Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 23 Sep 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2296239)   #51
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sara,
I'm sure the whole of the marshalling community will be thinking of you and the children at these worrying times, I know I will.
I was at Silverstone, at Brooklands, when this unfortunate accident unfolded,
looking forward to seeing how well Andy and the TVR were going to go.
I dearly hope Andy makes a good and speedy recovery.
Praying for you all.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2296279)   #52
stuarty101
Rookie

Scotland
Blackburn,West Lothain
stuarty101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sara, our thoughts are with you and your family at this time and I wish Andy a speedy and full recovery.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2296284)   #53
Carole J
Rookie

Carole J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Sara - Heard the tragic news as it unfolded - and life sucks! Andy's fighting spirit and his sheer determination will see him win this one. All our prayers and thoughts are with you all - be strong. All our love and kisses Carole, Steve, Mark and Zena and everybody from Daniels Motorsport. xxxx
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2296349)   #54
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have seen Andy in the Assembly area prior to going onto the grid, so that makes it harder. Even worse is that it wasn't his accident.

Can I just use this as an opportunity to praise the rescue crew (I believe it was Midlands) plus the doctors who were on the scene and who stabilised Andy enough to get him out of the car and then onwards to hospital. We all joke about the rescue unit crews but, let's face it, when they are needed, they do perform above and beyond..........Otherwise...............

To Sara and children, sorry I don't know you personally, but you have our heartfelt best wishes for the best outcome from all of this.

Shelagh & Bill
Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2296389)   #55
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy, Sara and family, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time, wishing for a full and speedy recovery
Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2296418)   #56
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wishing Andy all the best for a speedy and full recovery.
Our thoughts are with Sara and family.

Pete & Jean
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2296442)   #57
Rollcentre
Rookie

Rollcentre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Andy

Last year you raced the Mosler with us to a fantastic second place in the 24 Hours at Silverstone. You did a great job (but you did dink the car in warm up you plonker..... but we forgave you) and you brought the car home quickly and safely.

I remember meeting your wife and your kids, and you stayed in a motorhome like me and my family. I even met your Dad who was so proud of you and your racing.

You were very serious about your racing and very hard working and committed. You fulfilled your commitments to me and my team with honour.

Now you need to put that energy into getting better, and getting back to your family that need you more than you can ever have imagined before this. So do your stint, win this race, and get back home soon.

From Martin, Michelle, Morgan and Marcus Short, and all the team at Rollcentre...... Cushty, Chief, Luke, Stephane, Dave, Dave-Dave, Martin and Kate, Claire, and all the rest of the gang.

We are all thinking of you mate.

(And we are all thinking of you and the kids Sara)
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2296446)   #58
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get Well Soon Andy. My thoughts are with you and your Family.
Mark Bastin
Old 24 Sep 2008, 01:26 (Ref:2296566)   #59
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the unspoken fear of anyone who races, for them and their family - you can only hope it never happens, but after his terrible accident I now instead hope Andy has his nearest and dearest around him right now to help him through this.

Mine and my families hearts go out to you and yours, and I hope you make a swift and full recovery. From one racing family to another, Darren, Vicki & baby Kiera.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 05:23 (Ref:2296642)   #60
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Copied from another forum

Hello

As Sara's sister in law and Andy's sister,I would personally like to send all those who have sent their best wishes and thought's a very big thank you.

The family really appreciate all your thoughts, and Sara and I have been telling Andy how well thought of he is. Although we are not certain he hears us, we know it must be good, if he does, to hear a familiar voice.

Sara is currently at the hospital with Andy, hence why I am now posting.

We would also like to thank those who have been respectful and had the good grace to apologise for the posting of videos and photo's. Although we understand these are within the public domain and we have no legal right to request their removal, we are trying to protect Andy's young children. We are seeing first hand ourselves the aftermath of Saturday 20th Sept at Silverstone, and the constant reminders via video or photo are a bitter pill to swallow for Andy's family.

Andy is still in Intensive Care, and still on the ventilator. They had removed it, and hoped he would be able to sustain himself without the aid of the ventilator, but currently his lungs are just not quite strong enough to do this. So unfortunately this morning they re-ventilated him and again sedated him. My brother is a fighter, and will not give in easily to this, his family need him to battle on, but we know this is going to be a long hard slog and we are merely at the starting line still.

However everyday brings fresh optimism and hope and every little triumph is a miracle for all of us.

Once again we will try to keep you as informed as possible of Andy's progress, but please understand it may be very intermittent as we are spending almost all of our time with Andy at the hospital.

Yours

Sarah-Jane
Old 24 Sep 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2296758)   #61
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all best to sara and the rest of the family i really wih you a speedy recovery
Old 24 Sep 2008, 11:03 (Ref:2296800)   #62
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Silverstone, observing at Becketts. It is always distressing when something like this happens. My thoughts and my families are with you Sara for your self and your children. My sincere wishes are that Andy makes a speedy and full recovery and can get back doing what he loved, racing.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2296802)   #63
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sara and family. My thoughts are with you are this very difficult time. I was not at Silverstone but was at Mallory Park and news filtered though. I was totally gutted as I class Andy as a very talented driver. I hope he makes a full recovery.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2296891)   #64
rotorboy
Rookie

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
rotorboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the Neate family - words are just not enough at a time like this, you are in my thoughts and I wish Andy the speediest of recoveries.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2296992)   #65
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was at the meeting reporting for Autosport. On behalf of us all in the office I wish Andy a full and speedy recovery. I know a lot of people's thoughts are with Sara and the family.

