTAM battle is still uploading. Les lenteurs de l'administration française. or may be my computer is already under survey! No worry, I won't give up !