Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Oct 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3314521)   #26
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
I am sure the 67 teams that made up the largest Birkett Entry in history in 2012, do not consider the event to be "wrecked," the ethos of the Birkett is to bring together the whole club racing community for a good value and fun end of season event. The fact that Caterhams are so well represented is simply a sign of the huge success they had enjoyed and the market share that they possess in national motorsport.

The fact that some of the teams that have long been part of Birkett history, now feel that the speed differentials are sufficiently high that they do not wish to race, has led us to the idea of the "Historic Birkett."

It will be a 4 Hour Race and it will be at Snetterton on the 300 circuit, replicas and continuation cars will be allowed, but every entry is subect to the scrutiny and approval of the organisers to ensure it is within the spirit of the event.

We have had our first 4 entries, which is excellent and they comprise 2 x teams of Morgans, 1 x team of MGB's and a team of genuine period Lotus 7's. Our own 750 Trophy Series are working on running 3 teams, Bentley Drivers Club 2 teams, so hopefully with a few more it will be a great event!
And AGAIN well said!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3314593)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Id love to do this but no one invites me....
Do you have a suitable car mon chéri?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3314595)   #28
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Do you have a suitable car mon chéri?
No thats why no one invites me !!!

CAnt I pay to drive yours or someones!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3314608)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I'm driving mine, have you asked someones yet?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3314742)   #30
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We could find you a ZR Claire but alas it's not old enough :-(

It would probably go round Snetterton in 2:42 - oops, sorry, wrong thread.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3315228)   #31
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:

If you, or any one else, can find a suitable car you would be more than welcome to join us as one of our team has had to pull out.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3315233)   #32
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
If you, or any one else, can find a suitable car you would be more than welcome to join us as one of our team has had to pull out.
Anyone got an Arrive n Drive type deal on a pre 74 car that I can use please PM me
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3315234)   #33
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We could find you a ZR Claire but alas it's not old enough :-(

It would probably go round Snetterton in 2:42 - oops, sorry, wrong thread.

Ive decided to rename the 360 242!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3315264)   #34
edison
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bath
edison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am very keen to enter this in class B with a team of 'BMC' powered cars. So far we have our Cox GTM and Adam Cunnington's Sprite. Would anyone else like to join in?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3315713)   #35
750MC
Rookie

750MC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by edison View Post
I am very keen to enter this in class B with a team of 'BMC' powered cars. So far we have our Cox GTM and Adam Cunnington's Sprite. Would anyone else like to join in?
If you would like to contact the club with your details, we may be able to help.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3320987)   #36
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
I was looking forward to seeing this event ....and am quite sad to hear that it has been cancelled

lack of entries is whats on the website

Yet the one at Silverstone has 70 odd entries I think