Kevin Turner
Autosport
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2297067)   #66
amgtv
Rookie

amgtv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was shocked and saddened to read the news today- Having known Andy through his Fiesta racing days- he always had time for a chat-
You are a fighter Andy- get well SOON.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family.

Andy
AMGTV
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2297079)   #67
pauwilson
Racer

Scotland
East Kilbride
pauwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sara and family, our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this truly difficult time.

A lot of us have already posted here but not all have internet access so on behalf of all the Scottish marshals that were at the event, we wish Andy a full and speedy recovery.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2297150)   #68
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollcentre
Dear Andy

Last year you raced the Mosler with us to a fantastic second place in the 24 Hours at Silverstone. You did a great job (but you did dink the car in warm up you plonker..... but we forgave you) and you brought the car home quickly and safely.

I remember meeting your wife and your kids, and you stayed in a motorhome like me and my family. I even met your Dad who was so proud of you and your racing.

You were very serious about your racing and very hard working and committed. You fulfilled your commitments to me and my team with honour.

Now you need to put that energy into getting better, and getting back to your family that need you more than you can ever have imagined before this. So do your stint, win this race, and get back home soon.

From Martin, Michelle, Morgan and Marcus Short, and all the team at Rollcentre...... Cushty, Chief, Luke, Stephane, Dave, Dave-Dave, Martin and Kate, Claire, and all the rest of the gang.

We are all thinking of you mate.

(And we are all thinking of you and the kids Sara)
Well said Martin, I couldn't have said anything better.

Andy, get well soon, and back up on your feet that is the only race you need to run now, you have the best pit crew you could wish for in your family.

Sara, thinking of you and your whole family at this tough time. As said above, motorsport is a family, and in trying time, family stick together. Best wishes to you all. God Speed.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2297225)   #69
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that just about sums everything up there. All I'll add is that from me and everyone on Woodcote Gap, we're thinking of you Andy and Sara. Best wishes.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2297243)   #70
dave cam
Rookie

England
Long Eaton,Nottingham
dave cam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get well soon Andy, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2297272)   #71
frances
Rookie

frances should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi sara, I was marshaling on stowe at the time of incident. my thoughts are with you and your family and i wish andy a quick recovery. we wish you all the best from all the marshals on stowe and from scotland
Old 25 Sep 2008, 05:25 (Ref:2297440)   #72
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at bridge everybody in motorsport wishes andy a full recovery and our thoughts are for sara and her family.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2297547)   #73
Flag Monkey
Rookie

Scotland
Stirlingshire
Flag Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts and hopes are with Sara and the rest of the Neate family. Wishing Andy the best on his recovery.

Also well done to guys at Pedestrian Bridge and the rescue units for doing a good job.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2297554)   #74
Flag Monkey
Rookie

Scotland
Stirlingshire
Flag Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Posted by Andy's sister on another forum

To the Marshall's, Medics and Crew

Firstly I want to extend Sara, my famillies and my own special thanks to all the Marshalls,Medic's and track crew who took the dearest care of my brother on the track after his crash. I apologise for us not having done so before, in our haste to make sure all knew precisely what had happened, it totally slipped our minds, and I only hope you all understand how very much we appreciate the care you extended to Andy, had it not been for you all, we now know we would no longer have him with us,and nothing can take away from us the very big part you all played in keeping him in our worlds.

Sara,Sarah-Jane our famillies and Andys closest friend's

Ok finally an update on Andy's progress

Andy was due to have his operation today,but unfortunately it has been cancelled. However the longer we wait the stronger my brother gets. He is still in a critical condition and is in an awful lot of pain. He keeps indicating that the pain is a 10, this is based on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst you could imagine. However the very fact he can feel pain is another little miracle for all that love him.

Because we are now hoping he will have his op on Saturday, we have chosen to give him a nice break from listening to Sara and myself asking all the hundreds of questions you feel you need to ask the dr's and nurses lol.

Andy still has an infection on his right lung, and has not been allowed to come off of ventilation or to have the chest tube removed from his left lung, however as with before, everyday he gets just a little better, and the surgeon who will be operating on him this weekend, has told us he is making an incredible recovery at the moment.

He is clearly not out of the woods, but all progress no matter how small is welcomed and as a family we are so terribly proud of Andy and how he is progressing. He is still under sedation, but has become increasingly aware of us around him.

Anyway as soon as we know anymore, either myself or Sara will update the thread for you all. Thank you again for all the get well messages, Sara is printing them all off and making a scrap book for Andy, so that whilst he is in recuperation he will have something wonderful to look back at, and see how much he is clearly thought of by the racing community.

Sarah-Jane xx
Old 25 Sep 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2297572)   #75
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andys fighting spirit is a leaf out of how he races, never gives up.

I hear WSR have built a third car for next season and hope all it needs now Andy is your name on it

Thanks for the update.