Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Sep 2012, 05:10 (Ref:3138205)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I hope that one is not a sign that Glickenhaus would fall just like Pescarolo Team this year...
Nah, Glickenhaus is loaded, these cars for him are basically vanity projects. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3138250)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I hope that one is not a sign that Glickenhaus would fall just like Pescarolo Team this year...
Managed pretty OK without Ferrari backing at the Nurburgring already. Even without congratulations by Ferrari, for that matter, where Red Bull, Caterham F1 and many others did gave their congratulations.

But these renders are just a toe in the water, sort of a feasability study and something to show to potential sponsors to get the budget together. Hope they pull it off!
Old 19 Sep 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3138278)   #18
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Nah, Glickenhaus is loaded, these cars for him are basically vanity projects. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
He's loaded, but I don;t think he'll back the project financially, I think only Sponsorship will run the project..
Old 19 Sep 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3138282)   #19
CTD
Subscriber
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
He's loaded, but I don;t think he'll back the project financially, I think only Sponsorship will run the project..
He will...
Finding sponsorship to develop, build and run such a car is impossible in todays climate.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3138430)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I hope the mods dont mind the link - but keep an eye on this thread if you want first hand information:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383099
Old 21 Feb 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3616391)   #21
Napolis
Rookie

Napolis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunlop makes great tires. At the last VLN we were 2 OA and the car that beat us was on Dunlop. At this N24 we will have 3 cars on Dunlops and we expect to be very competitive.

If we go on to LMP 1 we will be on Dunlops.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3616415)   #22
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Dunlop makes great tires. At the last VLN we were 2 OA and the car that beat us was on Dunlop. At this N24 we will have 3 cars on Dunlops and we expect to be very competitive.

If we go on to LMP 1 we will be on Dunlops.
Good luck with that! Are the tires on VLC confidential? I mean, does the tires belong to the teams or the manufacturers? If they are owned by the teams it means that the tires will not feature special chemical secrets in their compounds.

Michelin have been domintating the N24 for years and you only see Dunlop, Pirelli shod cars way down the grid(I remember last year that the best Pirelli car was a Bentley and it qualified 6s behind the Bentley Michelin and race pace was 4s slower). Is there a big price difference between Dunlop and Michelin? If not, I reckon you guys would be way better off on Michelins
Old 21 Feb 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3616492)   #23
Napolis
Rookie

Napolis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Good luck with that! Are the tires on VLC confidential? I mean, does the tires belong to the teams or the manufacturers? If they are owned by the teams it means that the tires will not feature special chemical secrets in their compounds.

Michelin have been domintating the N24 for years and you only see Dunlop, Pirelli shod cars way down the grid(I remember last year that the best Pirelli car was a Bentley and it qualified 6s behind the Bentley Michelin and race pace was 4s slower). Is there a big price difference between Dunlop and Michelin? If not, I reckon you guys would be way better off on Michelins
We tested Michelin and Dunlop back to back at Spa.
We stayed on Dunlop.

All top teams use confidential tires.

At Hockenheimring at the sport Auto Test we did pretty well on our Dunlops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXhuy_AarY

At our last VLN race which as I said was won by a Dunlop car and where we finished second we did an 8:01 which isn't too bad.

We also remain hopeful about the Tires Dunlop are working on for our street legal car and look forward to seeing what sort of Ring time she'll do.

We'll also unrestrict and unballast our race car at some point and have a go at Stephen's record on our Dunlops.

If any of you are at the 12 Hours of Mugello, (One tire race/ Hankook) any VLN's or the N24 please say Hello.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3616585)   #24
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guess if there's one place where you could race the car pretty much unrestricted in Germany (or whole Europe for that matter?), would be DMV GTC. See where it really takes you. And beat that old GT1 Viper and Pagani

Maybe by the time you (possibly) join LMP1 more makes than just Mic and Dunlop have joined the show again. There can never be too much tire variety in todays diminishing variety on that front.

By the way there used to be own dedicated thread for your hypothetical P1 back in the day, on top of the P4/5 thread, perhaps we should move these dedicated discussions there (or new updated thread) instead of having scattered discussion here and the LMP1-incentive thread, and VLN one, etc
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=glickenhaus

Last edited by Chiana; 21 Feb 2016 at 22:05.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3616675)   #25
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Napolis
Thanks very much for the response

I guess you guys are a top team, ie, your team also tested with confidential tires? Assuming it to be so, then I can deduce that Dunlop proved to be a better tire, correct?

Do you know the reason for most top teams(like the former dominator Marc VDS) using Michelins, then?
Old 22 Feb 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3616699)   #26
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
We'll also unrestrict and unballast our race car at some point and have a go at Stephen's record on our Dunlops.

can't wait.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3616748)   #27
Napolis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
@Napolis
Thanks very much for the response

I guess you guys are a top team, ie, your team also tested with confidential tires? Assuming it to be so, then I can deduce that Dunlop proved to be a better tire, correct?

Do you know the reason for most top teams(like the former dominator Marc VDS) using Michelins, then?
We are but our test was apple to apples.

Both Dunlop and Michelin make great tires. In 2015 Dunlop won P2, Michelin GTE and P1 H.

Things change and in 2016 I think Dunlop and SCG will be VERY strong at the Ring.

As my friend Mark D said: "When the flag drops the bullshit stops".
Old 22 Feb 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3616754)   #28
Napolis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Guess if there's one place where you could race the car pretty much unrestricted in Germany (or whole Europe for that matter?), would be DMV GTC. See where it really takes you. And beat that old GT1 Viper and Pagani

Maybe by the time you (possibly) join LMP1 more makes than just Mic and Dunlop have joined the show again. There can never be too much tire variety in todays diminishing variety on that front.

By the way there used to be own dedicated thread for your hypothetical P1 back in the day, on top of the P4/5 thread, perhaps we should move these dedicated discussions there (or new updated thread) instead of having scattered discussion here and the LMP1-incentive thread, and VLN one, etc
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=glickenhaus
I agree.

Unrestricted no GTE car would run with us except for The Ford GTE equally unrestricted. As we have less frontal area then them we'd probably be faster.

We're making over 900KG of net downforce and have an aerodynamic ratio very close to a P2. There is no other GT car near that. Unballasted we'd weigh 1150KG.

Unrestricted/Unballasted I think we'll kiss Stephen's time.

Off for a 30 Hour Test.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3616830)   #29
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree.

Unrestricted no GTE car would run with us except for The Ford GTE equally unrestricted. As we have less frontal area then them we'd probably be faster.

We're making over 900KG of net downforce and have an aerodynamic ratio very close to a P2. There is no other GT car near that. Unballasted we'd weigh 1150KG.

Unrestricted/Unballasted I think we'll kiss Stephen's time.

Off for a 30 Hour Test.
You literally have GT1 car in 2016... the lost sister of MC12 Just 10 years too late!

Take some video of the unrestricted, unballasted testing, could you?

Tell everyone at the office we love your spirit!
Old 22 Feb 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3616841)   #30
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Those gte cars are no slouch. Pretty sure they can drop weight without ballast and run 800hp without restrictors. The GT3 cars are already slowed down at VLN events vs other series' using the same car thanks to bop. But this is off topic. Would be nice to see these cars run freely without bop, though.