Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3797963)   #501
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so wouldnt the radio people, who have no visual, want to know more about the lap, or do they just want to know bits of trivia. the first the radio audience would ahve even know Chas had started his lap was 50 seconds into it, thats a massive failure for radio people

When i listen to the tennis or cricket to the radio they tell me information about every shot as it happens
I'm not going to argue with you over race commentary.

I am looking forward to the race tomorrow, and I know Hindy and the Radiolemans team will do a great job.

Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3797964)   #502
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi View Post
I'm not going to argue with you over race commentary.

I am looking forward to the race tomorrow, and I know Hindy and the Radiolemans team will do a great job.

fair enough. just something that needs improving, puts people off

Reckon they have heaps more race experience so the race commentary should be good
Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3797965)   #503
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks everyone for the links and insights on here. I’ll be glued to the live stream this evening- the benefit of being in the UK time zone! (For the start, anyway...)

Regarding commentators not noticing what we are seeing, I usually give them the benefit of doubt, as don’t know what else they’ve got going on in front of them. Maybe sometimes they are studying the timing screen(s) more than watching the tv screen(s).... Frustrating, yes, but hardly the end of the world. Just having free live stream and timing is something to be thankful for these days!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3797967)   #504
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
As Mr Bowe pointed out in the media, there's several years difference in the two chassis, meaning that it's less of a risk time-wise, to simply prep and sticker the McMillan car, as opposed to hoping that the Garnter car's electrics will talk to the much newer engine.

Based on the pace of the two other REX-spec cars in the field, it should offer them a greater turn of speed.
Was thinking more about why they don’t have a spare engine, or access to one.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3797968)   #505
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any ideas why the Manthey Porsche is so far down the order?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3797970)   #506
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
fair enough. just something that needs improving, puts people off

Reckon they have heaps more race experience so the race commentary should be good
I guess it is all down to personal taste. I found it a refreshing change from Crompton Crehan Skaife etc.

I always found the RLM crew good, especially at Le Mans.
I cut them slack also because they are broadcasting to a less informed International audience, plus the radio factor..
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3797974)   #507
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks everyone for the links and insights on here. I’ll be glued to the live stream this evening- the benefit of being in the UK time zone! (For the start, anyway...)
I think I've got my time zones muddled, what's your take on the uk viewing time schedule?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:13 (Ref:3797979)   #508
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I think I've got my time zones muddled, what's your take on the uk viewing time schedule?
Local time in Aus at the moment is UK time +11 hours. ie Midday Sunday here is 1.00am Sunday in the UK. So race start UK time should be 6:45 Saturday PM.
Right now it is 8:15 pm Saturday here and 9:15am Saturday in UK.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3797980)   #509
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Local time in Aus at the moment is UK time +11 hours. ie Midday Sunday here is 1.00am Sunday in the UK. So race start UK time should be 6:45 Saturday PM.
Right now it is 8:15 pm Saturday here and 9:15am Saturday in UK.
Thanks, having a bad moment!!!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3797982)   #510
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Is there spotters guide to identify the cars for the uninitiated?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3797984)   #511
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
As E.B says- live stream should start 1820hrs today in UK. Perfect time to enjoy a cold one as the race starts. Need as big a screen as possible with it being dark at that time. Wondering if my smart TV will stream it.....
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3797985)   #512
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
As E.B says- live stream should start 1820hrs today in UK. Perfect time to enjoy a cold one as the race starts. Need as big a screen as possible with it being dark at that time. Wondering if my smart TV will stream it.....
Thanks Mike
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3797986)   #513
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Something here on this link: https://imgur.com/a/CM8ZP
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3797987)   #514
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Got myself in a pickle there for a moment, that's the trouble with watching international racing! I've only just recovered from the Daytona 24 having followed
nearly half the race on the IMSA site I was still operating on time shifting ahead not behind, must be my age!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3797988)   #515
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3797989)   #516
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Listen to the commentary today at the circuit reminded me why John, for all his enthusiasm, is well down on my list of commentators.

Listen carefully and you’ll notice John is barely able to complete a coherent sentence. A style of commentary unfortunately common in sport these days. It must drive the person scribing the closed captions up the wall.

John, like Murray Walker, is prone to mistake, but lacks Murray’s charm.

Richard Craill is a man of more sense and if he can avoid calling a mid field Supercar driver a superstar we should be in for a good day.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3797990)   #517
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be hard for the Audis again. They are fastest on the hill, which brings them nothing. You have to be fast at the straights to get through traffic easy and be able to pass the opponents.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3798002)   #518
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The question can be dumb but what does YNA stand for? I presume it's like "Spirit of Race" aka AF Corse. Who, in fact, operates under that banner? Thanks in advance!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3798008)   #519
GT Supporter
Rookie

GT Supporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafe View Post
Will be hard for the Audis again. They are fastest on the hill, which brings them nothing. You have to be fast at the straights to get through traffic easy and be able to pass the opponents.
The Audis have this problem at all tracks . it's the way the BOP works , if you have plenty of downforce and are quick in the corners , you will be slowed down on the straights . The Nissan GTR is a classic example of this at work , terrible in the corners , a rocket ship on the straights .
Old 3 Feb 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3798011)   #520
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Someone on Reddit did one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLX...ew?usp=sharing

https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comment...potters_guide/
Old 3 Feb 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3798014)   #521
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Old 3 Feb 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3798016)   #522
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks, and for the previous link E.B posted. Question- Does the #8 Merc look the same going forwards?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3798022)   #523
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Anyone know what the infringement was for the no.100 BMW? Did I hear something about boost pressure? With that driver line up it should be pretty interesting watching the car from the back of the grid.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 14:15 (Ref:3798026)   #524
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Awesome! Thanks, chaps. I'm off for a morning family outing / lunch then it's 12 hrs of The Mountain!

Can't wait!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3798037)   #525
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Supporter View Post
The Audis have this problem at all tracks . it's the way the BOP works , if you have plenty of downforce and are quick in the corners , you will be slowed down on the straights . The Nissan GTR is a classic example of this at work , terrible in the corners , a rocket ship on the straights .
Its more the characteristic of the cars combined with the BOP for more or less equal laptimes. The middle-engined audi always had a very good cornering speed. Actuall its very nice to still have cars with different strengths around the circuit.